COMMERCE CORNER NON-PAYERS/NON-SENDERS STICKY!!

Buy, sell, and trade goods with other forum members - private sales only.
Forum rules
If you have a negative or potentially harmful comment to make about another poster's pricing or offer, send a Private Message - do not reply here on the forum. Public comments about pricing or the offer being made will be deleted. Do NOT post links to your auctions where items are sold elsewhere or your post will be deleted. Repeated misuse will result in loss of access to this forum. DO NOT POST UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THE COMMERCE CORNER RULES THREAD BELOW!
scott c
GCC Member
GCC Member

#51 Post by scott c » December 28th, 2017, 12:32 pm

scott c wrote:
scott c wrote:Pete has been super-responsive and I believe we will work this out. I have still not heard from JOE CUENCO, so if anyone knows him, please reach out!
Joe has resurfaced and we are negotiating a resolution (he can't find the bottle I paid for). I am optimistic that all will be satisfied. Thanks to whoever may have tipped him off.
Update: Joe found the bottle and it arrived safely earlier this week! Thus ends Scott's Great Commerce Corner Old Deal Scramble of 2017.
c 1 @ f f e e

"By serving the best, never the most, a host compliments both himself and guest, and compensates with additional enjoyment what he wisely limits in number of drinks."
-Julian P. ("Pappy") Van Winkle, Sr.

Ken V
GCC Member
GCC Member

#52 Post by Ken V » January 4th, 2018, 6:36 am

scott c wrote:
scott c wrote:Pete has been super-responsive and I believe we will work this out. I have still not heard from JOE CUENCO, so if anyone knows him, please reach out!
Update re: Peter C. -- we reached a mutually agreeable resolution and all is well. He is a good guy and was easy to work with!
I hope part of the deal was to send Peter Czyryca some vowels.
Ken V @ s t o l @
The Fine Wine Geek
Click on the W W W button under my name to see my website.
"Don't be meek, embrace the geek." -Terry Theise
Twitter: @FineWineGeek

J0nS@lin@s

Re: COMMERCE CORNER NON-PAYERS/NON-SENDERS STICKY!!

#53 Post by J0nS@lin@s » June 21st, 2019, 11:18 pm

Add SommPicks to list of low-quality sources, where bad wine gets sent to be stuffed to those seeking QPR... buyer beware!! AVOID SOMMPICKS!!!

3/3 bottles were flawed. Explained now statistically low probability that was and they’re answer was it’s the buyers problem.

Highly recommend that no one buys aged wine at SommPicks. They don’t offer refund policies in line with tier 1 shops. Quality is weak as hell.

robmundell
GCC Member
GCC Member

#54 Post by robmundell » January 29th, 2020, 1:33 am

Has anyone purchased from Aaron L. on here? I'm having some issues communicating and receiving what I purchased from him.

johnr

#55 Post by johnr » January 31st, 2020, 5:33 am

start the process to hold up the funds. Aaron L is a known scammer.
john russick

robmundell
GCC Member
GCC Member

#56 Post by robmundell » January 31st, 2020, 5:47 am

Thanks for the info!

D. HEIN

#57 Post by D. HEIN » February 7th, 2020, 9:13 pm

Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2019 10:58am
To: XXX.com

Subject: SommPicks February Offer: Geeky Rarities and Serious Back-Vintage Heat!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 10:17 AM wrote:

You are ridiculous, unprofessional and naive in your requirement of the "SIGN IN" to view wines available! It simply destroys my desire to "shop" your offering. Additionally, I wonder why all the security/secrecy prevails.

It's YOUR business, of course, just my perspective and experience with sommpricks.

Bought from you once, PAID immediately with CC, notified seven to ten days later that the wines were not available. Approximately two weeks later you issued a credit.

I'm not in the loan business!

Have a nice day!

Thank You

PS: Remove my EM address from your list, permanently.

Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2019 11:28am
Subject: Re: SommPicks February Offer: Geeky Rarities and Serious Back-Vintage Heat!

Hi XXX,

Thanks for reaching out. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention however we are concerned you may have confused us with a different retailer as we don't see any record of you ever placing an order with us. Perhaps you checked out using a different email address and for that reason we aren't able to locate it. - if that's the case could you kindly provide the order number so we can look into this for you?

Thanks again,

The SommPicks Team

Your SommPicks Order is Confirmed
Sent: Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 1:26 pm

Dear XXX,

Thank you for placing you order with SommPicks! Please find your order summary information below. A detailed summary of your order is also available at www.sommpicks.com.

