FS: 2015 Dujac Charmes-Chambertin—Price Update

I’m not especially into Burgundy (sacrilege, I know) and would rather sell these and buy Bordeaux.

3x 2015 Dujac Charmes-Chambertin $400 lowered $370

Bought on release and stored in temperature and humidity-controlled cellar. Shipping from Colorado.

$400 per btl or for all 3?
BIN if it’s all 3

[wow.gif] [rofl.gif]

Per bottle. Which is less than the average price on a wine Searcher and way less than the $600 (!!!)that Verve Wine sold it for.

Bump for price decrease.

not sure what average has to do with anything

What do you mean? When pricing something, you wouldn’t look at the average price of the item being sold as a reference for what You should list it for?

At the end of the day, it’s $40-50 cheaper than what Wine Searcher is listing, and more than $200 cheaper than what a popular wine store sold it for (and sold out of it at that price, by the way.) it’s a great wine at a very reasonable price. I stand by the listing.

note: This is a comment on the use of WS avg… not a comment on the OP’s actual price.

Blaine, actually people normally sell for below WS LOW here…the reason is:
WS Avg isn’t very meaningful b/c let’s say 3 stores sells it for $350-360 (which there is), and a couple of stores sells it for 450 and $600(!? wow). i don’t really care that the avg is $415 or so… i care that i can buy it readily for $350-360…
and that’s from a reliable retailer (i.e. belmont which has 3 btls in stock), rather than an individual, which has an inherent risk level. (albeit small if it’s a well known person on the board here).

That’s why when selling on CC here, people go for 10-20% below WS low, not ws avg… thus Jordan’s comment of avg having no relevance…
TL:DR: ultimately if i can buy it from a legit store for $350… why would i buy it from an unknown person for higher amt…

I appreciate the response and clarification. I was under the impression that’s what I was doing (pricing significantly below WS ), but understand wanting to buy from an established retailer versus a private sale.

I think the issue is WS vs WS Pro. WS Pro shows several US retailers selling $350-375.

I don’t have Pro and I can see those prices.

as mentioned by Mark, why buy from you at $370 when Belmont Exchange is at $350, will take a credit card and will ship insured as a licensed shipper

Jordan,

Heard loud and clear, as I’ve mentioned several times in the thread. I’m not particulary stressed about selling them. I’m just not a huge Burgundy guy and would rather have something else, but am happy to sit on them or trade with a friend.

Yes, a retailer might sell them for $350, but that doesn’t factor in taxes and shipping, either, which would make it at least $370 a bottle. Yes, they are preferable, especially if the prices are the same. Fine by me. I’m just not going to take a loss to sell them. I’m just as happy keeping them.

Thank you for your invaluable critique and advice.

Love this; in England this would be considered a seriously f*ck you sentence. Haven’t seen a sentence dripping with this much sarcasm over here often, but always glad to see it exists.

+1

Don’t sweat it Blaine. As a general rule, when people whine about the asking price of something on CC, it is because they want it but can’t afford it at your asking price. Your number is not unreasonable given the rarity of the wine and Belmont won’t have their listing up forever. A couple of the other ones are small obscure shops that may well not ship many places.

yep, that’s it [rofl.gif]

[rofl.gif] [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif]

When people whine about the asking price, their post gets deleted because that’s not allowed and moderators hawk that stuff.
When people explain how CC and WS low works it’s providing guidance to folks who are maybe new to this forum…or new to CC.

Well, perhaps explain how it works a little more accurately then?

Often a higher end wine will be listed super-cheap at some obscure Mom and Pop store for- let’s say hypothetically- $200. But then all the major internet retailers have said wine for $300+. There is a good reason for that- the cheap listing is either out of date or the store will not ship.

By your advice, a seller here should go 10%-20% below the $200 price. That is nice for you and other bargain-seekers, but it is not broadly accurate or advisable guidance. Certainly not with a top vintage grand cru burgundy from an A list producer.

I just had a closer look at the WS listings for 2015 Dujac Charmes. There are 10 listings total- of which 8 are legitimate and 2 are from firms notorious for shadow-listing the wines of others (or from European resources) at a markup.

Of the 8 legitimate listings- 4 are less than what the OP is asking- by anywhere from $5-20. 2 of them only have 2 bottles (and one of those only delivers locally.) The other 2 are in CA- so shipping versus a local drop potentially makes the OP deal as good or better. The other 4 listings, including a couple of legit dealers who are not price gougers, are equal or higher.

There is nothing unreasonable about $370 for 2015 Dujac Charmes on this forum unless someone who wants it cannot afford it unless they get a bargain offering.

If you consider Belmont, which is $350 and has 3 btls in stock to be a obscure mom and pop store. Then I don’t know what to tell ya. If you can’t afford $370, you can magically afford $330? Dude that’s not how this works.

In any case. Thanks Tom for your invaluable critique and advice.
[rofl.gif]

If someone was in the market for this wine they probably would’ve bought it from Belmont already. I assume the OP would charge for shipping too, so that’s moot.
To get someone to be in the market for a wine they weren’t already looking for, it’s all about price.

btw, Verve NYC is still showing 1 available at $595