2011 Congruence Coombsville Reserve cab blowout

In my quest to liquidate Congruence (at least this version of it), the next (and last) entry is the 2011 Coombsville Reserve. Following the example of the 2010 vintage, two barrels from the same vineyards (one of which is the vineyard Paul Hobbs has purchased and named/renamed Nathan Coombs, and you know what he charges for that wine; the other is neighbors with Caldwell) stood out very early and I put them aside as a reserve bottling. The 2010 Coombsville Reserve is gone. The only difference in winemaking between the 2010 and 2011 reserves was that I blended in 2% petit verdot to the 2011.

It was one of the stranger things I’ve seen in my blending work. 1% petit verdot totally killed the wine - there was virtually no nose or palate for the resulting wine. 3% petit verdot saw the petit verdot having too much influence for my taste. But 2% had both the nose and palate singing. Go figure.

In my estimation, the 2011 reserve is probably the fourth best cab that I made in 6 vintages and 9 cab bottlings. The 2010 Coombsville Reserve has held sway at the top. Then I would place the two 2014 cuvees next (and I’m not sure that they will hit here due to the quantities remaining), followed by the 2011 reserve (by a hair).

There are approximately 20 cases of the wine available on the website. Use discount code “2011CRWB” to get 25% off the already-reduced $60 price. Final price is $45 per bottle. If you live in a problem state, contact me at steve@congruencewines.com and we’ll see if something can be worked out. Thanks for all the support! [cheers.gif]

PS - This is the last of the offers.