Introducing source | material (German Wine)

As most of you know I am extremely passionate about German wine. To help spread my enthusiasm for the greatest wines in the world I have partnered with Stephen Bitterolf of Vom Boden fame in a venture called source | material. source | material is simply a vehicle for us to curate / market very unique offers of German wine. Our first offer is a producer that for me is part of the trilogy of great GG wines in my cellar - Emrich-Schonleber (the other two are Keller and Schafer-Frohlich). The second offer will be a curated case of unknown, young up and coming producers (not currently imported) selected by one of the most famous and talented German winemakers, none other than Klaus-Peter Keller. The next will be a library release from one of the most venerable Mosel producers. In addition we will be curating many rieslingstudy events and special bottlings in collaboration with a wide range of artists, chefs, musicians etc.

Please check out our website and sign up for the mailing list if you would like to be kept abreast of future offerings. And the first offer is live. The 3L Halenberg GGs were bottled especially for us!

Sounds wonderful. I wish you well!

Well done Robert - Much success! I signed up for your list

Got their email today, thanks.

Thank you so much Russell. Means a lot coming from such a serious Riesling aficionado.

Excellent!

Thank you very much, Greg!

So excited for you and this project, Robert. You had me at Emrich-Schonleber! You know I worship the same holy GG trinity. :slight_smile:

Thank you so much! You more than anyone know how passionate I am about German wine.

Very exciting – order in for Emrich-Schonleber, and excited for the future offerings

Looks interesting - just signed up.

Signed up for the emails. Best of luck in this new venture Robert, I’m excited to support it. Looking forward to the offers, especially #2 and #3. I’m sure the whole endeavour will be met very positively by all [cheers.gif]

This is exciting, really looking forward to “the golden generation”!

Great project, Robert. Looks like Collin signed me onto the email list so good to go.

Good evening Robert,

Thank you for the exciting news. As the great potential in Germany, building on much existing greatness, seems to be growing- it has become incredibly frustrating to see the decline in importation to the US of a lot of really great wine. I became a rabid fan of Emrich-Schonleber with the 2007 vintage, but then after a few years the wines just disappeared here.

It will be wonderful to have you and Stephen taking a role in bringing these and other gems to the US market. I have signed up and also just submitted an order for a parcel of the 2019 Emrich-Schonleber. It will indeed be wonderful to have these back in the cellar again.

Best wishes to you both. I will spread the news to fellow Riesling fans here in Texas.

PS- to anyone reading this who has not tried Emrich-Schonleber- it is quite true they are among the great producers, and especially in the realm of the GGs. The wines have a very joyous quality to them, framed in an intense structure of stones and mineral with serious aging potential. It has been years since they were reliably available in the United States, and if you have a great love for either the Nahe or the Mosel, this first offering is very much worth your attention.

Thank you all for the very kind and warm response. If you ever need anything please feel free to reach out. And all feedback is welcome.

Definitely signed up! Good luck with the venture Robert!

Thank you very much, Greg!

Joined the list earlier this summer and got in on some (pre-?)offers—look forward to seeing what is to come!

Phenomenal. Just signed up. I already have a case of '19 Emrich on the way but I may need more, and I’m all in for a source for interesting German wines.