ISO Upgrades for AA American Airlines International

I am traveling this summer with my family. I am looking for four upgrades for my American Airlines flight. Rome to Portland in August 2019. I am not exactly sure of the type of upgrades I need, but I would like to change from our seats to Business Class. I can trade Whiskey or wine.

2 options… find someone with Executive Platinum status to gift you Systemwide upgrades. or use miles and cash.

But in either case you will need “C” availability – which can be difficult (particularly 4)… if you PM me your flight numbers and dates, I can check current avail via expertflyer.

check expertflyer.com to see if any, let alone 4 upgrades, are available. Slim shot

Hi Travis. I’m EXP on AA and know the system fairly well.

I checked every AA flight between Rome and Portland in August. Here are the only flights with at least 4 upgrades available on the transatlantic leg:

AA 719 FCO-PHL on Wed 8/7 has 4
AA 719 FCO-PHL on Thu 8/8 has 4
AA 239 FCO-DFW on Wed 8/28 has 6
AA 239 FCO-DFW on Thu 8/29 has 4

None of these has upgrade availability from the connecting city to PDX, so even if you found an EXP to gift you some systemwide upgrades, you couldn’t confirm an upgrade on those flights at this time.

I appreciate the feed back on both of these threads. I didn’t know it was so hard. As a teacher, I do t really accumulate miles so I was looking for a trade of some sort.

I also appreciate the insight on what is available. The date actually August 4th.