LTB High West Midwinters Night Dram

Located in the NYC area.

Was this released recently? I might need to go hunting…

coming very soon

1 Like

Found one of the latest release locally for $150 at retail. Thoughts on that pricing ?

A bargain! I have seen them for $200-$500 around me. Sadly won’t be buying any at those prices.:pensive:

Wow. This was $70-$80 around me just a couple of years ago.

1 Like

A little above retail but I’d pay that for it.

Double wow for me. I bought a btl probably 2-3 years ago for $70. I’ve maybe used 2oz of the bottle. Sits in the back of my liquor cabinet. I’m not a fan. Good for them though if HW can command those kind of prices.

3 or 4 years ago it was around 100 here. Now it’s 135 plus tax.

My 1st sighting in Northern NJ was $199 + tax. I passed
What’s your expected price?
I saw someone had a buy in Central NJ at $99, so that’s my goal. Maybe a few $$ more

Personally don’t think this is worth over $100

It’s $90 at the big box liquor chain around Chicago. Dropped here last Wednesday. I think it’s better than Act 8 last year.

This is sort of the point, surfing for reasonable prices. I’d expect to see some $99 in NJ, but in NY it’s going to be tough to find. If you’re in a region where you can find it for under $100, grab it.

I bought a few bottles in northern NJ for $99.

Btw - I bought it for $99 last year at the same place. This bourbon hype is nuts.

1 Like

I think I’m comfortable up to $100 for this too, probably not above that. I’ve been saying for a while that the Bourbon/Rye craze has me looking back to Scotch for value, which would have seemed crazy to me 10+ years ago. I’m glad I like a lot of different whiskies.

Yeah, Doug offers great advice above. At $150+, great bottles of Scotch or Japanese Whisky are widely available.

I’ve bought the dram at retail the last few years. I will not go over $120. The dram made it’s name on the first releases which were a combination of older Barton and MGP rye mash bills. It’s my understanding that Barton was replaced with High West distillate starting with Act 6 releases. I do not have any bottles with straight High West distillate, but I think that the general consensus on the straightbourbon website is lukewarm at best.

How do I find out which bottle I own?

The Act number is on the label. Act 9 is the current release

The price of bourbon has increased faster than grand cru burg