Order #2538

Date 02/04/2015

6x 2004 M. Chapoutier Hermitage Blanc Vin de Paille - Dessert / 375ml / France - Rhone for $116.00 each

6x 2003 M. Chapoutier Hermitage Blanc Vin de Paille - Dessert / 375ml / France - Rhone for $118.00 each

Subtotal : $1,404.00 USD
Shipping : $0.00 USD
Total : $1,404.00 USD

Thank you,

SommPicks Team

NO INVENTORY, NO RESPONSE, NO PICKS, in this experience!

EXTREME CAUTION?
Donn Hein

Bdklein
GCC Member
GCC Member

#58 Post by Bdklein » February 10th, 2020, 2:42 am

SomnsPicks posted offers in WB CC??
Bruce Klein

Dennis Atick

#59 Post by Dennis Atick » February 10th, 2020, 3:10 am

I have no idea what is going on here, but SOMMPICKS is a great to work with in my experience.
@decaturwinedude

Philip G
GCC Member
GCC Member

#60 Post by Philip G » February 23rd, 2020, 2:18 pm

Jonathan Sirot NON-SENDER, NON-REFUNDER

Paid Jonathan January 5th for some Realm Bard which he promised to ship within two weeks. Numerous promised and missed shipping opportunities with favorable weather, always with many excuses from Jonathan about his busy schedule.

After very long phone call on 2/17 Jonathon promised to refund my money that day. This did not happen. After 48 hours I contacted PayPal.

Currently working through PayPal Goods and Services for a refund. Luckily I paid the extra fees for Goods and Services rather than Friends and Family.

Jonathan has not replied to numerous WB PMs since 1/30 even though he has been active on WB between then and now.
Chip G@@d

ykwon
GCC Member
GCC Member

#61 Post by ykwon » February 27th, 2020, 4:07 am

Philip G wrote:
February 23rd, 2020, 2:18 pm

Paid Jonathan January 5th for some Realm Bard which he promised to ship within two weeks. Numerous promised and missed shipping opportunities with favorable weather, always with many excuses from Jonathan about his busy schedule.

After very long phone call on 2/17 Jonathon promised to refund my money that day. This did not happen. After 48 hours I contacted PayPal.

Currently working through PayPal Goods and Services for a refund. Luckily I paid the extra fees for Goods and Services rather than Friends and Family.

Jonathan has not replied to numerous WB PMs since 1/30 even though he has been active on WB between then and now.
Phillip -

I have the same issue with Jonathan Sirot. I bought a three pack of Ultramarine in September 2019 with a promised ship date shortly after receipt. All I've received is a laundry list of excuses similar to what you have listed. He was supposed to finally ship them after his trip from the Bahamas on February 8th. I reached out a couple weeks later to give him a little time but no response from him again.

I've done business with him one other time and didn't have any issues so unfortunately sent him my payment via paypal FF. I honestly have no idea what's going on with him and this is a very disturbing trend from a long time WB member. I hope others aren't in this situation.
y 0 n 9
k w 0 n

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member

#62 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » February 27th, 2020, 5:03 am

I’ve done business w him once and things were fine but I use Amex for every cc transaction as they’ll always refund you no matter what, even if it’s through PPFF

etomasi

#63 Post by etomasi » March 1st, 2020, 11:31 am

J0nS@lin@s wrote:
June 21st, 2019, 11:18 pm
Add SommPicks to list of low-quality sources, where bad wine gets sent to be stuffed to those seeking QPR... buyer beware!! AVOID SOMMPICKS!!!

3/3 bottles were flawed. Explained now statistically low probability that was and they’re answer was it’s the buyers problem.

Highly recommend that no one buys aged wine at SommPicks. They don’t offer refund policies in line with tier 1 shops. Quality is weak as hell.
No idea what this is about, but I have ordered from Sommpicks.com a bunch of times. I havent had any issues. When you buy older wines its a gamble.
---
Eric Tomasi
CT: Ericindc

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#64 Post by c fu » March 3rd, 2020, 4:20 pm

Anyone currently missing bottles from Matthew Beckman from New york?
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/clayfu.wine

mbzima

#65 Post by mbzima » March 4th, 2020, 1:52 pm

D. HEIN wrote:
February 7th, 2020, 9:13 pm
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2019 10:58am

Subject: SommPicks February Offer: Geeky Rarities and Serious Back-Vintage Heat!

