Come taste with Michel Abood this weekend at the Wine Library

This Saturday we’re excited to taste through 4 value-driven wines from France, with Michel Abood from Vinotas Selections (Redirecting...)!

We’re featuring these great wines, showcasing different regions around the country that are bringing excellent quality to the table.
First off is the Tripoz Macon, a 100% Chardonnay that is crisp and clean, with delicious apple flavors. An excellent wine to drink by itself or to pair with food, the Tripoz is definitely a great wine for the price!

Following, we have 3 different reds from Southern France:

The Clos Bagatelle St Chinian is an excellent medium-bodied Grenache-based wine that is from a very interesting appellation in the Languedoc. The Bagatelle is a great wine, but at a “weeknight” price!

After this, is a great Cotes du Rhone from the incredible 2007 vintage! This wine, a traditional blend of Grenache, Syrah, and Mourvedre, has delicious red fruit and floral notes on the nose and palate, and finishes strong. This is one of our favorite “sleeper” wines in the store right now.

Finally, we’ll be pouring the Chateau Bouscade Sept Vents Syrah, which was a huge hit when we had it last year! This Syrah is a big and rich wine, with lovely red fruit and some pepper notes. The Bouscade is a perfect pairing for hearty meals on a cold winter night, like stews, steak, or chili.

Make sure to stop by from 12-4 on Saturday to try out these QPR gems from France!
Address is 586 Morris Ave., Springfield, NJ 07081

Who?

This guy:

BYOPB @ Wine Library???

Bring Your Own Pikinic Baskets.

I thought it was this guy:

Nope, Pepe smells better.

BTW while image Googling for that picture of Boo-Boo, I got this hit as well. [scratch.gif]

Could be mildly offensive to some.
http://91.121.71.200/gifs/317.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Take it to the Asylum or elsewhere Kenny. neener

BooBoo's Great Adventure - YouTube" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wow…Commerce Corner.

What’re you guys selling over here??

Awwwwwwwwww… I can feel the… love? flirtysmile

I like the Bouscade!

I figured since it was biz related this was the spot, but apparently I filed this wrong.

It’s the perfect spot for this.

We’re giving Michel the business!!! [tease.gif]

It can only help. We’re bumping up your thread and showing that Michel is beloved by all who know him.

And if this isn’t true, it’s all Mark’s fault!

Awwww Ken, I heart you too. grouphug

I would prefer it if you guys flirtysmile my wines, but I’ll take what I can get. [wink.gif]

Good, because that may be ALL that you get. [tease.gif]

Figured I’d chime in here on the Tripoz - I had a bottle of this with shrimp about a week or so ago, post-Paris.

I got mine from WL (I’m not affiliated with either WL or Vinotas, and I dont even like the importer neener ) and for the price, this is a great white to drink with seafood dishes.

Aside from muscadet, there’s simply nothing I’ve found that competes price and quality-wise.

The orchard fruits are very clean and precise and this isn’t flabby or oaky (two things I hate about white wine). I’ve actually had wine from a Tripoz family member who also produces wine, can’t recall the name - but figured I’d give this bottle a flyer based both on Michel’s recco and prior experience with the fam’s wines.

I’d definitely recommend it if you’re looking for something reasonably priced and tasty for weeknight meals, there’s nice acidity which makes it food friendly and while it’s not going to give you pause as to why you buy grand cru white burgundy, we drained the bottle in no time.

Just one guy’s opinion - if I were close to NJ I’d be interested in checking out the reds.

Wish i lived closer. I’ve been on aboo boo’s a$$ to get these wines into Massachusetts, but he doesn’t care about us up here! (now if only WL wanted to fight with massachusetts re:shipping -then I’d be all set flirtysmile )

Working on it, Zach, working on it.

Wish I were closer to attend this, too! flirtysmile Sounds like it will be a fun time. Hope it is memorable.