Miami/South Florida Wine Storage

Sometime in the next few months I will need to pull the remaining inventory from my distributor and put it into storage. I’m on a boat and the condo isn’t done for another 18ish months. My guess is 20-40 cases.

Any recos in the area? Thanks.

Todd,
I’ve looked for Miami storage for the past few years with no luck. Several places closed. Domaine was supposed to open up storage between Miami and Palm Beach, but as far as I know they never completed the project and they couldn’t have been less helpful when I reached out to them. Let me know if you have any luck!
Alex

Try Storage King f/n/a RoboVault.
Hurricane proof also.
Good location right off 595 and near Fort Lauderdale airport. You can store anything there.

1 Like

$2,000/mo. For area large enough for 40 cases? Is that the going rate? Seems expensive.

Matt-I’m guessing a 20ft by 21ft storage space will hold a lot more than 40 cases of wine.

Todd- looking at wine-searcher’s wine storage list there’s two that may work: Imperial Wine Storage and Store Self Storage.

1 Like

Indeed. I have a new 12x9 space that runs about $625/mo. So that price is within reason. I don’t know how much it holds yet, but I’m hoping 300-400 cases maybe?

Ask for Alex.

1 Like

Thanks everyone, much appreciated!!

Heading to Galeon in Key West tomorrow!!

I’d be slightly circumspect about that list seeing as they list big yellow, where millions of dollars of wine was recently incinerated.

I think that list hasn’t been updated in a while. Plus, I don’t think its meant in any way certifying the quality of wine storage facilities on that list, just listing places that offer wine storage as a service. At least that’s the way I see that list. It’s one one of those that can serve as a starting point for those searching for storage, but those interested reakly should probe and investigate further to ensure they’re storing in a good place. I just figured I’d note it, and Todd or others can investigate those facilities further if they are interested. I don’t store any wine in Florida, so can’t comment on the quality of any storage facility there.

Yeah - fair enough. Sorry. I’m touchy. Have a friend who lost a significant portion of an irreplaceable collection from a fire at a place on that list.

1 Like

No worries Alex. I think you’re right to caution others to be weary of places on the list. Your post served as a reminder that not everyone has the same mentality I do and some can see that list as a seal of approval for those facilities without doing further due diligence into the facility before storing wines there.

One of my former Rotary members built this facility. It is virtually indestructible. Anyway he donated a locker to a charity auction. I bid and won. I was surprised at the number of cases I could fit in it. I don’t remember the dimensions but it was small but tall. You can stack lots of cases as long as they are styrofoam free.
You should visit and see for yourself.
Happy New Year!

1 Like

The Robo Vault was also reco’d by the folks at Virginia Philips, so that’s a plus. Looks like I am honing in on it. Thanks.

I believe Domaine is opening up a South Fl location this year?

Speak of the devil. Just got an email.

It is with great joy that we announce the opening of Domaine Florida in Pompano Beach as the newest facility in our ever-expanding network! With 45,000 cases of capacity this facility boasts the most robust environmental and security controls of any wine storage facility in the state and connects Florida wine lovers with those throughout North and South America.

1 Like

Brickell Xtra Storage is very good, I’ve been with them for years with no issues.

I keep mine at Imperial in West Palm (Mangonia Park really) if you want to be a little farther north.