New Post, Increase prices, SeeKing Screaming Eagle

We have received several requests from international clients and with those requests can we pay higher prices.

Looking for all vintages, here are some examples of what we can pay:

1995 $3,200/bt
1996 $2,800/bt
2001 $3,200/bt
2002 $2,800
and every vintage up through 2016
2007 $2,900
2010 $2,900
2015 $2,300
2016 $2,375

Please write to Erika@williamgladstoneimports.com

Pm’ed

I have a buddy looking to move a 2013 for $2500 if you are interested.

Please write to Erika@williamgladstoneimports.com

Kevin
My point of view, many collectors look at retail and then ask for that or a bit below that.
Wholesalers, retailers, trading co’s, we look at the auction market, after all , you have a ‘used’
bottle with all of the questions of storage, history, etc… and we work backwards from that point.

Plus, we do this to make a profit- let’s just say low retail is $2,700 on the 2013,
I’m mentioning that number without looking, merely as an example.
We are not selling at $2,700. We will be selling to our clients lower than that.
$2,400 or so. So we will be looking to pay below the $2,400.

follow the auctions, look at retail, and then look at auctions,
this is an auction that closed today,
Thank you for tracking K&L Wine Auctions. The auction has ended on the following lot:
2015 Screaming Eagle Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (OWC)

Winning Bid: $6,940.00

compare that to retail, and then think about what trading co’s are looking to pay.

Just a clarification, we follow the auction market, as well as prices at LIV-EX, as well as feedback from the international market.
These wines trade as commodities, and are subject to market swings.
I note that this post has prices from the end of April, now at the end of May I noticed my staff utilized auction prices from ALL OF the auctions for offers we rec’d this past week.
And my understanding is my staff was paying 10 & 20% above the auction price this past week.
Thanks
Wg