Skate Fund Complete!

pulled for my cellar!

Wow… that’s a nice list of things you are selling.
i’m more curious how much are the skates that your daughter needs? like ice skates?
aren’t those like $100? hahaha

Her boots are 940.00 and blades will be 475.00 all pre tax cost. Hope these will be last pair I have to buy, Next ones should come from sponsor if all goes to plan.

WOW!! ok so professional skater… Damn that’s costly…

No not professional but on an Olympic track for skating looking at 2022 but that is a long time her skates last about 1.5-2 years before they breakdown so by 2020 we should know and then the Skate and Blade companies will provide the equipment. If no Olympics in 2022 she can start with Disney and buy her own skates!

At this rate you won’t have anything left to celebrate with!

Larry that is more expensive than golf. How much is ice time? My son and I do a membership at a really good course and that runs around $2400 a year for unlimited golf. Of course in MN hockey is king and it is crazy what parents spend on ice time, teams, etc.

You are a good dad.

Ice/ Coach/ Strength Training/ Dance Coach/ Moves Coach all in is about $1600.00 a month on Ice 5-6 days a week 5 days Mulit Hour.

Kevin Thank you. She is a great Kid and a super person. I have always lived by a rule of leave things better than the way you found them. I hope for her to be my best example yet.

No kidding, top-tier youth sports ain’t cheap. We averaged about the same for my son’s junior tennis. And then he decides not to play college, ugh! Good on you Larry for being such a supportive parent, they learn such great life-lessons, hard work and discipline through sports.

Robert, right back to you, sounds like you have put in the time and $$$ as well. I can always make more money but as you say some of the skills and lesson they get from participating are priceless and life long. I find the hardest thing is to walk the line and not allow them or anyone to define herself or her as just an athlete. that is where I think I try the hardest. I want her to be well versed and rounded in her life. At just 13 she still needs to be a kid even when she is being asked to act and preform like an adult in many cases.

The one thing nice about golf as my son gets older he can work at one of the better courses in town and get free golf as the main benefit. I remember playing 36 a day when I was in high school at a pretty good public course in Minneapolis. Our outdoor ice rinks are finally open!!!

I hope this is the same for my daughter she will turn 14 the first week in Jan once she has she can become a teachers aid for learn to skate and get paid or ice time for her hours. She also has a valuable skill set that even if she does not end up competing for Team USA she will be able to teach, coach and do shows she will never have to “look for a job” she should always have a source of income at some level. (provided she remains injury free). Skating seems to be hot right now every mall in this area has put in a rink and of course we have the downtown and the maggie Daley loop it is really fun to watch her go to a public rink with some of her friends and just horse around they usually get a crowd and always try and play i can do that with one another. She finally landed her tripple flip yesterday and No i do not know what tht means other than she is up ion the air for a long time spinning really fast.

I grew up in Minneapolis and remember playing tons of rounds at Wirth, Bramare, and load of other great public courses.

larry Braemar is redoing the course and it will be top notch

Larry (Psycho)

Congrats to you and your daughter. Figure skating takes a lot of time, dedication and $$$$$.

My niece Brynne is currently in the Ladies Juniors, and is currently living/training in Colorado Springs, and competing internationally.

As you noted, if she doesn’t make the Olympics, (or even if she does), she plans on becoming a coach/instructor.

Here is a clip from last year.

96cPnLHuzPQ

Keep her on the skates. My daughter fell in love with horses and started riding at the age of 7. The cost to own or lease, board and train, compete, and keep the horse medically sound is astronomical.

Beautiful Skate her step sequence was fantastic! Congrats she looks like she is really on her way. That dress must be 900.00 alone and she is skating on the same boots and blade I am buying Edeas w/Pattern 99.

My dad told me never enter a sport with anything that needs to be fed. I think he was referring to me in my playing days.

Best of luck to you and your daughter.

Brynne grew up and trained in the DC area (Washington Skating Club, I believe), as my brother was in the Air Force and worked out of the Pentagon.

Brynne was pretty much home-schooled (self-schooled) at the skating club. She skated early AM, took classes online at the club, then skated more and more.

She graduated from high school a year early.

Post some videos of your daughter when you get a chance!