Intro Holy Grail Steak Co. plus special Berserker discount code

Dear Berserker Friends,

As many of you know, Cameron Hughes Wine was sold to Vintage Wine Estates in early 2017. I still source all the wine and write all the content for CHW but it’s enabled me to work on some new projects that have been close to my heart. The first is one I’ve been exploring for many years as I sought to provide consumer’s with access to the same steaks you’d find in the best restaurants. As you can imagine, I’ve done countless steak dinners over my 20 year in the wine business so I like to think I know a great cut of beef. In fact, it was that knowledge coupled with disappointment in what I could purchase locally that first led me to want to offer steaks on CHWine - which we almost did back in 2014/2015 but just couldn’t find the time.

So, over the past two years I’ve built out a network of the best US farms and top Japanese Wagyu importers to assemble what I believe to be the single greatest portfolio of beef on the planet, the Holy Grail of steaks if you will. Hence, Holy Grail Steak Co. www.holygrailsteak.com has quietly launched to our wine list and I’d like to get it on your radar screen with a special Berserker 20% discount using coupon code Berserker20 in the checkout or simply click here Buy Japanese & American Wagyu Beef Online | Holy Grail Steak Co.. The already discounted samplers/flights on the home page are excluded from this discount.

Our Japanese A5-grade Wagyu portfolio runs the length of Japan and represents the best producers in the country at both a co-op and single-farm level - Holy Grail Steak Co. is also the only place in the US where you can purchase authentic Kobe Beef online as well as what I consider the best steak I have ever had in my life, Hokkaido Snow Beef. Our US portfolio includes what I think many of you will find to be your Holy Grail Steak, our American-raised Wagyu. It perfectly threads the needle between the lush umami of Japan and the “beefiness” of corn-fed Angus. Of course, our USDA “Upper” Prime Black Angus and American-raised Akaushi (Kumamoto Red Wagyu genetics) kick ass as well along with our 24-28 month 100% grass-fed/finished Black Angus.

So, check it out folks. Feedback and questions are welcome here or via PM.

Cheers!

Cameron
PS - here’s a pic of the American-raised Wagyu strip from our last cut. Pretty much everyone who I’ve grilled it for said it was the best steak they’d ever had.

Sure is pretty, Cameron

Thanks David…tastes good too :slight_smile:

In for the Porfolio Spectrum Sampler. Good luck with this venture – looks exciting.

The steaks look killer. I am also interested in the burgers. I will order on Monday.

If I could find a way to take some to China next month…

great name, too. Will order soon. Soon as wife calms down from the recent Flannery and Lobel’s deliveries.

[wow.gif]

i might have overlooked this, but how large are the cuts in the sampler?

All Ribs and strips are cut to 14oz though much of the Japanese Wagyu steaks are larger than that because they’re huge animals and you can only butcher these steaks so thin…Filets are cut to 8oz spec as are most of the ribcap and “hibachi” cubes (cut from the striploin ends).

Stay tuned…about to post some additional samplers that may be of interest…

Cool - thanks Jay. I have some additional sampler Flights I put together based on feedback - the Berserker20 coupon code applies for 20% off and they all ship free two-day…if you don’t see what you want then assemble your own and use the Berserker20 20% off coupon (orders over $199 ship free).

Steak Nirvana Flight (Strips)- American-raised Wagyu Strips/Burgers plus Upper Prime Angus Strip and Tomahawk… $299 including free 2-day shipping in continental US. https://holygrailsteak.com/products/steak-nirvana-strip-sampler

Steak Nirvana Flight (Ribeye) - just swaps two of the strips above for Ribeye’s. $299 with free 2-day shipping. https://holygrailsteak.com/products/steak-nirvana-ribeye-sampler

God of the Grill Flight - various America-raised Wagyu steaks plus Upper Prime steaks and Tomahawk. $499 with free 2-day shipping. https://holygrailsteak.com/products/grill-god-pack

Super Steak Nirvana (Strip) - incredible assortment of strip steaks including an A5 Shiga Omi…$385 including free 2-day shipping. https://holygrailsteak.com/products/super-steak-nirvana-strip-steak-flight

Super Steak Nirvana (Ribeye) - simialr to above with an Ozaki Farm A5 ribeye from Miyazaki. $385 with free 2-day shipping. https://holygrailsteak.com/products/super-steak-nirvana-ribeye-flight

Hi Cameron,

I am interested in this latest offer. Where do these ship from? (I don’t quite get how they can go ground, the free option, and arrive fresh.)
Also, I would ideally like to receive them the week following this one (especially if they are frozen and will defrost in transit).
Is this a possibility? I don’t see any place to request it on your form.

Thanks,
Josh

Hi Josh - we currently ship out of Ohio and all of our packages arrive in 54 hours of transit (I upgrade any ground order over that travel time to 2-day air until Reno facility launches in couple weeks). We cut, wrap, and blast-freeze to minus 30 within 30 minutes of production so these steaks will defrost good as new in your fridge. I’d argue its better than fresh actually.

To hold an order, simply forward the forward the email order confirmation to Michael at customercare@holygrailprovisions.com and he’ll take care of you. Hopefully we can add that option in checkout down the road.

Cheers!

Cameron

Many thanks, Cameron,

Will do!

As thanksgiving approaches have you given any thought to offering a bone-in Prime Rib Roast?

Hah!..thanks for the reminder :slight_smile:…yes, we will definitely put a variety of holiday items in the rotation.

$299 for an 8 oz of A5 Filet? I don’t eat a lot of this… but aren’t these normally $200ish per lb for raw material?

As a reference point… a local high end steak joint sells miyazaki A5 waygu for around $40 per oz… that’s $320 for 8 oz at a high end restaurant… vs raw material? i don’t mean to criticize… but just want to see what i might be missing. Thanks!

Hi Mark - legit question amigo…so, first off, only A5 Kobe Filet’s get priced that high. Our other A5 Filet’s are priced between $149 for Ozaki Farm and $199 for Hidagyu (8oz. portions or about $19-25/oz.) and both are higher-end producers than straight Miyazaki. Kobe Beef at restaurants is usually priced $60-65/oz so $37/oz on the Grail is a relative bargain. Sure you have to cook it but its the easiest steak to cook in the world in my opinion :slight_smile:. Our A5 wagyu steaks run from $10/oz. for Miyazaki and Kagoshima to about $25/oz or less for Kobe vs restaurants at $40-$65/oz. for the same spread.

Also, as an FYI, filet is considerably more expensive to produce…you only get about half the weight and the yield loss is about 45% vs rib and striploins at about 30-35% YL. Restaurant often sell it at cost or close to it quite frankly.

The other issue with filet, and this is my own opinion, is that I’m not a huge fan of them when it comes to Japanese Wagyu…tenderness is not an issue with A5-grade steak so you might as well get the bang for the buck (and flavor) from ribeyes and strip steaks!

Let me know if this helps.

Cameron

Thanks for the insight Cameron!

Hokkaido Snow Beef is sold at RPM Steak in Chicago and is by far the best steak I’ve ever had in my life. I think it’s $150++ there for 3 oz - worth every penny. Very cool that you’ve sourced it.