(COMPLETED) CHARITY AUCTION FOR RACIAL JUSTICE - Rare Floodland Brewing Magnums

Auctioning off the Floodland Brewing beers listed below and a Floodland branded glass (as a package) with free delivery in the Seattle area to raise funds for the racial justice organizations listed below. Preference for Seattle area buyer, but will ship to a winning bidder if they provide label and assume shipping risk.

For those that don’t know, Floodland Brewing makes world-class mixed fermentation ales in Seattle, WA. Adam Paysse and his team make small amounts of beer, and the beer is highly allocated and sought after with a thousands long waiting list. For those who know about the brewery’s “no sale” policy, Adam is aware of what I’m doing and he supports charity sales/auctions.

Minimum bid of $450 for all the beers below & glass. Current high bid is $600. Please send bids to scott.tallman@gmail.com. Will update this post with highest bid at the end of each day between now and Monday.

Will leave auction open until 12 pm PST on Monday, June 8th. Please share with others who may be interested.

The highest/winning bidder must provide either (1) evidence of a donation for the winning amount dated on/after June 8 to one of the organizations listed below (or split amongst those organizations) or (2) payment to me of the winning amount, which I will in turn donate to the organizations below and provide you evidence of such donation.

All beers purchased directly from Floodland as part of Oakworks Bottle Club.

Beers/Glass

• 2018 Riesling Magnum - saison refermemted on riesling grapes from Red Willow Vineyard (owner/brewer Adam Paysse just told me “That Riesling is tasting really, really good right now IMO.”)

• 2018 Viognier Magnum (collaboration with Kobayashi Winery & kindly donated for this auction by winemaker, Travis Allen) - wild ferment buckwheat beer blended with saison and refermented on Viognier grapes from Weathereye Vineyard

• 2019 Nothing/All 750 ml - blend of mixed culture saison refermented on organic ‘elephant heart’ plums

• 2018 Floodland Oakworks glass

Organizations

ACLU
NAACP Legal Defense Fund
Equal Justice Initiative
George Floyd Memorial Fund
Unicorn Riot
Reclaim the Block
Campaign Zero
Minnesota Freedom Fund
NBCDI

Current high bid is $600. Will update again tomorrow night. Thanks to all who have bid thus far!

Current high bid still $600. If the winning bid exceeds $700, I’ll throw in a 750 ml bottle of 2019 Floodland Rhône (blend of wheat saison with Mourvèdre from Kiona Heart of the Hill Vineyard and Syrah from Boushey Vineyard)

Current high bid still $600. If the winning bid exceeds $700, I’ll throw in a 750 ml bottle of 2019 Floodland Rhône (blend of wheat saison with Mourvèdre from Kiona Heart of the Hill Vineyard and Syrah from Boushey Vineyard)

Bids end at 12 pm PST tomorrow so get your final bids in!

High bid is now $803! 45 minutes left to bid!

Auction completed. Winning bid was $825 split between NBCDI, NAACP LDF, ACLU, Unicorn Riot and George Floyd Memorial Fund. Thanks to all who participated and the winning bidder!

Very cool - thanks for doing this and for including such great groups in the recipients!

Thanks, Siun. Glad to be a part of these worthwhile donations.