Major Cellar Cleansing Again... $900k up for grabs!

Hi all!

Thought I’d initiate myslef on WB (is that what we call it?) by offering up a good chunck of my wine collection. I did this early last year too and it was a great success. Problem is, my buying far outweighs my selling and drinking. So, in anticipation of 09 futures coming up, I need to raise some cash. The list I put together is way to huge to post (about $900,000 worth) , so please IM me with an email address and I’ll send it to you via Excel.

Some highlights include…

Lafite, motuon, margaux, latour from multiple vintages (some large format)
Chateau bottles of Latour back to 1868
2000 Petrus, Lafite, Margaux, Le Pin, Mouton
Le Pin
Yquem
Scarecrow, Screaming Eagle, Sloan
Krug, Dom Oenotheque
07 CDP
La La’s
Opus in large format
Mondavi Reserve
Montelena
Peter Michael
Heitz

Why would one sell aged wine to buy more expensive, newer wine?

So many reasons Roberto… not sure where to start.

As an example though, I can sell a magnum of 92 Screaming Eagle for roughly what it will cost me to buy a case (or more) of 2009 Pin when it comes out. To each his own, but I’d rather have the new Le Pin.

Cheers!
Matt

Just making the laps Roberto…

http://forums.winespectator.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7986076161/m/230101566" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for helping out Bill. I’m not sure what the crossover is here though between WS and WB. And I posted on Ebob today too… Can you think of anywhere else?

Added new wines since the WS posting though.

-Matt

Provenance is the key. If he can show great provenance, then this is great for wine buyers. I think I remember an older offering of some great Bdx from Matt, and while the prices were not bargains, if they have right provenance, that’s the way to aquire matured wines.

As far as why he is selling them, I don’t care, that’s his business. [berserker.gif]

PM sent. I can window shop can’t I?

Matt

Do you have any of these and can give me an idea on pricing.

thanks

89 pich baron
90 pich baron
89 montrose
82 gruaud larose
82 l’evangile

Agreed. But the thread title calls selling these wines “cleansing” his cellar. If getting rid of these cleanses his cellar, I assume that these wines must be contaminating his cellar. Why would I want to put his filthy contaminated wines in my clean cellar? Now, if he is just doing some cellar “clearing”, then that is a whole different matter. neener

Note to Matt - this is just a joke because of your terminology. I do not mean to imply that you are selling bad wine.

Hey Jordan:

Oddly enough, I have none of those! Got some 75 Pichon Baron, but they are hit and miss. I openend up two bottles last week - the first was dead and the second was great. Both from the same case.

Bruce:
Gotcha… that’s actually pretty funny. I wonder why I chose “cleansing”? Maybe subconsciously I was thinking of those crusty wine glasses in the cellar with dried red wine stuck to the bottom that I still haven’t bothered to clean.

Amen Otto!
I learned the hard way when I bought my first 3 bottles of Petrus. A HUGE purchase for me at the time. They were all bad. I never bothered to check anything but price.

Matt,
Any Port in that list?

Sauternes besides Yquem?

Hey Andy!

Just 77 Smith Woodhouse and 80 Warre. I never really got much into port. Are you into Solera too? I’ve got some 1868.

~MAtt

i’ve got some 01 and 03 Rieussec and Suduirat Glenn, but otherwise, just Yquem.

PM’d but nothing in email…?

Whoops… misssed you somehow Mark. Sorry… Just emailed it to you!

hey matt…did i already ask you about '01 and '04 1st grwth?

How about some Scarecrow? -mJ