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 10:17 AM wrote:

You are ridiculous, unprofessional and naive in your requirement of the "SIGN IN" to view wines available! It simply destroys my desire to "shop" your offering. Additionally, I wonder why all the security/secrecy prevails.

It's YOUR business, of course, just my perspective and experience with sommpricks.

Bought from you once, PAID immediately with CC, notified seven to ten days later that the wines were not available. Approximately two weeks later you issued a credit.

I'm not in the loan business!

Have a nice day!

Thank You

PS: Remove my EM address from your list, permanently.

Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2019 11:28am
Subject: Re: SommPicks February Offer: Geeky Rarities and Serious Back-Vintage Heat!

Hi XXX,

Thanks for reaching out. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention however we are concerned you may have confused us with a different retailer as we don't see any record of you ever placing an order with us. Perhaps you checked out using a different email address and for that reason we aren't able to locate it. - if that's the case could you kindly provide the order number so we can look into this for you?

Thanks again,

The SommPicks Team

Your SommPicks Order is Confirmed
Sent: Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 1:26 pm

Dear XXX,

Thank you for placing you order with SommPicks! Please find your order summary information below. A detailed summary of your order is also available at www.sommpicks.com.

Order #2538

Date 02/04/2015

6x 2004 M. Chapoutier Hermitage Blanc Vin de Paille - Dessert / 375ml / France - Rhone for $116.00 each

6x 2003 M. Chapoutier Hermitage Blanc Vin de Paille - Dessert / 375ml / France - Rhone for $118.00 each

Subtotal : $1,404.00 USD
Shipping : $0.00 USD
Total : $1,404.00 USD

Thank you,

SommPicks Team

NO INVENTORY, NO RESPONSE, NO PICKS, in this experience!

EXTREME CAUTION?
I understand you are not a fan of the sign in requirement, but we refunded this order the day after it was placed on our website.
Screenshot 2020-03-04 13.45.48.png
Mike
ITB - SommPicks

Jonathan Sirot

#66 Post by Jonathan Sirot » March 7th, 2020, 12:45 am

Philip G wrote:

UPDATE TO THIS NONSENSE WITH REPEATED REQUESTS TO SHIP WINE THAT WOULD BE FROZEN. I DID REFUND PHIL VIA PAYPAL AND WILL PROVIDE PROOF TO ANY OF MY FRIENDS WHO WISH > TO SEE IT> I DONT PATICIPATE MUCH ON THIS BOARD AMY MORE FOR A MULTITUDE OF REASONS. ANY OF MY MANY FRIENDS I HAVE MET ON THE BOARD KNOW HOW TO CONTACT ME> THANKS

ykwon
GCC Member
GCC Member

#67 Post by ykwon » March 7th, 2020, 5:44 am

Jonathan Sirot wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 12:45 am
Philip G wrote:

UPDATE TO THIS NONSENSE WITH REPEATED REQUESTS TO SHIP WINE THAT WOULD BE FROZEN. I DID REFUND PHIL VIA PAYPAL AND WILL PROVIDE PROOF TO ANY OF MY FRIENDS WHO WISH > TO SEE IT> I DONT PATICIPATE MUCH ON THIS BOARD AMY MORE FOR A MULTITUDE OF REASONS. ANY OF MY MANY FRIENDS I HAVE MET ON THE BOARD KNOW HOW TO CONTACT ME> THANKS
Jonathan -

Please refund me for the undelivered wines via PayPal. I cannot wait any longer.
y 0 n 9
k w 0 n

Philip G
GCC Member
GCC Member

#68 Post by Philip G » March 7th, 2020, 6:51 am

Jonathan Sirot update:

After filing a refund request with PayPal my money was returned.

He also sent this bat-bleep crazy PM after my money was refunded, apparently he didn't know PayPal had already returned my money:

