LTB Pappy Van Winkle

LTB a bottle for a friends 40th bday.

what version?

Gl with that, even more inflation than top burgs.

Have a 12 Year that I would sell but market price appears to be close to $1,000 which feels wrong and dirty to even ask.

is 23 really now a $5000 bottle?

More if stitzel Weller. I had 3 but sold 2 for 10k each.

I’ve got two b of 20 yr, one Japanese and unknown bottling, one 2012
C4C1FC1F-25C1-44EA-94EA-58BF78DA8448.jpeg
D87F59A9-18FE-4F2A-9F00-154ECD723878.jpeg

The other one looks pre 07.

how can you tell? No distinguishing marks I can see.

07 has dot matrix

$5,000 retail maybe. True secondary is closer to 4.

Probably true for non-sw juice

Then what is 20 going for with SW

I have a 2008 23 yr. where do we see this ending? Is there still supply out there or will it be worth 100k in ten more years? There is no way I’m ever going to pop the bottle as zero whisky is even 5k good for my palate. It’s purely when is the best time to sell it for me at this point.

Who knows; there’s a finite supply and they’re not making any more. Is anyone actually drinking any, though?

An 08 with bag and tag would prob fetch in the $6000-$6500 range now is my guess. Pricing on Van Winkle and especially SW Van Winkle is absolutely stupid right now. Will the market go up more? My guess is yes. How much more is anyones guess as the parabolic price increases on hard to find bourbon in the last 18 months has been like nothing I’ve ever seen before.

Yeah I got 20k for two bottles (in trade) of the sw23.

Unless 05 or earlier with Wax tops, you made out like a bandit if you got $20K in value. Well done.

Ive got a 2017 PVW23 with bag n tag, a couple Lot B and receipt from my retail purchase. My daughters a freshman in college now. Figure it goes when its worth a year of tuition or maybe when she graduates to pay off a loan or two