Jean Dirler is coming to DE/PA next weekend

Howdy guys,
Next weekend, Jean Dirler of Domaine Dirler-Cadé comes to town. If you haven’t yet had a chance to see why his wines were my top discovery of 2015, this is an ideal opportunity to taste and learn from the source. Below is the original invite, so if you can make it, you’d be remiss not to…
If you plan on attending the in-store tasting, do please let me know so that I can have an idea of how many folks to expect.
Original invite:
Greetings from the exceptional Class of Alsace,
As many of you are aware, it has been an ongoing project here at Down to Earth to rekindle the American love affair with the singular beauty of the wines of Alsace. Thus, when Jean Dirler of Dirler-Cadé asked me about a springtime visit Stateside, I jumped at the opportunity. I’ve said it several times already, but the power, class, and purity of the Dirler-Cadé wines is absolutely mind-blowing, off-the-charts in their substance and value; any and all will get the overwhelmingly clear message once the wine is in your glass. So here are a few chances to meet, taste, and dine with Jean, with tailored pairings constructed between chef Michael O’Halloran and the winegrower. I’m banking on this being the special of the special, folks, so don’t miss out!!!

LE MENU:

Two events for Sunday May 15:

Sunday May 15, 12pm-3pm.
Avenue Wines and Spirits - Free in-store tasting
2000 Delaware Avenue in Wilmington, DE

At the free in-store tasting, we will pour a broad variety of the Dirler-Cadé wines from several vintages (2011-2014) and grape varieties. In addition to the in-stock goodies that you can taste and buy now, we will taste a few older vintages as well so that you can get an idea of how these elemental nectars evolve. Older wines to be featured are:

2001 Riesling Grand cru Spiegel
2005 Riesling Grand cru Saering
2008 Riesling Grand cru Kessler Cuvée Heisse Wanne
2001 Gewurztraminer Grand cru Kessler

THEN:

Sunday May 15, 5:30pm
Bistro 7 Restaurant
7 N 3rd Street in Philadelphia, PA
$35 for the wine flight paid in advance to RSVP, $89 CASH ONLY tax/tip included to the restaurant for the 6 course accompaniment

In a carefully constructed synergy between chef Michael O’Halloran and Jean Dirler, we will delight in vertical comparisons of each of their four Grand cru terroirs in Riesling, as well as their “premier cru” Belzbrunnen. The complexity and pleasure found in these dry Rieslings will quite simply blow your mind, especially when paired with several fish courses that Michael is constructing with Jean’s guidance. As an epicurean and educational experience, this will redefine what you thought possible from Alsatian Riesling. NOT TO BE MISSED!!

1st course: Riesling Lieu-dit Belzbrunnen

2013 Riesling Belzbrunnen $26

2014 Riesling Belzbrunnen $26

2nd course: Riesling Grand cru Kitterlé

2012 Riesling Grand cru Kitterlé $29

2014 Riesling Grand cru Kitterlé $33

3rd course: Riesilng Grand cru Spiegel

2014 Riesling Grand cru Spiegel $33

2012 Riesling Grand cru Spiegel $29

4th course: Riesling Grand cru Saering

2013 Riesling Grand cru Saering $33

2014 Riesling Grand cru Saering $33

5th course: Riesling Grand cru Kessler

2013 Riesling Grand cru Kessler $33

2014 Riesling Grand cru Kessler $33

2013 Riesling Grand cru Kessler Cuvée Heisse Wanne $39

2014 Riesling Grand cru Kessler Cuvée Heisse Wanne $39

6th course, dessert:

2013 Gewurztraminer Grand cru Kessler '13 $33

LES VOILA

Thaaar she blows, folks. Come see why i’m so psyched about the Dirler-Cadé wines, you will thank me!!!
Reservations are first come first served, with confirmation via email as well as the wine flight payment required to RSVP.
As always, with any questions or interests: rob@downtoearthwines.net
CHEERS TO JEAN DIRLER, COMING TO THE CITY OF BROTHERLY LOVE!! TO THE GLORY OF ALSACE!!!
Robert

© 2016 Microsoft Terms Privacy & cookies Developers English (United States)

Bumpity bump.
in the hizzy.
:0
3 seats left for the dinner…

WOW.
Once again, my belief that Jean Dirler’s wines are some of the most amazing wines made in Alsace has been confirmed after a chock full day of tastings yesterday.
Any Berserkers who were present are more than welcome to post their impressions of the wines.
It is simply absurd that the world doesn’t celebrate these wines with the superlative fanfare that they deserve, as the raw quality and class for the $$ is off the charts…
BRAVO JEAN!!! GASTRONOMIC CLASS OF ALSACE.

For me, the Kessler vineyard wines were a revelation. Across the board, they were great.

I had a slight preference for the Gewürztraminer, but the Rieslings were great as well. Crazy acids and balance in these, and the wines are great value.

Thanks for getting him to visit