Some nice sauternes to assist Team McKenna ! Auction Closed ! Thank You Bill Landreth ! You are awesome !

I have tried to give to all of the charitable causes on this board but have limits as my son is about to go to college in 5 months yet still wish to help Joe Raymond’s friend, As I have plenty more wine than funds will help a little more.

So I present you a nice pair of sauterne splits a 2003 Chateau Coutet and a 2003 Suduirat for auction. 100% of the proceeds will go direct to Joes friend. You would have to pay shipping though.

Although 2003 is not a spectacular vintage they are quite good as I have tried many different bottles form that year. They are not made to age 40 years but are showing nicely right now and will improve a little more in a few years.

Min starting bid is $20 on the Coutet and $25 on the Suduiraut. Both wines were stored in my temp controlled cellar.

The Auction will end at Sat March 30th at 12 PM EST

Last time I did this for a cause here folks overbid above the retail price of the wines ! That warmed my heart at the generosity of this board.

C’mon guys lets do it again ! Bid high and bid fast, You can do it !

I’ll start it off

Coutet - $20

Suduiraut - $25

Jonathan, 750s or 375s?
Coutet 30
Suduiraut 35

Hi Yong I probably should have called them .375s as they are half bottles. I did describe them as splits which I thought wrongly were .375 but in reality are .187 ml typically given as favors to wedding guests. . I know these are not super rare or expensive bottles but I have had many 03s and they are showing darn well now and are definitely a fairly early dinking vintage . I would sort of compare the 03 vintage overall in Sauternes them to the 14 vintage in Bordeaux which are quite tasty and accessible young but not made for the super long haul.

I will cover the shipping to the winner(s) !! If that is okay Jonathan…

I will still keep my bids to help out.

Yong I thought you would be the winner as it seemed the bidding had stopped. I had a lurker whom i had sold some NOK to that told me he wants them. Am waiting to hear back from him. He has to bid at least $2 higher on each on the bottles to win the auction. You will also have a chance to respond. As your bid is already generous and I am happy to give proceeds to his friend remember it’s all for a wonderful cause !!!

“But I was going to come in on Saturday @ 11:59:59 and out bid him.”
~Wine Bid Guy

18 more hours to go.

$100

Whoa Nelly !! [dance-clap.gif] You sir are offering a bit above typical retail for the pair of Sauternes, for a worthy cause !! Anybody want to be so crazy as to outbid the very generous Mr Landreth. Bid high, bid often !! [cheers.gif]

Mom had a single lung transplant in 1994 and it gave her an extra 18 years. $100 is just a drop in the bucket.

God bless you Bill ! You have a heart of Gold. I have given way more to charity this year for causes near and dear to me than ever. The more pain and personal loss I suffer, the more I help others OFTEN STRANGERS it helps them immensely and helps me heal and warms my heart. Make Sense ?

[winner.gif]

Bill Thank You. Your overbid on account of your personal experience with your mom. You have a big heart.

The bottles of nice sauternes are simply the bonus for your kindness and charitable nature. Good karma Is coming your way ! There will be a 3rd bottle that will be Added as thanks for your generosity. I was always taught "Give and ye shall receive"