For Sale: Mackillop's choice single cask Macallan 1989 Aged 16 Years in Oak Cask

Buy, sell, and trade goods with other forum members - private sales only.
Forum rules
If you have a negative or potentially harmful comment to make about another poster's pricing or offer, send a Private Message - do not reply here on the forum. Public comments about pricing or the offer being made will be deleted. Do NOT post links to your auctions where items are sold elsewhere or your post will be deleted. Repeated misuse will result in loss of access to this forum. DO NOT POST UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THE COMMERCE CORNER RULES THREAD BELOW!
DavidFrankil
GCC Member
GCC Member

For Sale: Mackillop's choice single cask Macallan 1989 Aged 16 Years in Oak Cask

#1 Post by DavidFrankil » November 25th, 2019, 1:19 pm

For sale - one bottle of Mackillop's choice single cask Macallan distilled in 1989, aged 16 years in oak cask.

Purchased direct from retailer around 2005/6 and stored in refrigerated wine cellar since then - in the original packaging (cardboard/plastic) in pristine condition.

Label says -

- "This Single Cask Single Malt Scotch Whisky was distilled at the Macallan Distillery in the SPEYSIDE REGION on 20 April 1989 and was bottled in September 2005."
- AGED 16 YEARS IN OAK CASK"
- "43% ABV"

I'm not a single malt drinker, and couldn't find much information on it. WineSearcher (https://www.wine-searcher.com/find/mack ... tland/1989) shows it was last available in April 2018 at an average price of $444.

Looking to sell - couldn't find any other reference prices, so asking $400 OBO - located in NJ, prefer direct hand-off with cash/paypal. Will consider trades for high-end Bordeaux as well.

I'm in the MD/DC/VA area about once a month, also in central PA (Harrisburg) 2-3 times a month. In North Jersey on a constant basis too, unfortunately. :)

If I'm off on the pricing, please point me to a reference and we can talk ...
My avatar is a twelfth century Berserker Lewis rook, from the British Museum. "He stands armed with a sword and exposes his huge teeth with which he bites into his shield. It is this gesture that identifies him as a Berserker – a fierce warrior drawn from Norse mythology that bites his shield in a self-induced frenzy prior to battle."

Return to “Commerce Corner - Wine Classifieds”