ISO Upgrades for AA American Airlines International

Buy, sell, and trade goods with other forum members - private sales only.
Forum rules
If you have a negative or potentially harmful comment to make about another poster's pricing or offer, send a Private Message - do not reply here on the forum. Public comments about pricing or the offer being made will be deleted. Do NOT post links to your auctions where items are sold elsewhere or your post will be deleted. Repeated misuse will result in loss of access to this forum. DO NOT POST UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THE COMMERCE CORNER RULES THREAD BELOW!
Travis Fantz
GCC Member
GCC Member

ISO Upgrades for AA American Airlines International

#1 Post by Travis Fantz » April 22nd, 2019, 2:42 pm

I am traveling this summer with my family. I am looking for four upgrades for my American Airlines flight. Rome to Portland in August 2019. I am not exactly sure of the type of upgrades I need, but I would like to change from our seats to Business Class. I can trade Whiskey or wine.
HS Math Teacher (old ITB)

Steven Pumilia

Re: ISO Upgrades for AA American Airlines International

#2 Post by Steven Pumilia » April 23rd, 2019, 2:27 am

2 options... find someone with Executive Platinum status to gift you Systemwide upgrades. or use miles and cash.
https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-prog ... -miles.jsp
But in either case you will need "C" availability -- which can be difficult (particularly 4).... if you PM me your flight numbers and dates, I can check current avail via expertflyer.

jordan whitehead

#3 Post by jordan whitehead » April 23rd, 2019, 9:11 am

Travis Fantz wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 2:42 pm
I am traveling this summer with my family. I am looking for four upgrades for my American Airlines flight. Rome to Portland in August 2019. I am not exactly sure of the type of upgrades I need, but I would like to change from our seats to Business Class. I can trade Whiskey or wine.
check expertflyer.com to see if any, let alone 4 upgrades, are available. Slim shot
www.annaswish.org

Jason L Jones
GCC Member
GCC Member

#4 Post by Jason L Jones » April 24th, 2019, 8:28 am

Hi Travis. I'm EXP on AA and know the system fairly well.

I checked every AA flight between Rome and Portland in August. Here are the only flights with at least 4 upgrades available on the transatlantic leg:

AA 719 FCO-PHL on Wed 8/7 has 4
AA 719 FCO-PHL on Thu 8/8 has 4
AA 239 FCO-DFW on Wed 8/28 has 6
AA 239 FCO-DFW on Thu 8/29 has 4

None of these has upgrade availability from the connecting city to PDX, so even if you found an EXP to gift you some systemwide upgrades, you couldn't confirm an upgrade on those flights at this time.

Travis Fantz
GCC Member
GCC Member

#5 Post by Travis Fantz » April 24th, 2019, 9:20 am

I appreciate the feed back on both of these threads. I didn’t know it was so hard. As a teacher, I do t really accumulate miles so I was looking for a trade of some sort.

I also appreciate the insight on what is available. The date actually August 4th.
HS Math Teacher (old ITB)

Return to “Commerce Corner - Wine Classifieds”