Job in NY Help?

Hey Berserkers,

I am moving to New York City in March and am looking for a wine job. I have managed my shop for the past 2 years and worked for a wholesaler for 2 1/2 years before that.
I’m interested in working for a distributor/importer, but I don’t want to be a sales rep.
If anyone knows anyone who is hiring I would appreciate any help. Yes I am looking on winejobs.com so don’t post that. I’m seeing if there is anything else people know about.

Alternatively, can someone send me a Beverage Journal or something that lists companies so that I can start contacting them?

Any help or leads would be appreciated!

You can contact me via pm or email.

Thanks,
Mike

Special note to the Todd, I hope that this is ok to post here. If not you may ban me! pepsi

Just a little while ago, WineLibrary was looking for someone…

Yeah I remember that posting! I’ll be living in Harlem and not sure how long the commute would be via public transit. Looks kinda far for an everyday gig.

Thanks to everyone who has PM’s me already!

Mike,

If you’re going to rely solely on public transit then WL is completely out of the question.

Good luck.

Best of luck Mike.
You seem to be truly impassioned with wine and your TNs are very intriguing!
The latter is meant to be a genuine compliment.

The former, not so much! [tease.gif]

Ken Vastola:

Vocation: College Professor
Avocation: Comedian

Mitch, here’s one of my favorite quotes:

“Those who make a distinction between education and entertainment don’t know the first thing about either.” – Marshall McLuhan

Thanks to everyone so far…including Mitch for his support and Ken for his…well he did bump it to the top!

Still looking. I have sent out a few resumes and talked to a few folks. Big ups to Ian for helping a brother out!

Mike

Did I ever send you the Beverage Media stuff?

If not, just send me your address, and I will Fedex you December’s.

Dan,

I PM’ed him a paste of the Wholesaler list of the bevnetwork website, names and phone #'s.

Yeah, I think I was supposed to do that, thanks Brent

Don’t worry Dan, Brent stepped up to the plate for you! neener

Thanks though. I am slowly working my way through it trying to figure all of the distributors out. In MD we have maybe 15 or so. Much easier to get a handle on!