WTB: Some aged Bordeaux (Done)

Buy, sell, and trade goods with other forum members - private sales only.
Forum rules
If you have a negative or potentially harmful comment to make about another poster's pricing or offer, send a Private Message - do not reply here on the forum. Public comments about pricing or the offer being made will be deleted. Do NOT post links to your auctions where items are sold elsewhere or your post will be deleted. Repeated misuse will result in loss of access to this forum. DO NOT POST UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THE COMMERCE CORNER RULES THREAD BELOW!
Rob Weaver
GCC Member
GCC Member

WTB: Some aged Bordeaux (Done)

#1 Post by Rob Weaver » October 20th, 2019, 11:47 am

Looking for a bottle of nicely aged and stored Bordeaux.

Some suggestions below, also open to others. Will need to take possession this week, can send overnight label.

1996 Leoville las Cases
1989 Pichon Lalande
1989 Lynch Bages
Last edited by Rob Weaver on October 27th, 2019, 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

William Gladstone
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

Re: WTB: Some aged Bordeaux

#2 Post by William Gladstone » October 22nd, 2019, 1:25 am

Rob Weaver wrote:
October 20th, 2019, 11:47 am
Looking for a bottle of nicely aged and stored Bordeaux.

Some suggestions below, also open to others. Will need to take possession this week, can send overnight label.

1996 Leoville las Cases
1989 Pichon Lalande
1989 Lynch Bages
Rob, In September we had a dinner with a client in London the gentlemen were so generous they brought 3 wines to dinner, , a 1989 Lynch Bages - which was an ethereal experience, absolutely reminded me why I got involved with wine. Only the 1982 Pichon Lalande had that same 'out-of-body' experience for me, with purple rimmed edge... and they also brought the 1999 Ch. Palmer - which was of course lovely, but not ethereal like the '89 Lynch Bages (which I later learned Parker has scored 100 pts later in life!
I've had enough bad experiences purchasing old bottles on the market to know, what you're purchasing is not a great wine but it is a bottle. I don't know if i stated that clearly.

if you want that magic experience to remember - you want to do something that you can be 100% certain of provenance.

Enjoy your experience..
Wg
Last edited by William Gladstone on October 27th, 2019, 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jleedionne

#3 Post by jleedionne » October 22nd, 2019, 4:34 am

Amazing how everything you write is a humblebrag.
Justin Dionne

tomrg58
GCC Member
GCC Member

#4 Post by tomrg58 » October 27th, 2019, 10:47 am

Are you still looking. I have the '98 Lynch Bages
Thomas Greenberg

Rob Weaver
GCC Member
GCC Member