FS: Aged Riesling 6 pack - Prum --- Selbach-Oster - SOLD

I find myself rarely drinking Riesling these days so…

Purchased either from K&L Wines or Garagiste. All stored in temperature controlled offsite storage since purchase, until recently brought to my home cellar. Strongly prefer local pickup in Sonoma County or San Francisco but will ship at buyers risk and cost. PM if interested.

2 2005 Selbach-Oster Riesling Spatlese AP 2 606 319 044 06 $45 each
From Garagiste: We had one shot to get this wine, only 56 cases for the US, so I took all of it- it is definitely one of the best values of the 2005 vintage and a perfect example of what the vintage contains in this area of the Mosel. If you age your Wehlener Spatlese from yesterday’s offer, this will drink sooner but will still age for decades.

This was going to be the Graacher-Himmelreich Spatlese but at the last minute, Johannes decided to add Zeltinger fruit to make it an artistic representation of 2005, sort of a winemaker’s cuvee of the year. It was supposed to be at the same price as the W-S Spatlese but he could not call it a single vineyard wine and therefore lowered the price a few Euros - why, I’m not sure as the quality is superior to almost every other wine in Germany at this price level. Without going into excessive detail (I think I did enough of that yesterday), this wine has it all - crystalline freshness, minerality, fabulous acidity, depth and elegance. In a word - excellent. Spatlese like this from 2005 just does not come at this price-point - it is guilt-free choice at the very highest level. This year’s 2001 Christoffel Urziger Wurzgarten Spatlese at a similar price?

This was one of my favorite wines in all of the Mosel for what it was (it was also very well received yesterday at the Terry Thiese tasting). Johannes loves this wine and it’s easy to see why. If you are just getting into German Riesling or are are the most serious collector, this is for you:

2 2005 J.J. Prum Graacher Himmelreich Auslese AP 2 576 511 13 06 $75 each
95 points Stephen Tanzer’s International Wine Cellar
Pale golden yellow. Restrained aromas of yellow plum, quince jelly and acacia honey, with a hint of spicy botrytis. Pure, rich and complex on the palate, with subtle nut oil and brown spice notes giving a lightness to the creamy custard flavor. The lift and delicacy persist on the bright, stylish, succulent and very long finish. (JP) (1/2007)

95 points Wine Spectator
Slightly reduced in aroma, yet very pure and delicate, showing apple and peach notes, with a touch of herb and mineral. Gossamer in texture, with a spine of acidity, ending with a mouthwatering finish. Needs time. Best from 2010 through 2030. (BS) (4/2007)

93-94 points Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate
The 2005 Graacher Himmelreich Riesling Auslese smells of flambeed peach, lemon meringue, and black currant preserves. On the cusp of B.A. in must weight and honied richness, it preserves the liveliness and lightness of touch and sheer drinkability conveyed by fresh grapes. Seductive inner-mouth perfume of flowers and spices overlie a tropically opulent, subtly botrytized pool of fruit that remains transparent to mineral nuances. Insistent citricity keeps the flavors lively through to a finish of refinement and lift. For all of its youthful sweetness, this has undeniable immediate appeal, yet one can be confident of at least three decades satisfying development in the bottle. (DS) (2/2007)

94 points Wine Enthusiast
Strongly marked by rather stinky aromas at first, this wine reveals its full majesty on the palate, where it’s lush and round without being soft, filled with baked apple, vanilla, honey and spice notes balanced by ripe acidity. Layered and long on the finish, where it reveals more complexity with every sip. Give it a vigorous decanting if you open a bottle now, or wait 10-20 years, maybe longer. Editors’ Choice (JC) (10/2007)

93 points Wine & Spirits
No tasting note given. (4/2007)

Jancis Robinson
2005 was an exceptional year: early budding, no frost, quick and even flowering, then a varied summer. It was not that warm, a bit rainy, things looked poor and then suddenly from mid September right through October they were hit with a perfect Indian summer. Most grapes were harvested at Auslese level and above. 30% lower crops due to the cool summer. Plenty of petillance, pale lemon gold. A gentle nose, white blossom (hawthorn), talcum powder. Minerality in its most fingertip-delicate expression. Delicate on the palate as well. Essence of white peach. Nectarines. Terribly terribly pretty. Dances with the lightest of point on the tongue. Exquisite balance. Really persistent, floral, and with a depth of flavour that takes my breath away. Every time I taste it there is something else. Stunning. 18.5/20 points. (TC) (5/2013)

2 2005 J.J. Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Spatlese AP 2 576 511 12 06 $ 75 each
95 points Wine Enthusiast
Leesy and sulfury, this wine is fully possessed of the ‘Prüm stink’, yet equally obvious is its incredible intensity and depth. Waves of tropical fruit–think guava and pineapple–cascade over the palate, yet the sweetness is beautifully balanced by acidity. Tremendously concentrated and long on the finish, this should easily live 20 years or more. (6/2007)

95 points Wine Spectator
Aromas of lilac and hot slate after a rain segue into vivid peach and lime flavors. Has great definition and grace, with resonant energy and something in reserve. Lovely, silky texture. The fine, mineral aftertaste shows its ultimate potential. Collectables (BS) (2/2007)

92-93 points Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate
A 2005 Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Spatlese imposingly concentrates aromas and flavors of flowers, nut oils, orchard and citrus fruits, and vanilla. Displaying the juxtaposition of creamy, imposingly oily texture with mouth-watering acidity that is a 2005 hallmark chez Joh. Jos. Prum, this Spatlese offers a depth, generosity, and diversity of fruits – apple, peach, lemon, pineapple – underlain by wet stone, nut oils, and vanilla, that present a compelling picture of a great site. (DS) (2/2007)

93 points Vinous
Pale yellow with green highlights. Enticing aromas of white cherry, yellow plum and toasted almond. Sweet, delicate and creamy on the palate, with sweet herbal essences and a tight, almost pungent acidity. Lemon curd and slate animate a compelling finish of outstanding length. (JBP) (1/2007)

How much for the six pack?

$350