French Classics Value Pack

Classic French Buying Bonanza

Mix & match to get the best price!
F651B2C5-C33E-419F-B90B-7A7FE8898B6D.PNG.jpg
Maybe my favorite aspect I love about wine is its ability to mark itself indelibly in the mind to later recall good feelings from a time or place in the past. For me, this tends to invoke a vacation to wine country or a special occasion with close friends or loved ones.

This memory and feeling recall is magic, and it is exactly what this set of wines did for me when I tasted them last week. It reminded me of why I love wine so much, bringing me back to my early days of learning about wine and traveling to wine country.

I know many offers from me are more particular and more expensive, but these are the wines that really bring people together for what they are in the bottle, not what is on the label or how much it costs.

Simply put, these are pleasure inducing French classics that will set your memory and palate alive with joie de vivre!

The more you buy and mix and match, the more you save. This is a great opportunity to stock up on wines that deliver that classic French experience that most of us look for when we open a bottle of French wine.

BUY HERE bit.ly/2A9xDrs

6 or more: Save 10% on the total purchase
While our prices are already razor sharp, we can take 10% off 6 or more so mix and match to put together a great value pack of your own choosing.
_ We also have great shipping rates, please inquire as they go as low as $2/bottle depending on quantity and destination!_**

****THE WINES

****Reds

Clos Troteligotte “K-or” 2017, Malbec, Cahors, France $19.99
I really like Malbec from its home of Cahors and this is an excellent value for its impressive purity of fruit, loads of depth, and charm. It has great fruit, great structure, good complexity, and a long, pure finish. An excellent 100% Malbec from a parcel of the oldest vines of the domain. This will for sure make you rethink ever buying Argentina again. Certified organic since 2014 and biodynamic since 2017. The soil type “Sidérolithique” is specific to Cahors and accounts for less than 10% of all appellation consisting of clay and sandstone with a high iron content on a plateau at 1,400 feet. Aged for 6 Months in cement vats.
My Tasting Note
A dark core is almost opaque with glazing red edges. The nose is deep and fresh, with blackberry, black cherry and currant fruits, fruity red licorice and spicy black licorice fight for supremacy. The palate is med/med+ tannin and body, with medium alcohol and a long, pure and persistent finish.

Domaine Vincent Stoeffler Alsace Pinot Noir 2017 $24.99
Utterly delicious beyond comparison for the price. Maybe my favorite discovery of the year so far is this amazing little Pinot Noir from Alsace. From the pour, this was a beautiful, aromatically complex and correct Pinot Noir that displayed perfect fruit, terroir, and that hauntingly classic French nose that brings you back to being in Paris in the fall. From 40-year-old vines organically farmed The wine is fermented and aged entirely in 80-year-old French oak tanks. One of the top estates in Alsace, this estate gets a ton of love from the European press. It is relatively new to the US – and lucky for us – they have started to adapt to the warmer temps by focusing more attention on Pinot Noir. Put this on the table for Thanksgiving – but be sure to buy a couple of extra bottles.
My Tasting Note
Pure, ripe and natural fruit aromas of red berry and cherry, some currants, wild florals and violets, and a light licorice spice on the nose lead to a medium-bodied, fruit-intense and elegant red with mouth-filling cherry fruit structured by fine and fresh tannins plus well-integrated, sweeping acidity. An extremely pure, authentic and beautifully balanced Alsatian Pinot Noir.

Domaine Galevan l’Esprit Devin 2015 Cotes du Rhone Village $19.99
This tiny Châteauneuf du Pape estate is run with incredible passion by Coralie Goumarre, who is the first woman in her family to run the estate in nine generations. This offers just about everything you could want from a Southern Rhone wine. It is a Chateauneuf-du-Pape in all but name as the vineyard lies adjacent their CdP vineyard, but is across the border of the appellation and thus not allowed to be called CdP.
My Tasting Note
The color is a deep ruby and purple. The nose is concentrated with dark berry, currant, black cherry and some plum fruits. Fresh and perfectly structured, the 2015 Côtes du Rhône Villages L’Esprit Devin offers dark fruits, toasted spice and earth in a medium to full-bodied, rich, textured package. The palate and finish are persistent, lifted and juicy. Excellent!
Grenache (60%), Mourvèdre (20%), Syrah (20%) from organically farmed, stony limestone and marl soils. This is fermented in cement tanks and aged in old French oak barrels for 15 months.

