FS: 2017 & 2018 Arnoux-Lachaux

I love these wines, but considering the current market for these wanted to test the waters. Would prefer a local transaction (Boston) and someone interested in the entire lot.

4x 2017 Arnoux-Lachaux Nuits St. Georges
3x 2017 Arnoux-Lachaux Vosne-Romanée Les Hautes-Maizières
2x 2018 Arnoux-Lachaux Bourgogne Pinot Fin
2x 2018 Arnoux-Lachaux Vosne-Romanée
3x 2018 Arnoux-Lachaux Vosne-Romanée Les Hautes-Maizières

How much?

Thanks for inquiring Craig. I’d prefer to let the market speak for this one - I’m open to offers.

Jason,

You can do what you want, but history here in CC says people are put off if you don’t list what YOU would sell for. Just my $0.02

Agreed.

If you want to see what the market will bear, send to auction.

This is the rare situation where I think the “market will bear” approach makes sense. These wines are unavailable in the market. Jason is providing “liquidity.” No one really knows what the market price is. So it’s not like you can do 10% below W-S or something. He’d probably get more bites if he put a price on it, but the price for these right now seems to be mostly “whatever people will pay.”

1 Like

Thanks for the thoughtful discussion guys. To Ryan’s point, I don’t think the usual “[x]% below W-S low” works here. Too much volatility (and not enough liquidity). Happy to throw this to the wolves at auction eventually, but figured I’d reach out to the WB community first since getting a good deal isn’t the only possible value a seller can provide in a transaction for wines like this.

1 Like

I know how much I paid for mine so I am guessing yours were worth roughly the same at purchase, happy to take the lot for $3,500 thinking that you will double your money… I know this is not what you want to see but this will at least get the ball rolling for others to play as well.

$3,500.01

$3500.02 [soap.gif]

DOH!!!

LOL [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif]

LOL [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif]

Thanks Bertrand. I’m not sure that original cost is the right basis to consider here.

Jason, if you are “throwing it out there” then I am simply giving you my angle… it is clear that your maximum return will be sending the wines to auction.

By your logic, if I were solely seeking maximum return I would have sent them to auction already.

Maybe you could trade them for wines you like even more… just putting it out there.

I’m not sure it’s clear based on your OP what it is you are seeking here.

I think it’s an offer he can’t refuse. But the only people willing to pay that are at auction.

“State the price you are asking clearly” or send to auction if you think that will maximize your return.