A5-grade Japanese Wagyu offer 25% off "Flights"

Dear Berserkers,

Without a doubt, Japanese Wagyu is the most terroir-driven beef you can buy. The flavors and intra-muscular fat structures change from prefecture-to-prefecture based on genetics isolated during the Shogun era, feed protocols, and environment. The difference between a ribeye from the cold northern Island of Hokkaido versus a ribeye from the southern Island of Kyushu (Kagoshima-prefecture) is enlightening. Purpose-fed programs such as Sanuki Olive Beef are fed roasted olives to finish them out just as one would put a wine into barrel to influence its flavors and structures.

Surprisingly, Japanese Wagyu is very easy to cook - all you need is a hot pan and some good salt.

To entice you to try out Japanese Wagyu in your home own, I am offering 25% off Wagyu Flights. Build your own flight of three or more A5-grade Wagyu steaks or choose one our curated Steak Flight samplers on our website www.HolyGrailSteak.com using coupon code HGFLIGHT. Remember, 2-day FedEx is included with all steak flights and any order over $199.

These make awesome dinner parties and are fascinating to pair with an array of wines…I recommend more mineral-driven reds and whites and Champagne. Bigger reds will work if they have some age on them but youthful, oaky reds will overpower the delicate nuances of Japanese Wagyu.

Simple Cooking Instructions:

1. Defrost your steak (s) in the fridge 24 hours in advance, take it out of the fridge and remove the packaging 30 minutes before cooking. Pat the steak dry and salt to taste.
  2. Using tongs, place your A5-grade Japanese Wagyu directly on the pre-heated to medium high heat pan. Press gently to ensure all surface areas are in contact with the pan to ensure even browning (no oil is necessary as the fat from the wagyu does all the work).
  3. Cook for 3 minutes and flip with tongs, again pressing to ensure even contact.
  4. Cook another 2 ½ minutes and remove from heat. This should result in a medium cooked steak - which is our preference as it melts the internal fat, creating the umami explosion that makes Japanese Wagyu so special.
  5. Let it rest a few minutes, slice and serve. Japanese Wagyu is amazingly satiating and one steak is enough for two, often three, people.

Let me know if I can be of service.

Cameron