"PHIIT IS THE MIDDLE OF WINTER FOR CRISSAKES ! I UNEXPECTEDLY ... WAS OFFERED A FREE !!!! VACATION BHY MY WHACKO !!! type AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AGRESSIVE psycho sister A FREEE FRICKING ROOM IN A 3 BEDROOM 3 bath townhome in the GODDDAMMMMMM BAHAMAS IN Freeporrrrrrrrt B A H A M A S !!!!!!! IDIOT !!!!!!!!!!!! go CRAM IT CLOWN !!!!!!!!! AS WE USED TO SAY IN COLLLLLLLLEGGGGEE !!!??LUJHKJNHJGJYGUJYFKFKJHYFKKFKJYFKYFKUYFRUYFJHGFGFKHYFKFY DOUCHE !!!!! I HAVE OVER HAVER 240 successful transactions on CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC CORNER !!!!!!!!!! I HAVE NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER [ do I make myself clear ??????&&&&%%%###### ???? EVENH THOUGH IT IS 20 that's ( BELOW FREEZIUNG !!!!!!}}} FRIGGIN DEGGGREEES IN NORTHAMPTOIN MASSSSS !!!! RIGHT NEXT TO THE GODDDDAMN RECREATIIONAL MARIJUANA !!!! DISPENSARY !!!!! AT THE FRICKIN QUALITY INN ON WHO KNOWS WHat street ??? why don't you smoke some and chill out ????? or dOzen shots of paron silver ????? I did exactly one SHOT LAST NIGHT AT rovers bar in middlefield CT ) XXXXX MY New phone for one of the THREE BUSINESES I OWN !!!!! is XXX-XXX-XXXX it is a Samsung s10 with A REALLY NICE 16 mp CAMNERA !!! I am a pro photographer !!! I am just ramPINHG UP AFTER DABBLING FOR ONLY YEARS SINCE I WAS 9 WITH A KODAK POCKET CAMERA !!! don't call me I will Scream loud !!!!! your wine will DEVELOP ice cRYSTALS AT AROUND 18 DEGREES AND FREEZE AT 15 DEGREES !!! r u a rookie ???? obviously !!! call dennis and windy WHOI HAVE ATTENDED MY ct group every other month for the last 3 years ????? no no no DONT dennis used to be violent !!! give me your pAYPAL ADDRESSS AND I WILL FEFUND YOUR MONEY IN A FEW WEEKS WHEN I RETURN from savannah ga WHERE MY SON XXXX IS GETTING STRAIGHT a s ... LEAVE ME ALONE !!! jonathan sirot IF YOU CALL ME I WILL SICK MY AYTORNEY FRIEND ON YOU !!! bbbye !!!! jns 3 PS have visited ARUBA Bahamas AND NOW m
MASS AND TOMORROW savannah Ga and I broke up with my 7 year girlfriend big deal... married 17 years yet 7 years with gf....loser you will get your efund when I get time !!!!! YOU AND THE OTHER PRICK who hounded me got his money weeks ago !!!! but never reported the fact !!!! get a life !!!!!"

It's good to know he's got a "REALLY NICE 16 mp CAMNERA" I guess. But this is pretty much what PMs and phone conversations are like with Jonathan while trying to resolve him not shipping what and when he has promised. if this is what someone on WB wants to deal with then by all means have a go.

In summary, Jonathan promised several times to ship the wine when weather was good across the country but did not. He agreed to refund my money on 2/17 by PayPal, and promised it on that day, which he did not do. I waited 48 hours then filed a refund request on 2/19 with PayPal and was refunded on 3/3.

I have requested Jonathan stop PM-ing me.
Chip G@@d

Sh@n A
GCC Member
GCC Member

#69 Post by Sh@n A » March 18th, 2020, 7:49 pm

It has been many months and multiple unresponded emails, but I too am owed by Jonathan.
/ @ g r @ \

ykwon
GCC Member
GCC Member

#70 Post by ykwon » March 18th, 2020, 8:05 pm

Really sorry to hear. Apparently he had time to post on here and doesn’t like to respond to pm’s or make people whole by refunding their money.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=168083&p=2931680#p2931680
y 0 n 9
k w 0 n

Philip G
GCC Member
GCC Member

#71 Post by Philip G » March 23rd, 2020, 10:21 am

ykwon wrote:
March 18th, 2020, 8:05 pm
Really sorry to hear. Apparently he had time to post on here and doesn’t like to respond to pm’s or make people whole by refunding their money.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=168083&p=2931680#p2931680
I was lucky to get my Jonathan Sirot refund through PayPal resolution because I paid the extra Goods and Services fees. Looks like there are at least three of you who have problems with him. You may want to consider contacting the Middlefield CT police department or even the FBI for possible fraud.
Chip G@@d

John Ammons

#72 Post by John Ammons » March 24th, 2020, 2:13 pm

Philip - that PM is mind boggling. Yikes. And it's particularly disturbing in the context of numerous others also being stiffed.

