FREE SQN Grenache (yes I'm serious)

I bet that caught your attention. Everyone who’s hyperventilating, take a moment, breathe… I’ll wait…

Yes I’m serious.

I’m offering, free of charge and I’ll even pay for shipping, 2 of the 2005 Sine Qua Non “The Naked Truth” Grenache (my entire allocation).

What’s the catch? This is in trade for finding me a job. Great jobs always come at the personal recommendation of someone, never from sending out tons of resumes, web sites or cold calling. While our networks overlap some, it is safe to say that everyone here has a network that is well beyond my own as well.

I’ll also fly you and a spouse out here at my expense, or if local just invite you over, for Flannery steaks and you can pick any bottles out of my cellar for us to drink if you are the one who helps me land that next opportunity.

Consulting of at least 200 hours counts, as does a full-time W-2 type position.

How’s that for creative marketing :slight_smile:

Two biographies and some of my thinking on why I’m moving away from consulting over the next 12 months are below. A full resume is available upon request. I also write a very good cover letter which is tailored to each company and position.

Thank you.

I just wanted to ask for your help, keeping your eyes and ears open, in my new job search.

I’ve been doing consulting since 2003, and while quite lucrative, it isn’t fulfilling all my professional needs. Specifically I like being part of teams, and consultants are hired guns, always outsiders. In addition, I’m an 80 hour per week type guy, and consulting doesn’t provide those types of hours. Yes I may be crazy, to be asking for more hours and most likely a slightly smaller salary, but over time I’ve come to this conclusion.

I am still willing to consult, I tend to find the next company to join through an initial consulting relationship, but my long term plans, 12 months out, are to find a team to join.

Travelling is fine, I love to travel. I’ll even relocate for the right position.

So if you wouldn’t mind, could you keep your eyes and ears open? Anything from executive management to program management. It doesn’t necessarily need to be in science or nuclear. I’ve worked on Navy gun systems and for water purification companies. R&D to hands on production and QA. I have demonstrated strong leadership and organizational skills and take on all roles from strategic to tactical planning, business development and finance, to day to day operations.

Thanks.

Dr. Jeffrey Pfohl
Biography

Dr. Pfohl’s formal science education began when he was one of 24 undergraduates in the United States selected for the 1991 American Chemical Society’s Summer School in Nuclear Chemistry fellowship. After receiving his B.S. in Chemistry (American Chemical Society Certified) and Chemical Physics at Centre College he attended Florida State University where he earned his Ph.D. in experimental nuclear physics. Among other accomplishments, Dr. Pfohl distinguished himself by attaining the highest score in the past two decades on the written Ph.D. physics comprehensive exam

After graduation Dr. Pfohl was recruited by the President of Sandia National Laboratories to apply his nuclear skills and knowledge in The Center for National Security and Arms Control. Dr. Pfohl developed and deployed nuclear sensors, monitored nuclear weapons, studied weapons of mass destruction, assisted in satellite tasking, assessed technology developments in the U.S. and abroad, and worked on anti-terrorism issues. Dr. Pfohl was recruited and trained as a member of two of the government’s elite emergency response teams where he applied his nuclear background and organizational skills to difficult, high consequence, short time scale problems. Dr. Pfohl was also an active member of several national level working groups tasked with evaluating and solving problems determined to be direct threats to the national security of the United States.

Dr. Pfohl joined CRT Holdings Inc., a small start-up working in power generation and clean fossil fuels in September 2001. He was appointed Vice President of Research and Development and was responsible for developing and implementing the research and development plan and supervising a team of individuals with backgrounds ranging from GED to Ph.D. He successfully partnered with the Vice President of Business Development in 2001 to raise $5MM in venture capital financing.

In 2004, Dr. Pfohl joined a small defense company as program manager for Advanced Gun Barrel Technologies for significant Navy and Army programs. During his tenure, Dr. Pfohl doubled the revenues in his program areas and was responsible for 40% of the company’s gross revenues.

Dr. Pfohl is the founder and President of the Global Platinum Group, LLC which specializes in business formations and fundings. Dr. Pfohl’s organizational skills and understanding of the demands of a startup and established small companies, based on real life experience, allows him to provide practical advice and expertise in the areas of technology feasibility and commercialization, operations, business plan development and venture capital financing. Through these interactions Dr. Pfohl is often asked to join the executive management teams in the early stages of company development. Dr. Pfohl has held the positions of Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Pulsed Kinetic Technologies, Inc., Chief Operating Officer (COO) of BWS Diagnostics, LLC, Chief Scientist for both American Environmental, Inc., and for Green Energy Group, Inc., Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of Miami Filter, Inc. and currently sits on the Board of Directors for PKT, Inc.

Dr. Jeffrey Pfohl
Biography for Financial Positions

Dr. Pfohl’s multifaceted experience, based on strong research, quantitative and qualitative analysis, teaching, and problem solving, qualifies him to help clients in a wide variety of ways. His integrity, evidenced by attaining high level government security clearances, is beyond reproach, giving clients the peace of mind they expect from a financial advisor. Dr. Pfohl’s outstanding technical skills, combined with great organizational, communication and teaching abilities, allows Dr. Pfohl to develop and maintain strong client relationships based on trust and integrity. Dr. Pfohl is currently studying for the CFA Program Qualifying Exam (Level I) while working to attain his securities licenses.

Dr. Pfohl’s science education began when he was one of 24 undergraduates in the United States selected for the 1991 American Chemical Society’s Summer School in Nuclear Chemistry fellowship. His education continued at Florida State University’s Tandem-LINAC facility where he earned his Ph.D. in experimental nuclear physics. Among other accomplishments, Dr. Pfohl distinguished himself by attaining the highest score in the past two decades on the written Ph.D. physics comprehensive exam.

After graduation Dr. Pfohl was recruited by the President of Sandia National Laboratories to apply his nuclear skills and knowledge in The Center for National Security and Arms Control. Dr. Pfohl developed and deployed nuclear sensors, monitored nuclear weapons, studied weapons of mass destruction, assisted in satellite tasking, assessed technology developments in the U.S. and abroad, and worked on anti-terrorism issues during his employment with Sandia National Laboratories.

Due to his specific nuclear skills and his knowledge of the aforementioned areas, Dr. Pfohl was recruited and trained as a member of two of the government’s elite emergency response groups where he applied his nuclear background and organizational skills to difficult, high consequence, short time scale problems. Dr. Pfohl was also an active member of several national level working groups tasked with evaluating and solving problems determined to be direct threats to the national security of the United States.

Dr. Pfohl joined CRT Holdings Inc., a small start-up working in power generation and clean fossil fuels in September 2001. He was appointed Vice President of Research and Development and was responsible for developing and implementing the research and development plan and supervising a team of individuals with backgrounds ranging from GED to Ph.D. He successfully partnered with the Vice President of Business Development in 2001 to raise $5M in venture capital financing.

In 2002, Dr. Pfohl co-founded a small start-up company involved with developing nuclear sensors for Homeland Security. His responsibilities included writing the technical sections of the business plan and reviewing the business model, financial projections and market potential of the technology. He was also a technical and strategic advisor to the Board of Directors and CEO.

bump

Interesting idea - good luck! Wish I could help!