free bottle of Burgundy and baby sitting

A well-known wine maker from Burgundy is asking me for help in having his 18-year-old daughter spend about a month in the Santa Barbara area. I have known her for about 10 years and she is very sweet and mature. Her English is pretty good. She will spend a few days with us in Santa Ynez Valley but most of this time will be spent studying at University California Santa Barbara. It would be great if she could live with a good family rather than rent and be all alone. We will be available in Santa Ynez Valley for her and will probably come down and visit with her on weekends.

What I am therefore looking for is a family willing to take her on for about 3 weeks in January. She can babysit and help around the house. She would need a way to get to UCSB which means the house would need to be near bus route 11.

In addition to help around the house, other benefits would certainly be a bottle of wine from their family and these are currently going for up to $200. In addition I am sure the family would welcome you at their property and they are not open to the public.

Anyway any interested parties could PM me. We could meet in Santa Barbara to discuss this further and you could always skype with the family to see if it is a good fit.

I only know one family in Santa Barbara and I phoned this wine dealer, the situation does not fit for him and he said he’ll think if he knows anyone.
Did you want to try a local newspaper, more suited to personal stuff. Or wine shops or wine business in that area?

Lemme ask around. Guessing the preference is for an SB spot - Goleta or Montecito or ?? cool?

let me know if i can stay in your home for 3 weeks in exchange for a $200 bottle wine… i’ll move in tomorrow.

thanks for the help

Charles Banks would have done it in his Montecito home but I guess he is inconvenienced for now.

Does my friend in Santa Barbara need to have a helicopter on hand to make this work [wink.gif] come on somebody had to say it! Good luck!

Careful!

This guy is Russian Mafia and you would not want him to sick Putin on you

This should be a great experience to get to know someone who is growing up in a winemaking family in Burgundy . These kids start drinking when they are 5-6 and they make them work the vineyards shortly thereafter.

She is coming over in January. Could also talk to locals about taking her out to dinner or showing her Santa Barbara. Again- PM me

I was thinking that if I was looking I would contact the University, they actually have an office to help with placements such as this.
2nd choice would be the local paper that is more suited for a posting like this.