ClarkstonMark
GCC Member
GCC Member

#73 Post by ClarkstonMark » March 24th, 2020, 3:27 pm

John Ammons wrote:
March 24th, 2020, 2:13 pm
Philip - that PM is mind boggling. Yikes. And it's particularly disturbing in the context of numerous others also being stiffed.
When someone says they will pay you, then doesn't pay, it is almost always a cashflow issue.
Jonathan should just own up to that and say he needs more time to get his cashflow issue in order.
Mark Cronmiller
White Lake, MI

ykwon
GCC Member
GCC Member

#74 Post by ykwon » March 24th, 2020, 6:29 pm

ClarkstonMark wrote:
March 24th, 2020, 3:27 pm
John Ammons wrote:
When someone says they will pay you, then doesn't pay, it is almost always a cashflow issue.
Jonathan should just own up to that and say he needs more time to get his cashflow issue in order.
Or he could just go ahead and ship the wines that were sold. That shouldn’t cost him anything unless he sold the said wines to multiple people. Regardless, what he is doing is criminal.
y 0 n 9
k w 0 n

John Ammons

#75 Post by John Ammons » March 24th, 2020, 7:50 pm

ClarkstonMark wrote:
John Ammons wrote:
Taking in money for wine one has, and then refusing to release said wine, is a cash flow issue? That's pretty questionable.

Going full bore psycho on a PM, however, goes well beyond any notion of cash flow.

ClarkstonMark
GCC Member
GCC Member

#76 Post by ClarkstonMark » March 25th, 2020, 11:52 am

John Ammons wrote:
March 24th, 2020, 7:50 pm
ClarkstonMark wrote:
John Ammons wrote:
Taking in money for wine one has, and then refusing to release said wine, is a cash flow issue? That's pretty questionable.

Going full bore psycho on a PM, however, goes well beyond any notion of cash flow.
He said he was out of the country. Understandable he couldn't ship.
He said he would refund over Paypal, but did not. This is what I am talking about. IF you say you will send money but do not, it usually means you don't have the money. Sending money with Paypal takes 30 seconds - you can do that anywhere in the world with your phone.
Mark Cronmiller
White Lake, MI

MikeL238

#77 Post by MikeL238 » April 16th, 2020, 11:16 am

Beware of Lauren Hodges of Colorado.

Lauren reached out to me recently via e-mail in response to my ISO post on Commerce Corner. Sent me photos of the bottles I was interested in and my payment was sent to her on Monday April 6th via paypal f&f (mistake on my end). She promised that the wines would be shipped out on Wednesday April 8th. No update on that day, no response to my e-mails until Friday April 10th. She promised then that the wines will definitely go out the next day and cited family emergency as a reason for delay. Since then, she has gone dark. Number of e-mails sent, but no response at all. Planning on submitting a chargeback request. Very disappointing to say the least and I would advise everyone to stay away from her.

username: laurenjh (Lauren Hodges)
email address: ljhodges64@yahoo.com
Mike Leigh

robmundell
GCC Member
GCC Member

#78 Post by robmundell » April 30th, 2020, 5:05 am

Jonathan Sirot is not responding anymore and owes me Next Of Kyn bottles. Transaction was before I read the negative reviews on here about him.

ykwon
GCC Member
GCC Member

#79 Post by ykwon » April 30th, 2020, 5:14 am

robmundell wrote:
April 30th, 2020, 5:05 am
Jonathan Sirot is not responding anymore and owes me Next Of Kyn bottles. Transaction was before I read the negative reviews on here about him.
Rob - really sorry to hear you got scammed as well. If this happened well after issues surfacing then I’m not sure why his account is still even allowed to be active after several complaints coming to light about his theft from several members.
y 0 n 9
k w 0 n

Dan Hammer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#80 Post by Dan Hammer » May 4th, 2020, 4:31 pm

robmundell wrote:
What a shame to read about this... again.
This space for rent.

Philip G
GCC Member
GCC Member

#81 Post by Philip G » May 6th, 2020, 1:36 pm

robmundell wrote:
That sucks, so sorry to hear it. You should seriously consider contacting the Middletown CT police department or the FBI. I have phone numbers I can provide you by PM if you need them.
Chip G@@d

R@y.Tupp@+sch

#82 Post by R@y.Tupp@+sch » May 6th, 2020, 2:01 pm

Philip G wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 1:36 pm
robmundell wrote:
That sucks, so sorry to hear it. You should seriously consider contacting the Middletown CT police department or the FBI. I have phone numbers I can provide you by PM if you need them.
Probably not a good idea unless one of them has a liquor license. And in CT, I think that would still be an issue.
Killer, Staggering, Excellent, Very Good, Good, Fair, Poor ®

Return to “Commerce Corner - Wine Classifieds”