A unique chess set that will look great in a game room

This is a unique chess set made of paper maché that was purchased in Mexico several years ago. Each piece is hand painted, and each face is different. I love this set, but we will have no room for it in our new townhouse. The board opens up and will individually stores each piece. This chess set will look great in a game room.
Asking $1,500.
IMG_0667.jpg
IMG_0665.jpg
IMG_0669.jpg
IMG_0668.jpg
Thanks for looking,
Marilyn

board is set up wrong. White space to far right when pieces are lined up.

Alan,

I don’t know how play chess. I just love the board and the pieces. But, I will set it up correctly if you tell me which piece goes where.

Marilyn

pieces are set up fine. Just shift 90 degrees so that the back row pieces have a white square on the right, not a black one. Nice set!

Alan,

Thanks, I will rotate the board accordingly.

It would look great in your home, and I will make you a great deal!

Marilyn

Alan seems to be confusing black and white for scarlet and ecru.

Alan is indeed colorblind.

Regardless of the color, I did get the gist of what Alan was saying. [thankyou.gif]

Marilyn

I always check the board position as well when I see a chessboard, it’s a common mistake eg in movies.

I was at a resort with a giant outdoor chess set that was set up wrong, so I moved the pieces around. Came back an hour later and someone had put it all back.

Looks like a fun set, I wish I had a place for it. The “king” looks very similar to the “rook,” although unarmed. Can’t really make out the queen.