My final Berserker offer - DONE and Dusted

Because it is not possible for me to do “per bottle” discounts, see “NOTE” below. Alternatively, you can just send me an email with what you’d like and your billing and shipping addresses and phones. I’ll take it from there. Thanks.

The long, slow liquidation of Congruence Wines has hit its last month. I’ve continued the process for longer than I thought originally because sales were steady (if slow at times). But … everything must go by the end of November. I have some small amounts of a few of the other wines remaining, but I have to deal with the proverbial “red-headed stepchild” - my 2011s.

I’m aware of the reputation of the vintage, but I think if you take a chance with these wines, especially at these prices, you will be pleased.

First, the 2011 Napa cabernet sauvignon. This one depends on your sensitivity, and aversion level, to pyrazine (green) notes. I myself am highly sensitive and moderately-strongly adverse to them. I have customers who are not sensitive and/or not adverse to them who enjoy the wine as it is. For me, I’ve been playing around for an approach that maximizes my enjoyment. I remain convinced that the wine needs, more than anything, another 5-7 years in bottle to show its best. But in the meantime, I’ve found that decanting the wine and leaving it exposed to air in the decanter for 6-8 hours prior to serving makes the pyrazine notes fade/integrate/resolve, whatever term is best for you. At that point, I find the wine to be very rich and complex, probably the most deep and layered cab that I’ve made.

The 2011 Coombsville Reserve doesn’t suffer from excessive pyrazine notes, and ironically, is much more ready to drink p’n’p. I think it’s almost as good as the 2010 Coombsville Reserve. It will probably improve for several years, but is very approachable today. 50% of the fruit is from what is now Paul Hobbs’ re-named Nathan Coombs Vineyard (new oak until first racking and then older barrels) and 50% is from Reverence Vineyard (once used barrels), directly across the road and up the hill from Caldwell.

On the the offer. I’ve lowered the price on my website (http://congruence.securewinemerchant.com/store) to $30 for the Napa and $40 for the Coombsville Reserve. In addition, I have put in a discount code “WB11/2018” which will take another $10 per bottle off the price. So (obviously, I guess), with the code the prices will be $20 and $30 respectively. Shipping is free for orders of 12 bottles or more.

If you can’t place the order on the website because you live in a “bad” state, email me at steve@congruencewines.com and we’ll see what we can work out. Similarly, if you want to inquire about the other wines that are remaining (small amounts of the 2011 Grist Zinfandel, 2012 Las Cerezas Sauvignon Blanc, 2008 and 2009 Napa cabs - all other wines are sold out), shoot me an email.

Thanks for all the support over the years. It’s been a fun and rewarding journey. [cheers.gif]

NOTE: I am not permitted to do “per bottle” discounts, so contact me before you place an order and I will give you a personal, one-time discount code so the appropriate amount can be deducted from the order. Sorry for the inconvenience.

********** When you do the order, chose FedEx Ground in order to get free shipping. The parent LLC also won’t change the default shipping to ground. :frowning: ******************

The parent LLC also does not allow multiple discount codes, so I can’t do % discounts, which they allow, because the dollar amounts for the prices are not the same.

At least you can understand my frustration with the parent LLC. You have to do it only on your order. I have to deal with every order. [cheers.gif]

CellarTracker notes on the 2011 Napa cab (only one note on the Coombsville Reserve unfortunately):

Steve,

I built a cart and tried the code for a case purchase of the Coombsville but it only took off $10 off the total, not $10/bottle? You might have an issue there?

Steve… just placed an order, but the promo code took $10 off my total order, not $10 on each bottle of cab. Just FYI.

Thanks. I noticed that. If you can believe it, I’ve tried to get my parent LLC to allow “per bottle” discounts for 5 years and they won’t do it. I’ll take care of it. Sorry about that.

So I should place my order and you will handle it on the back end?

Best to send me an email with what you want to order and I will set up a personal, one-time code to take off the proper amount. After 5 years, I can’t believe a “per bottle” discount isn’t in place.

Thanks Steve.

I really like this wine. I just bought a case recently. I don’t have an aversion to the “green” notes. I think they come across more as licorice root, but that is my palate. It needs some air, but it drinks well now and should for years yet.

That’s interesting, because it took me a long time to nail down what the note was. Then I had an herbal tea with licorice root in it and it was an “aha moment”. That is exactly what it is. But unless you have had licorice root, you wouldn’t understand.

Steve, the discount code takes $10 off of the total order not off each bottle. So a case goes from $360 to $350 and not to $240.

Otto… see posts numbers 3 and 4 above.

Thanks Bud.

Yes. They still haven’t made a per bottle discount possible. Shoot me an email with what you would like and billing and shipping (if different than billing) addresses and phones. Thanks.

Email sent.

I probably should have mentioned that the Coombsville Reserve is 50% from what is now known as Nathan Coombs Vineyard (owned by Paul Hobbs) in new oak until first racking and then older barrels after the first racking and 50% from Reverence Vineyard, directly across the road and slightly uphill from Caldwell, in once-used oak. Dedicated rows from both vineyards. So the pedigree is pretty good.

Got it and filled. Thanks.

I will be going out of town to attend a reunion for my 1973 college football team beginning today. I will not be checking emails and will not have access to my ordering system until my return on Monday. Thanks for understanding.

Steve,

What are the abvs and pH levels on these? (if you know, and are willing to disclose). Thank you!

email to be sent shortly … [cheers.gif]