Congruence 2011 Napa Valley cab blowout

Okay, it’s not a big blowout, but the price was reduced pretty low to begin with. This one is a little different than the 2008 and 2009 offer. I have about 20 cases of this wine in Sonoma. You can order the wine directly from:

http://congruence.securewinemerchant.com/wine/congruence-cabernet-sauvignon/2011

The wine is currently priced at $35. Use discount code “2011NapaWB” to get a $7.00 per bottle discount (making the price to WB $28). No free shipping on this one. If I had to carry the shipping costs, I would prefer to keep the wine for myself.

If you live in a “bad” state and can’t place the order on the website, contact me and we’ll see if there is a workable solution. But I am able to see in well over 30 states, so hopefully it won’t be an issue.

If you will indulge me, I will tell you a little about the wine. My website is probably no longer accurate about the wine, as it has developed a lot differently than I had anticipated. It is much more classic in structure than the 2010 Napa, which had 12% merlot in the blend. The 2011 has 3% merlot, 4% cab franc and 2% petit verdot. So 91% cabernet sauvignon, which is the second-lowest % of all the cabs I have made so far, next to the 2010 (obviously, I guess).

The vintage, as you probably know, was a difficult one in Napa and this wine required a lot of work in the aging process and blending process to get it where I wanted it to be. Then, in its youth, a very strong (to me anyway - others weren’t as sensitive to it) dried herb quality became noticeable. To me, it was close to licorice root, if you’ve ever had an herbal tea containing that. My hope was that it would die down and integrate over time. It took a long while to do so, but at a dinner with my wines in April in Pennsylvania, it had finally integrated. It no longer stands out but it offers enough of itself to give any extra layer of complexity to the wine. I tried a bottle a couple of weeks ago and it is drinking beautifully now. It is also going to continue to age well as its structure is excellent.

So this one is sort of my “ugly duckling” wine that went through an awkward stage but emerged as a beauty. Personally, I favor it over the 2010 Napa because it has more complexity. I think you will enjoy it also, and, at this price, it’s really a steal. Enjoy!

One thing to keep your eye on when ordering on my website is that the default shipping is very expensive (it’s either overnight or two-day air). Make sure to change the shipping method to ground. It’s beyond my control. I’ve had numerous discussions with my parent LLC and they refuse to budge on the default shipping issue. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Now that I’ve got my order in I’m happy to post that you’ll never find a better bottle of California wine for the price. I’ve tasted Steve’s wines against dozens of Napa’s big names (with big price tags) and Steve always came in near the top for me. I’m sad to see Congruence go but thrilled to be able to stock up at this price.

Order in!

Thanks, Eric. I was happy to see your order! [cheers.gif]

If anyone is having problems with the interface and ordering process, please shoot me an email at steve@congruencewines.com.

People sometimes wonder if any of the offers is left. Down to about 15 cases at this point.

My wine arrived today and we popped a bottle. This is an awesome wine and drinks well above the $28 price point. Ordered 6 more.

Thanks, Michael. I saw the reorder and wondered if that was what happened. It’s very gratifying to hear. [cheers.gif]