ISO Leoville Barton 2000

I am looking for single bottles up to a case, looking to buy personally. OWC 12 would be great. Thanks!

2000-I found this to be one of the more backward wines of the 2000 vintage and gave it a window of maturity of 2015 to 2040 when I reviewed it in 2003. In my two recent tastings of it, I changed that window to 2018 to 2050, which probably says more than the following tasting note could say. This is a behemoth, dense, highly extracted, very tannic, broodingly backward, with a dense purple color and very little evolution since it was bottled 8 years ago. Wonderfully sweet cedar and fruitcake notes are intermixed with hints of creme de cassis, licorice and earthy forest floor. It is full bodied and tannic, with everything in place, but like so many wines that come from Leoville Barton, it makes a mockery of many modern day consumers wanting a wine for immediate gratification. Those who bought it should continue to exercise patience and be proud to own a wonderful classic with five decades of longevity ahead of it. Drink: 2018 to 2050. Last tasted, 6/10. Rating, 95+. RP

Have an original, unopened case, (12 .750s) 2000 Leoville Barton.

E/M sent.

Donn-

I had this out of a 375ml tonight and it was squarely aged Bordeaux on the nose but young in the mouth. Still very strong opaque crimson color with no bricking. Nose of new saddle leather and tobacco leaf. Tannins are still a bit grippy (young) contradicting the nose. On the palate you get faint hints of black cherry and all kinds of leafy (in a good way) hand rolled Cubans. It will be fascinating to see how this evolves.

Cheers!

Sent Tom a DM, but if anyone else is looking, I have the 2004 and 2005 with OWC:

2004 Leoville Barton x12 [93 points]: $100/bt. FULL CASE WITH OWC
2005 Leoville Barton x12 [97 points]: $140/btl. FULL CASE WITH OWC

DM me with any interest.