2013 Next of Kyn (Sine Qua Non) $1500

I have the full box set of the 2013 Next of Kyn. This is the second label for the famous Sine Qua Non wines from Ojai California. The allocation has been in my off site cellar in Santa Barbara since delivery direct from the winery. I’m am not looking to split the allocation. The allocation is three 750ml bottles and one magnum. Asking $1,500.00, will consider any reasonable offer. Thanks!

Kevin

99 points Jeb Dunnuck
Outer quote mark The 2013 Cumulus Vineyard #7 is a killer wine that delivers the that rare mix of hedonistic and intellectual pleasure that’s almost impossible to find outside of this address. Notes of cassis, violet, iris, toasted spices and caramelized cherries all emerge from the glass. Full-bodied, unctuous and decadent, yet seamless and silky, with no weight, it has ultra-fine tannin and a finish that won’t quit. This is a tour de force in wine that deserve 3-4 years of bottle age and will keep for another decade or more. Inner quote mark (8/2017)

99 points Vinous
Outer quote mark The 2013 Next of Kyn - No. 7 Cumulus Vineyard is a real stunner. Rich, explosive and overwhelmingly beautiful, it takes hold of all the senses and never lets go. Even with all of its power and richness, the 2013 retains striking aromatic lift and energy. I would give it another few years to settle down, but it is superb today. This is an extraordinary wine by any measure. Don’t miss it. (AG) Inner quote mark (9/2017)

97 points Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate
Outer quote mark The 2013 Cumulus Vineyard #7 is blended of 45% Syrah, 29% Grenache, 15% Petite Sirah, 5% Mourvèdre, 4.5% Touriga Nacional and 1.5% Rossanne, using 58% whole clusters. It sports a deep garnet-purple color with a sexy spiced plums, black cherry coulis and blackberry tart-laced nose accented by hints of tea, dried Provence herbs, mocha, spice box and eucalypt. The bold, powerful, outspoken palate delivers concentrated black fruits and savory layers framed by firm yet fine-grained, velvety tannins and bags of freshness, finishing with lingering baking spice and mineral notions. Full and fresh with plenty of spices and wonderful length. Owned and operated by Manfred and Elaine Krankl, Next of Kyn is the entirely separate operation from Sine Qua Non, coming from their ‘home’ Cumulus Vineyard in Ventura. The Krankls commented that the composition of the 7th (2013) and 8th (2014) releases are coming much closer to the original vision for this vineyard and subsequently the wines. It is quite a singular experience to visit here–there really aren’t many other vineyards in the vicinity–the impressive results being a true testament to the vision and dedication of this dynamic duo. (LPB) 97+ Inner quote mark (9/2017)
IMG_9507_A.png