Berserker favorites (Gonon, Rhys, Sandlands, Marcassin, etc.) for sale - 100% of proceeds go to Free Wheelchair Mission

Greetings, fellow Berserkers.

I have a bundle of good bottles to offer in sale, with 100% of the gross proceeds without any deductions to go to the Free Wheelchair Mission. This is an amazing charity which provides high quality, durable wheelchairs to disabled people in the third world, so they have an opportunity to see their friends and loved ones, find employment, and meet other basic human needs. Every $80 donated provides a person with a wheelchair like this:

You can read more about the great things they do at their website: https://www.freewheelchairmission.org/ They have provided over a million wheelchairs to date.

As you’ll see, I am not trying to pawn off the dregs of my cellar, but rather, I have tried to find great wines in my cellar most likely to appeal to my fellow Berserkers. I am also offering them at or below WS-Pro prices. So everybody wins here – say you buy a 2011 Gonon St. Joseph, a 2011 Copain Kiser En Haut, and a 2003 Arcadian Pisoni, you get three bottles of great wine at a bargain price, and three impoverished and handicapped people in the third world have their lives forever changed by the receipt of a new wheelchair.

Here are the wines. I may add some later on as well:

[ALL REMAINING PRICES REDUCED 11/28!!]

2011 Kutch Pinot Noir McDougall Vineyard $65 x 2 ONE SOLD ONE REMAINING
2010 Marcassin Pinot Noir Marcassin Vineyard $195 SOLD
2011 Pierre Gonon St. Joseph $110 SOLD
2016 Sandlands Carignane Contra Costa $40
2014 Hanzell Chardonnay Estate $45 SOLD
2011 Marc Plouzeau Touraine Clos de Maulevrier Ante Phylloxera $45 SOLD
2013 Rhys Pinot Noir Home Vineyard $70 SOLD
2011 Rhys Pinot Noir Family Farm Vineyard $55 SOLD
2011 Copain Pinot Noir Kiser En Haut $45 SOLD
2011 Copain Pinot Noir Kiser En Bas $45 (buy both and try them side by side!) SOLD
2010 A Tribute to Grace Grenache Santa Barbara Highlands Vineyard $35 x 2 SOLD
2012 Bedrock Cabernet Sauvignon Moon Mountain Kamen Vineyard $65. SOLD
2013 Anthill Farms Pinot Noir Abbey Harris $45 x 2 ONE SOLD ONE REMAINING
2010 Anthill Farms Pinot Noir Abbey Harris $55 SOLD
2010 Anthill Farms Pinot Noir Comptche Ridge $45 SOLD
2009 Anthill Farms Pinot Noir Comptche Ridge $40 SOLD
2013 Anthill Farms Grenache Steel Plow Vineyard $30 SOLD
2012 Arcadian Chardonnay Clos Pepe Vineyard $40 SOLD
2003 Arcadian Pinot Noir Pisoni Vineyard $60 SOLD
2012 Windy Oaks Estate Pinot Noir Terra Narro Schultze Family Vineyard $25 SOLD

Some details:

• Please PM me on the site with your orders.

• 100% of the purchase price (excluding shipping) will go to the Free Wheelchair Mission. After I receive the funds, I will send you a photo of the charitable receipt, as well as of course sending you the wines.

• Buyer pays the actual cost of shipping. I can ship at any time after receipt of payment in coordination with your wishes, with the wines maintained in proper storage in the meantime.

• Each of the bottles was purchased directly from the winery, or at retail at or near release, and they have spent the entire time since my receipt at 55 to 59 degrees inside temperature and humidity controlled wine storage cabinets.

• Check, Paypal or Venmo are acceptable forms of payment. Buyer pays any accompanying fees.

• Shipping and all risk transfer to the buyer upon my depositing the shipment into the mail. I unfortunately cannot warrant against corked or flawed bottles.

• Please buy with confidence, as I have perfect feedback on Commerce Corner and am a longtime regular on the board with many personal connections and references.

• Although how you handle your tax matters are your own private affairs, please note that I am not a registered charity under the tax code, but just an individual.

Thank you for your generosity, let’s make the world a better place together, and also get you some terrific wines for your cellar and your dinner table.

