LTB: 1982 Bordeaux / Napa in PDX

My parents are celebrating their 40th anniversary in a few weeks, so we’re getting together in Portland as a family to celebrate. Hoping to secure either BDX or Napa (or potentially both depending on total cost) from a seller in PDX b/c of shipping temps around the country.

Looking to spend > $600-$700 total, so not looking for first growth BDX in a benchmark vintage.

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried talking with Liner & Elsen wine shop? I haven’t looked in there for a while, but they often have older gems in their temp-controlled storage room.

1 Like

Good suggestion, thank you.

You can try searching by vintage at Spectrum Wines Auctions. Auctions roll-down, current auction (1st choice), then click ‘view lot’ in the Current Auctions box. On the left column you’ll the vintage input way down.
Also Winebid.com, just type 1982 in the search box. I saw some 82 Beychevelle there for $220, and a Penfold Grange for $450.
Keep in mind too that they both charge about 20% buyer’s premium for their auction sales.
Happy anniversary and congratulations to your parents!

1 Like

Wineconsigners is a great retailer for old Bordeaux. Based in LA. They ship in styrofoam and offer GLS (don’t use Fedex if you can avoid it!).