P2 Pinot Noir at Wades Wines

Due to a family emergency, Mike Padrick of P2 wines has closed down and is moving back home to cars for his ailing father. His choice to postpone his dream of winemaking to care for his father shows where his priorities lie and I send all my best to both him and his father during this time.
Due to this tragic turn of events, his inventory of 2007 PN’s is being liquidated by Wades Wines. Hope to see him back in the business someday soon as he is a nice guy and was well on his way in the business. Dana and I were able to meet and taste with him at LWC during a holiday open house, and these wines quite nice.

50% off P2 Pinots!

We need to liquidate these high scoring 2007 Pinots, made by expert Pinot Maker Brian Loring immediately!

Mike Padrick, Owner of P2 Wines has been forced to close suddenly, in order to support his family, due to his father’s deteriorating health from Parkinson’s disease.

2007 P2 Brosseau Vineyard Chalone Pinot Noir
$44… Sale $19.99
93 points Pinot Report: Medium-deep ruby color; deep, spicy, anise aromas with some dark cherry notes; dense, rich berry and dark cherry flavors with anise and earthy notes; moderate tannin and oak; good structure and balance; long finish. Rich, ripe Pinot with intense flavor-pair with a grilled steak. Production: 124 cases
2007 P2 Momtazi Vineyard Willamette Valley Pinot Noir
$44… Sale $19.99
92 points Pinot Report: Medium ruby color; earthy, berry aromas, slightly closed; ripe, rich, spicy berry and earthy flavors; nice depth; sweet oak; good structure and balance; long finish. Big, earthy style; nice berry flavors and great structure will allow this Pinot to age gracefully. Production: 99 cases
2007 P2 Cargasacchi Jalama Vyd Santa Barbara Pinot Noir
$44… Sale $24.99
94 points Pinot Report: Medium deep ruby color; spicy, plum and pepper aromas; rich, ripe, full black cherry and plum fruit; spicy, juicy notes; silky texture; good structure and balance; long finish. Deep, complex and delicious, this Pinot has a great core of fruit and a silkiness that I just love. Production: 124 cases
Offer Ends 5/31/2009

Please do not respond to this email, send your requests to sales@wadeswines.com or give us a call!

Wades Wines 805-522-4445

i got this e-mail last month but have never purchased, or tried, any P2 wines. any good?

Based on the price, I took a flier on all three. I’ll post notes once I’ve gotten to try them

His wines are good. They are in a very full throttle big style so if that isn’t your thing be forewarned. Of those listed I remember liking the Momtazi and the Jalama best when I had them last year.

thx Cris for the heads up.

They’re a steal at those prices if you like pinots with big, bright fruit. I bumped into Mike at the Pinnacles wine festival a couple weeks ago, I think he was leaving California the next day. Kudos to him for putting his family first.

-Al

I just got 4 bottles of the Cargasacchi. Will get them on Friday and post some notes over the weekend.