A Big List Of Stuff- UPDATED WITH PRICES

I’ve never sold a bottle of wine from my personal cellar before . . . but I just bought a new house and I would like to furnish it, finish the basement, wine cellar, etc. So here is a list of some cool stuff. All of this stuff is in a climate controlled cellar in Chicago. Make me a reasonable offer as I am not posting prices.

2004 Sine Qua Non Pinot Noir, Covert Fingers- 2 bottles- $229
2002 Sine Qua Non Grenache, More Than a Number - 2 bottles- $750
1998 Sine Qua Non Red Wine, E Raised- 4 bottles- $465
2001 Sine Qua Non Red Wine, Ventriloquist - 1 bottle- $235
2003 Sine Qua Non Syrah, Papa - 2 (2 Sale Pending) bottles- $239
1997 Sine Qua Non Red Wine, Imposter McCoy- 3 bottles- $329
2004 Sine Qua Non Grenache, Into The Dark - 1 bottle- $289
2000 Termanthia Numanthia-Termes- 2 bottles- $94
2003 El Nido Bodegas El Nido- 12 bottles- $94
2004 Kistler Vineyards Pinot Noir, Occidental Station Vineyard, Cuvée Catherine- 1 bottle- $159
2004 Kistler Vineyards Pinot Noir, Bodega Headlands Vineyard, Cuvée Elizabeth- 2 bottles- $189
2002 Alban Winery Syrah, Reva - 1 bottle- $89
2002 Alban Winery Syrah, Lorraine - 2 bottles- $89
2001 Switchback Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon Peterson Family Vineyard- 1 bottle- $149 Sale Pending
2004 Switchback Ridge Petite Sirah, Peterson Family Vineyard - 1 bottle- $99
2001 Pride Mountain Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon, Reserve - 1 bottle- $225
1996 Pride Mountain Vineyards Claret, Reserve - 1 bottle- $169
1996 Abreu Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon, Madrona Ranch - 1 bottle- $225
1996 Peter Michael Winery Red Wine, Les Pavots - 2 bottles- $225
2001 Lewis Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon, Reserve - 2 bottles- $79
2003 Robert Foley Vineyards Petite Sirah - 2 bottles- $55
2004 Kistler Vineyards Chardonnay, Cuvée Cathleen - 1 bottle- $129
2003 Robert Foley Vineyards Claret - 2 bottles- $104
2004 Kistler Vineyards Chardonnay, Kistler Vineyard - 2 bottles- $89
2002 Switchback Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon, Peterson Family Vineyard - 1 bottle- $119 Sale Pending
2002 Robert Foley Vineyards Claret - 1 bottle- $119

Thanks
John

PM sent…

oh crap, does that mean I just asked you out??
[tease.gif]

pm sent

Man, if only I could get my money tree to start growing…some nice stuff there John. I would love to add some Switchback cab and those Pride reserves to my cellar but I doubt I could provide a offer that wouldn’t be insulting!

I am really looking for offers that are at or around best price on Wine Searcher. Make me an offer.

thanks anyways [cheers.gif]

Might I suggest http://www.winecommune.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hope you get those types of prices, but as you may know or suspect, some of those prices are ridiculously high and the bottles don’t ever sell at those prices. Retailers, sometimes, put in quite high prices so they will remain on Wine Searcher results for a long time and hopefully bring people to their sites to buy other wines. And if they sell “that bottle” at “that price” they are estatic and take their Hawaii trip.

An auction would set the “current market” sale price. A price someone ACTUALLY paid to get that bottle, not just the price someone is asking but has no takers for.

Hammer minus commission if you want to look at Acker, TCWC, type auctions will also give you a starting point for pricing. Some higher, some lower, but prices actually paid.

I haven’t done any research and would have to look up what I paid. And I only referenced Wine Searcher because I have used it before as a tool- don’t ever use Wine Commune. Whatever, fair market value is what I looking for. If you send an offer then I will research to see if it is indeed fair. But as I mentioned I have never done this before so you guys may think this is all wrong.

John, I didn’t mean to imply you were “doing it wrong” but rather sharing some experiences I’ve had, sharing what some people told me when I first tried such an offering, and am passing along that knowledge. FWIW. YMMV.

John, not that I’ll be buying any of your wine but I think it’s typical to ask for 10% below the lowest WS price. This way you save on not paying a commission and the buyer gets a break on the price. It’s a win win for both parties and you also are also comfortable knowing you won’t get screwed by the buyer.

Well i can’t bitch about it on the other board, so…

Why do the buyers have to do the leg work for someone who lists 50+ things for sale. I’d be happy to buy a lot of the bottles listed. However, i don’t want to waste my time looking up 20 different things, making offers on the 20, and getting rejected. Price them fairly and they will sell. Simple as that.

agreed

I would have to agree with that statement. I made an offer for some of John’s wines…I figured my price to be somewhere between release price and WS price. I am also able to pick it up in Chicago, so I figure it makes his life easier. I have not heard anything back yet

If I buy at the lowest WS price, most places will take back a corked bottle, will you?

Are you guaranteeing the shipping and providing insurance on the shipping?

All that said, its still far easier to see what you want and then decide, but if your way works for you, more poweer to you.

Wow. Tough crowd.

No kidding.

Way to encourage CC use, guys…

Although, I do agree that it is a PITA to have to guess at prices (because frankly, I personally don’t keep up with that kind of crapola), but still…

No shit

C’mon Todd. Isn’t easier to for the seller to figure out what he wants for the wine than to ask others to figure out the fair price and make an offer? With a posted price, it is easy to know if you have a deal, versus making an offer and starting a negotiation. Without an asking price, CC listings aren’t worth the effort. The way to encourage CC use is to do exactly what Jordan said.

Of course, but how hard is it to send a PM to the seller instead? Now he’s got a thread full of filler that may prevent people from buying his stuff. That’s why Mao took off any commentary from CC over there - I’d hate to have to do the same.

Let’s let people sell what they want to sell how they want to sell it, okay?