Hey Chris,
I don’t have any room for anymore wine but will donate $5 for every bottle on this list that is sold.
If you sell all of the wine you get another chair. Place your orders folks.

Mike, that’s really awesome of you, thanks for the support. This community does some great things together. I’ll let you know the final tally at the end of the road.

I hope the rebuilding process has gone as well as could be for you and Dana – watching the current fires has got to be a pretty stark experience for you!

Been some rough days in the Thousand Oaks area where we are renting. Borderline murders and 2 different fires on consecutive days in the area. Folks are finally able to grieve for those that were lost. [cry.gif]

Mike what a great example from you to pay it forward after the support you have received. Although I have done a lot myself to help previously, the need is as great as ever. I will respond in kind with matching funds equal to your donation,

Chris -

I’ll buy the 2011 Marc Plouzeau a killer bottle of Loire Cab Franc, but with a little twist: It’s for Todd, on me, for creating this wonderful place. I think you guys live nearby, so defer to him on pick-up. If it needs to be shipped, I’ll cover it. My only request to Todd is that he post a note, would love to see his honest thoughts on such a unique wine.

PM me your addy and I’ll send check.

Great stuff guys and great really nice Chris! I don’t really have any room for more wine either so I will also donate the $5 per bottle even if you can’t sell it all Chris and double it if you do. And Mike hope to see you and Dana soon.

Thank you, Jonathan, Robert and Scott. It’s amazing to see the multiplier effect here of your generosity.

What this means to the prospective buyer is that every bottle you buy will not only direct the full purchase price to support The Free Wheelchair Mission, but it will be joined by an additional $20 per bottle donated by Jonathan, Scott and Mike.

Robert, I’m happy to pass the Plouzeau bottle off to The Toddfather. I’ll see him at Falltacular if not sooner.

And another Berserker, who wishes to remain anonymous, offered up a bottle of 2010 Marcassin Pinot Noir Marcassin Vineyard. I’ll add it to the list above, priced at significantly below the low WSPro and below the auction price listed on CT.

I’ll be the go-between for managing the shipping of that bottle to the buyer.

Hey Chris, love what you’re doing! Just sent you a message to buy a few bottles

Same here - message and email sent to buy a few bottles.

Great thing you’re doing here - kudos

Thanks Evan! I haven’t gotten your messages - if you prefer, you can PM, or you can also email me at cj Seiber AT yahoo dot com.

Wanted to let you know, I learned of this charitable organization through this message – and will be working with them to see if they can send a container worth of wheelchairs to a particular school in need of wheelchairs. So there is a potential multiplier effect here!

I updated the list for the commitments to buy, plus I reduced the price of every single remaining bottle. I’m not making any money here, I just want to move some great wine and raise as much as I can for a great cause.

Remember, thanks to generous commitments above in the thread, every bottle is joined by an added $20. Buy 2013 Rhys Pinot Noir Home Vineyard for $70,
2011 Rhys Pinot Noir Family Farm Vineyard for $55 (crazy good prices), and $165 will go to the charity.

Thank you everyone!

Updated to add two bottles of 2011 Kutch Pinot Noir McDougall, generously donated by WBer Cary Rosner. Thanks Cary!

Put me down for that Rhys Home

Awesome, Steve. I’ll hand that off to you when I see you next week. Pay whatever way is convenient for you.

Just seeing this. What a great cause!

I’ll happily take a Kutch and the 09’ Anthill. Can meet you whenever is convenient. Cheers brother.

Okay, just to wrap this up, I ended up getting $1,160 from the sale of the 20 bottles, plus a $50 donation from Alan Rath. I’ll post a copy of the $1,210 donation receipt below. I made it in the name of the Wine Berserker community, though that doesn’t show on the tax receipt here.

With the matching gift pledges from Mike Stoneking, Jonathan Sirot and Scott Watkins, that would bring us to $1,510. Which means that 19 disabled people in the third world will get a life-changing gift of a new wheelchair.

So everyone should feel really good about what we did here together. Thank you all for the support in all its various forms - donations, purchases, matching, and encouragement.

F9F52001-75B2-455F-94B7-A78C0CB88649.jpeg