Pascal Aufranc “Vignes de 1939” Chénas 2016 $19.99 93VM
A great score for a great wine, this is a pure and scintillatingly delicious 100% Gamay from the Chenas Cru, a northerly and the smallest Cru of Beaujolais. An average of 75 years old vines planted in granitic soils with quartz and manganese stones. A single south-west oriented 3.5 acres plot called “Pic de Rémont" at an elevation of 985 feet.
93 points Vinous
Lurid ruby. A highly expressive bouquet evokes fresh red/blue fruits, Asian spices, and smoky minerals, along with a sexy floral pastille nuance. Sweet and penetrating on the palate, offering sappy raspberry, boysenberry and spicecake flavors that are given lift and cut by a spine of juicy acidity. Finishes very long and smooth, with silky tannins that fold smoothly into the vibrant fruit.

Whites

Champagne Lombard Extra Brut Premier Cru NV $39.99
Today, there is no other sparkling wine in the world that can compare to Champagne. Champagne is not cheap, but you get what you pay for if you price down to Prosecco or Cava. What you get here is a Champagne that punches way over its price, tasting more like a Grand Cru of the $70-80 variety. If you are in need of a great sparkling wine for your holiday gatherings and parties, you need to look no further.
My Tasting Note
Fresh notes of biscuit, apple and baked quince, pure, clean and fresh, the bubbles are strong and the mousse is velvety thick. The nose rises from the glass like a bakery and a fruit orchard, cut with gentle tension and wonderful finesse. The palate recharges with a dose of energy and freshness from the lively and perfectly balanced acidity. Long and pure in the finish.
40% Chardonnay, 40% Pinot Noir, 20% Pinot Meunier
Aged in bottle 36 months with 4g/L dosage.

Domaine Gerard Fiou le Grand Roc Sancerre 2014 Silex $33.99 93WS
This is not your everyday Sancerre, this is a single vineyard, single Silex soil, old vine site that produces one of the most unique expressions of the Sauvignon Blanc grape one can find. 100% Sauvignon Blanc from vines over 60 years old and planted on a gorgeous hillside of solid, hard Silex rock soil. This was excellent and I don’t say that a lot about SB. The nose rose from the glass with pure aromas of fresh and sweet lemons, limes, fresh cut mixed flowers, and flinty and smoky rock minerality. On the palate, it was rich and energetic, and fresh as a daisy with excellent persistence and length.
Saint-Satur is a tiny village and the closest of the appellation to the Loire River. With only 4 growers in Saint-Satur, it is not easy to find these wines from this amazing site.
93 points Wine Spectator
Tightly coiled, with chalky thread racing along, featuring lemon pith, straw and white asparagus notes. The finish glistens with fleur de sel and flint details, leaving a very precise feel.

Domaine de la Verpaille “Vieilles Vignes” 2016 $18.99
From 100±year-old vines, this organically produced wine comes from clay and limestone soils that face east. Vinified at cold temperatures in stainless steel to preserve freshness, and the classic fruity aromas and flavors Light oak treatment: aged 8-10 months with 30% seeing time in new and used oak
My Tasting Note
The color is a golden yellow color with a beautiful intensity, with lemon highlights; on the nose the old vines kick in as you get a deep sense of aromatic depth and complexity, intense and dense, it testifies to the very beautiful maturity of the grapes. Intense yellow flowers, then the ripe fruits such as peach and apricot offer a complex and solar bouquet; on the palate notes of lemon and bergamot bring a breath of fresh air to the creamy palate. This wine is consumed during an aperitif and can be continued on appetizers: frogs, snails, salads made with a fresh goat cheese slice. Drink now or hold for 2-3 years.