Bistro LQ

Hey Berserkers –

Just wanted to let you all know about a new restaurant I’m involved in. Bistro LQ is the newly opened restaurant of wunderkind chef Laurent Quenioux. I was asked by LQ to create a wine list that was exciting, adventurous and affordable. I think we have achieved this. The selection encompasses a wide array and some of my favorite value driven domains. You will see labels like Pinon, Marechal, Grands Bois, JP Brun and R. Usseglio. From Italy: Ippolito, Montesecondo, Martilde and Bera. Domestics include: Scholium Project, ESJ, J Swan, K Lawrence. Soon '95 Musar Rouge will grace our list. I’m also featuring new and exciting wineries like Dave Corey’s Kuyam & C3 labels and bb favs the Cabots (Humbolt Cuvee). About 50% of the list is priced at$40 and less, 70% is $50 and less. Our license activated last Thursday as a temporary, thus we have an abbreviated list available until we can afford to bring in the remainder of our list. The abbreviated list is a result of our obligation to pay cod on all purchased wines. Cash flow is limited, thus, the limited list. We should have more wines delivered next week. The wine list on the website is divided into categories conceived by LQ. The list in the restaurant is organized by wine type, with four flights titled in the manner of the website themes. Ultimately, we will have about 60 labels, with about 20 selections available by the glass. Corkage will be $10 per bottle. Yes you read correctly. While many of neighboring restaurants charge $20 and up with limits, we are supporting our commitment to generosity as well as wine collectors. Our current policy will be a nominal $10 charge per bottle. Bring in your collectables and enjoy. We hope you will visit the wine list and take advantage. We have Riedel stems (red & champagne). I will be on the floor Friday & Saturday nights. I look forward to seeing the Berserker community.

Bistro LQ
8009 Beverly Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90048
(323) 951-1088
http://www.bistrolq.com/

Can’t wait to check it out! You ahve Bera, and so many great Dressner selections flirtysmile

Just an FYI-We are now serving the complete wine list. License is no longer temporary. Just over 50 labels with 19 by the glass. 6 craft brews available.

Nice review a couple of days ago in the LA Times. Looks like a good place for a Winos or a Lewin dinner.

glad he is back in a restaurant. Taking my staff there in a few weeks. I’ll shoot you an email.

J

Nice mention from Jonathan Gold in the new 99 Essentials released today.
http://www.laweekly.com/2009-08-27/eat-drink/between-a-tweet-and-a-truck/2

Our summer menu changes on 9/15. The Fall menu has John Dory-oil poached, North Sea Cod, Cote de Boeuf, Pigeon, Scottish Hare, Partridge and Wild Boar.

Gregg, checked out the menu, winelist and info on the Chef. Looks incredible. Great job!

Looking forward to seeing you there as soon as things slow down in my world…

Definitely a place to try in the very near future!

Cheers!
Marshall