FS: 1997 Opus One Magnum

Extremely rare I havent seen one on auction or winesearcher in a very long time. Purchased upon release and stored in a temperature controlled cellar since with minimal movement. Galloni did a vertical tasting from 1979 to 2012. This was one of the real standouts (see link below) and just starting to approach peak in 750ML format. In magnum it still has time to go and finding one as pristine as this is like a needle in a haystack. Avg price on w-s for a 750 is around $450. Some cheaper with flaws on auction but not in this condition. Not in a rush to sell and wouldnt mind drinking it but would consider selling at right price. Will consider reasonable offers but do the math and dont bother with low ball offers.

https://www.wine-searcher.com/find/opus+one+napa+valley+county+north+coast+california+usa/1997/usa#t3

Here’s notes from Galloni tasting (not behind paywall)

Would 10k with shipping included get this done?

White glove delivery with a bottle of Lot B would be included at that price

Drank it myself with friends. Glad I didn’t sell it as it was exceptional and I’ll never see another bottle that well stored

Ironically and in homage to Eugene it was consumed after golf with Alex :slight_smile: