My final Berserker offer - DONE and Dusted

Buy, sell, and trade goods with other forum members - private sales only.
Forum rules
If you have a negative or potentially harmful comment to make about another poster's pricing or offer, send a Private Message - do not reply here on the forum. Public comments about pricing or the offer being made will be deleted. Do NOT post links to your auctions where items are sold elsewhere or your post will be deleted. Repeated misuse will result in loss of access to this forum. DO NOT POST UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THE COMMERCE CORNER RULES THREAD BELOW!
Steve Eisenhauer
GCC Member
GCC Member

My final Berserker offer - DONE and Dusted

#1 Post by Steve Eisenhauer » November 1st, 2018, 8:12 am

Because it is not possible for me to do "per bottle" discounts, see "NOTE" below. Alternatively, you can just send me an email with what you'd like and your billing and shipping addresses and phones. I'll take it from there. Thanks.

The long, slow liquidation of Congruence Wines has hit its last month. I've continued the process for longer than I thought originally because sales were steady (if slow at times). But ... everything must go by the end of November. I have some small amounts of a few of the other wines remaining, but I have to deal with the proverbial "red-headed stepchild" - my 2011s.

I'm aware of the reputation of the vintage, but I think if you take a chance with these wines, especially at these prices, you will be pleased.

First, the 2011 Napa cabernet sauvignon. This one depends on your sensitivity, and aversion level, to pyrazine (green) notes. I myself am highly sensitive and moderately-strongly adverse to them. I have customers who are not sensitive and/or not adverse to them who enjoy the wine as it is. For me, I've been playing around for an approach that maximizes my enjoyment. I remain convinced that the wine needs, more than anything, another 5-7 years in bottle to show its best. But in the meantime, I've found that decanting the wine and leaving it exposed to air in the decanter for 6-8 hours prior to serving makes the pyrazine notes fade/integrate/resolve, whatever term is best for you. At that point, I find the wine to be very rich and complex, probably the most deep and layered cab that I've made.

The 2011 Coombsville Reserve doesn't suffer from excessive pyrazine notes, and ironically, is much more ready to drink p'n'p. I think it's almost as good as the 2010 Coombsville Reserve. It will probably improve for several years, but is very approachable today. 50% of the fruit is from what is now Paul Hobbs' re-named Nathan Coombs Vineyard (new oak until first racking and then older barrels) and 50% is from Reverence Vineyard (once used barrels), directly across the road and up the hill from Caldwell.

On the the offer. I've lowered the price on my website (http://congruence.securewinemerchant.com/store) to $30 for the Napa and $40 for the Coombsville Reserve. In addition, I have put in a discount code "WB11/2018" which will take another $10 per bottle off the price. So (obviously, I guess), with the code the prices will be $20 and $30 respectively. Shipping is free for orders of 12 bottles or more.

If you can't place the order on the website because you live in a "bad" state, email me at steve@congruencewines.com and we'll see what we can work out. Similarly, if you want to inquire about the other wines that are remaining (small amounts of the 2011 Grist Zinfandel, 2012 Las Cerezas Sauvignon Blanc, 2008 and 2009 Napa cabs - all other wines are sold out), shoot me an email.

Thanks for all the support over the years. It's been a fun and rewarding journey. [cheers.gif]

*********NOTE: I am not permitted to do "per bottle" discounts, so contact me before you place an order and I will give you a personal, one-time discount code so the appropriate amount can be deducted from the order. Sorry for the inconvenience.*********

********** When you do the order, chose FedEx Ground in order to get free shipping. The parent LLC also won't change the default shipping to ground. :( ******************

The parent LLC also does not allow multiple discount codes, so I can't do % discounts, which they allow, because the dollar amounts for the prices are not the same.

At least you can understand my frustration with the parent LLC. You have to do it only on your order. I have to deal with every order. [cheers.gif]
Last edited by Steve Eisenhauer on November 20th, 2018, 3:29 pm, edited 14 times in total.
ITB - Congruence Wines

Steve Eisenhauer
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: My final Berserker offer

#2 Post by Steve Eisenhauer » November 1st, 2018, 8:26 am

CellarTracker notes on the 2011 Napa cab (only one note on the Coombsville Reserve unfortunately):

https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp? ... 663000044f
ITB - Congruence Wines

R. Gleiberm@n
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3 Post by R. Gleiberm@n » November 1st, 2018, 8:34 am

Steve Eisenhauer wrote:
November 1st, 2018, 8:26 am
CellarTracker notes on the 2011 Napa cab (only one note on the Coombsville Reserve unfortunately):

https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp? ... 663000044f
Steve,

I built a cart and tried the code for a case purchase of the Coombsville but it only took off $10 off the total, not $10/bottle? You might have an issue there?
R odney

"You guys playin' cards?"

Bud Carey
GCC Member
GCC Member

#4 Post by Bud Carey » November 1st, 2018, 8:36 am

Steve... just placed an order, but the promo code took $10 off my total order, not $10 on each bottle of cab. Just FYI.
Budman

Steve Eisenhauer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#5 Post by Steve Eisenhauer » November 1st, 2018, 8:40 am

Bud Carey wrote:
November 1st, 2018, 8:36 am
Steve... just placed an order, but the promo code took $10 off my total order, not $10 on each bottle of cab. Just FYI.
Thanks. I noticed that. If you can believe it, I've tried to get my parent LLC to allow "per bottle" discounts for 5 years and they won't do it. I'll take care of it. Sorry about that.
ITB - Congruence Wines

R. Gleiberm@n
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6 Post by R. Gleiberm@n » November 1st, 2018, 8:41 am

Steve Eisenhauer wrote:
November 1st, 2018, 8:40 am
Bud Carey wrote:
Thanks. I noticed that. If you can believe it, I've tried to get my parent LLC to allow "per bottle" discounts for 5 years and they won't do it. I'll take care of it. Sorry about that.
So I should place my order and you will handle it on the back end?
R odney

"You guys playin' cards?"

Steve Eisenhauer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7 Post by Steve Eisenhauer » November 1st, 2018, 8:43 am

R. Gleiberm@n wrote:
November 1st, 2018, 8:41 am
Steve Eisenhauer wrote:
Bud Carey wrote:
Best to send me an email with what you want to order and I will set up a personal, one-time code to take off the proper amount. After 5 years, I can't believe a "per bottle" discount isn't in place.
ITB - Congruence Wines

Bud Carey
GCC Member
GCC Member

#8 Post by Bud Carey » November 1st, 2018, 8:52 am

Thanks Steve.
Budman

Michael Martin
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9 Post by Michael Martin » November 1st, 2018, 9:03 am

I really like this wine. I just bought a case recently. I don't have an aversion to the "green" notes. I think they come across more as licorice root, but that is my palate. It needs some air, but it drinks well now and should for years yet.

Steve Eisenhauer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#10 Post by Steve Eisenhauer » November 1st, 2018, 9:09 am

Michael Martin wrote:
November 1st, 2018, 9:03 am
I really like this wine. I just bought a case recently. I don't have an aversion to the "green" notes. I think they come across more as licorice root, but that is my palate. It needs some air, but it drinks well now and should for years yet.
That's interesting, because it took me a long time to nail down what the note was. Then I had an herbal tea with licorice root in it and it was an "aha moment". That is exactly what it is. But unless you have had licorice root, you wouldn't understand.
ITB - Congruence Wines

Otto Dobre
GCC Member
GCC Member

#11 Post by Otto Dobre » November 1st, 2018, 9:37 am

Steve, the discount code takes $10 off of the total order not off each bottle. So a case goes from $360 to $350 and not to $240.

Bud Carey
GCC Member
GCC Member

#12 Post by Bud Carey » November 1st, 2018, 9:44 am

Otto... see posts numbers 3 and 4 above.
Budman

Otto Dobre
GCC Member
GCC Member

#13 Post by Otto Dobre » November 1st, 2018, 10:33 am

Bud Carey wrote:
November 1st, 2018, 9:44 am
Otto... see posts numbers 3 and 4 above.
Thanks Bud.

Steve Eisenhauer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14 Post by Steve Eisenhauer » November 1st, 2018, 11:59 am

Otto Dobre wrote:
November 1st, 2018, 9:37 am
Steve, the discount code takes $10 off of the total order not off each bottle. So a case goes from $360 to $350 and not to $240.
Yes. They still haven't made a per bottle discount possible. Shoot me an email with what you would like and billing and shipping (if different than billing) addresses and phones. Thanks.
ITB - Congruence Wines

Otto Dobre
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15 Post by Otto Dobre » November 1st, 2018, 1:32 pm

Email sent.

Steve Eisenhauer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16 Post by Steve Eisenhauer » November 1st, 2018, 2:13 pm

I probably should have mentioned that the Coombsville Reserve is 50% from what is now known as Nathan Coombs Vineyard (owned by Paul Hobbs) in new oak until first racking and then older barrels after the first racking and 50% from Reverence Vineyard, directly across the road and slightly uphill from Caldwell, in once-used oak. Dedicated rows from both vineyards. So the pedigree is pretty good.
ITB - Congruence Wines

Steve Eisenhauer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#17 Post by Steve Eisenhauer » November 1st, 2018, 2:16 pm

Otto Dobre wrote:
November 1st, 2018, 1:32 pm
Email sent.
Got it and filled. Thanks.
ITB - Congruence Wines

Steve Eisenhauer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#18 Post by Steve Eisenhauer » November 2nd, 2018, 8:17 am

I will be going out of town to attend a reunion for my 1973 college football team beginning today. I will not be checking emails and will not have access to my ordering system until my return on Monday. Thanks for understanding.
ITB - Congruence Wines

Brian G r a f s t r o m

#19 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » November 5th, 2018, 8:34 pm

Steve,

What are the abvs and pH levels on these? (if you know, and are willing to disclose). Thank you!
Los Angeles Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury

“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT handle: grafstrb

Peter Shurman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#20 Post by Peter Shurman » November 5th, 2018, 10:14 pm

Steve Eisenhauer wrote:
November 1st, 2018, 8:43 am
R. Gleiberm@n wrote:
November 1st, 2018, 8:41 am
Steve Eisenhauer wrote:

Best to send me an email with what you want to order and I will set up a personal, one-time code to take off the proper amount. After 5 years, I can't believe a "per bottle" discount isn't in place.
email to be sent shortly ... [cheers.gif]
keeping those ITB in business

Steve Eisenhauer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#21 Post by Steve Eisenhauer » November 9th, 2018, 7:02 am

I'm taking a few days break on any sales other than 2011s. Inventories are very low on all other wines. There might be one case each of the sauvignon blanc and Grist zinfandel available from the California inventory. I'll have to do some reconciliations to see if there is anything else left. But feel free to contact me about the 2011s. Thanks for all your support! [cheers.gif]
ITB - Congruence Wines

Bud Carey
GCC Member
GCC Member

#22 Post by Bud Carey » November 9th, 2018, 7:10 am

My case arrived yesterday. Thanks, Steve.
Budman

Brian G r a f s t r o m

#23 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » November 9th, 2018, 7:19 am

Brian G r a f s t r o m wrote:
November 5th, 2018, 8:34 pm
Steve,

What are the abvs and pH levels on these? (if you know, and are willing to disclose). Thank you!
This question is re: the 2011s, by the way.

“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

Steve Eisenhauer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#24 Post by Steve Eisenhauer » November 9th, 2018, 7:56 am

I'll have to double-check, but my cabs are pretty consistently in the 14.5-14.8 range. I'd have to dig for the pH level.
ITB - Congruence Wines

Brian G r a f s t r o m

#25 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » November 9th, 2018, 8:49 am

Ok. Thanks...do you have even a general sense? That would be fine. More, or less, than 3.7? (An arbitrary number)

Steve Eisenhauer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#26 Post by Steve Eisenhauer » November 9th, 2018, 10:20 am

Honestly, I forget. I will say that I always tried to get early-picked grapes (as soon after flavor ripeness as practicable) and my cabs generally have very good acidity.
ITB - Congruence Wines

Steve Eisenhauer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#27 Post by Steve Eisenhauer » November 9th, 2018, 11:08 am

2011 Napa
pH: 3.75
TA: 6.2 g/L
ABV: 14.5%

2011 Reserve
pH: 3.78
TA: 6.1 g/L
ABV: 14.7%
ITB - Congruence Wines

Brian G r a f s t r o m

#28 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » November 10th, 2018, 8:46 am

Nice. Thank you thank you!

Steve Eisenhauer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#29 Post by Steve Eisenhauer » November 13th, 2018, 7:22 pm

I've spent a lot of time figuring out what remains at this point (which isn't easy given the bizarre inventory management "system" my parent LLC utilizes - i.e. there is no such thing as book inventory) over the last few days and can report:

Sold out - 2009 Napa cab, 2010 Napa cab, 2010 Coombsville Reserve, 2013 Six Acre cab, 2014 Ginger's and Rusty's Cuvee cabs, 2011 Sebastiano Pinot Noir

Remaining - 1 case 2011 Grist Vineyard Zin ($25), 1 case 2012 Las Cerezas Sauvignon Blanc (both in Sonoma only), 9 cases 2008 Napa cab (east coast only)

2011 Napa cab (10 cases in Sonoma, 17 cases on east coast); 2011 Coombsville Reserve (16 cases in Sonoma, 8 cases on east coast)

That's all, folks.
ITB - Congruence Wines

Otto Dobre
GCC Member
GCC Member

#30 Post by Otto Dobre » November 14th, 2018, 10:24 pm

Steve, can I get another case of the regular 2011? Do you need new payment info?

Thanks,
Otto

Berg Atkinson

#31 Post by Berg Atkinson » November 14th, 2018, 10:35 pm

Good call Otto, I've bought 4 cases of '11 at this point, ridiculous deal on great wines.
- Berg
WineBerg on CT

Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member

#32 Post by Brian Tuite » November 15th, 2018, 6:52 am

Steve, did you get my email from Tuesday?
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

"Something so subtle only I can detect it." ~ Randy Bowman

2019 WOTY...

Steve Eisenhauer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#33 Post by Steve Eisenhauer » November 15th, 2018, 11:08 am

Otto Dobre wrote:
November 14th, 2018, 10:24 pm
Steve, can I get another case of the regular 2011? Do you need new payment info?

Thanks,
Otto
All set, Otto. Thanks!
ITB - Congruence Wines

Steve Eisenhauer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#34 Post by Steve Eisenhauer » November 15th, 2018, 11:08 am

Brian Tuite wrote:
November 15th, 2018, 6:52 am
Steve, did you get my email from Tuesday?
No, but we are all good now. [cheers.gif]
ITB - Congruence Wines

Nate Simon
GCC Member
GCC Member

#35 Post by Nate Simon » November 15th, 2018, 12:04 pm

Email sent.

Steve Eisenhauer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#36 Post by Steve Eisenhauer » November 15th, 2018, 1:17 pm

Add the 2008 Napa to the "sold out" list. Thank you!
ITB - Congruence Wines

Steve Eisenhauer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#37 Post by Steve Eisenhauer » November 15th, 2018, 1:24 pm

Nate Simon wrote:
November 15th, 2018, 12:04 pm
Email sent.
Not received. ?
ITB - Congruence Wines

Nate Simon
GCC Member
GCC Member

#38 Post by Nate Simon » November 15th, 2018, 1:31 pm

Sorry, may have had issues with my email configuration. I sent it again.

Steve Eisenhauer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#39 Post by Steve Eisenhauer » November 15th, 2018, 2:00 pm

Nate Simon wrote:
November 15th, 2018, 1:31 pm
Sorry, may have had issues with my email configuration. I sent it again.
We're good.

Btw, I had a cancelled order so there are still 2 cases of 2008 Napa cab available.
ITB - Congruence Wines

ykwon
GCC Member
GCC Member

#40 Post by ykwon » November 15th, 2018, 2:46 pm

Email send re the 2008.
y 0 n 9
k w 0 n

Steve Eisenhauer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#41 Post by Steve Eisenhauer » November 16th, 2018, 9:24 am

The 2008s are back on the "sold out" list.
ITB - Congruence Wines

Steve Eisenhauer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#42 Post by Steve Eisenhauer » November 16th, 2018, 9:02 pm

It seems like the 2011 Napa is all gone from Sonoma inventory at this point.
ITB - Congruence Wines

Nate Simon
GCC Member
GCC Member

#43 Post by Nate Simon » November 18th, 2018, 3:08 pm

Glad I got in on this offer! Excited to try the wine.

Steve Eisenhauer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#44 Post by Steve Eisenhauer » November 19th, 2018, 7:54 am

As a practical matter, any remaining orders should be placed today, tomorrow and Wednesday and lined up for shipping on Monday, 11/26.
ITB - Congruence Wines

Rajesh P a r i k h

Re: My final Berserker offer - Last 3 days, 11/19-21

#45 Post by Rajesh P a r i k h » November 19th, 2018, 11:14 am

Looks like everything is sold out except for the SB :(

Steve Eisenhauer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#46 Post by Steve Eisenhauer » November 19th, 2018, 2:32 pm

Rajesh P a r i k h wrote:
November 19th, 2018, 11:14 am
Looks like everything is sold out except for the SB :(
That shouldn't be. If you said the 2011 Coombsville Reserve, I'd be on board. That is the only thing left in Sonoma. Let me check into it.
ITB - Congruence Wines

Steve Eisenhauer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#47 Post by Steve Eisenhauer » November 20th, 2018, 7:00 am

I've had no reply to my inquiry, but I know I have stock of the 2011 Coombsville Reserve in Sonoma and both 2011s in NJ. Contacting me is the best (only?) way to get these wines for the moment (or the next 38 hours). [cheers.gif]
ITB - Congruence Wines

RDHudak
GCC Member
GCC Member

#48 Post by RDHudak » November 20th, 2018, 12:32 pm

I had a bottle of the '11 Napa the other night and really enjoyed it. We decanted for 3 hours and it was gone quickly. A bit restrained initially, it continues to get better until the last delicious sip.

Steve Eisenhauer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#49 Post by Steve Eisenhauer » November 20th, 2018, 1:30 pm

RDHudak wrote:
November 20th, 2018, 12:32 pm
I had a bottle of the '11 Napa the other night and really enjoyed it. We decanted for 3 hours and it was gone quickly. A bit restrained initially, it continues to get better until the last delicious sip.
Thanks for the note.

As it is, I had a large purchase this morning and I am officially DONE. Thanks to all for the support over the years! [cheers.gif]
ITB - Congruence Wines

Michael Martin
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: My final Berserker offer - DONE and Dusted

#50 Post by Michael Martin » November 20th, 2018, 4:25 pm

Thanks Steve for offering the wines at the discounted prices. They are a treat to drink.

Return to “Commerce Corner - Wine Classifieds”