Last day:Nepal benefit auction lot. 1 bottle of Pichon Baron 1989 and Pichon Lalande 1989

A friend of ours was was in Nepal during the earthquake, and has stayed to help out. I am including her recent e mail to me, and I am happy that the winning bidder can choose which charity the money goes to.

I am auctioning off a small pairing of Pichons from 1989. They are both gorgeous wines, and from a good source. And to get the ball rolling, I am putting in a $250 bid. End time: 7:00 PM eastern time June 28th. Shipping is out of warehouse in NY, and buyers responsibility.

If we can get to $550, I will throw in a half bottle of 1990 Lynch Bages

For $1200, I will sub the half bottle of the 1990 for a full bottle, and add a 1989. As I said, it is a great cause.

Hi Mark,
I’m so sorry I didn’t contact you sooner, everything here has been kind of nuts, as you can imagine.Here are the ….the organizations I know quite well that are doing really fantastic work here, CGLF and Rokpa (just in case I’ll include links below). CGLF is a Buddhist NGO and among, if not the first, to respond in remote areas with medical volunteers immediately after the first quake and long before and government or outside aid. Rokpa is an organization that has been helping Nepali women and children since long before the earthquake and runs a really wonderful children’s home and they too have been doing earthquake relief work. I can vouch for both of these organizations with full confidence and they are more organized and have a much farther reach than the very small, localized project I have been working on.

Thank you again for your help! I hope everyone is well!!
Carolyn

Without knowing the logistics of the deal (i.e. Shipping etc) I’ll bid $275

Thanks, David, good point. Shipping is out of warehouse in NY, and buyers responsibility.

$300, I have friends in NYC.

At the risk of pissing off the very large doctor, I’m going 325.

$350

$375

I’m not messing with the doc if he wants it!! That 89 Pichon Baron is a spectacular wine. Ranks up there with one of my favorite non-first growths, and candidly, was one of my epiphany wines even though my first taste was on release.

Country boy lawyer can survive

Bocephus is bidding?

$400.00

We are at retail now; would love to see a couple more bids. It’s for a wonderful cause.

If we can get to $550, I will throw in a half bottle of 1990 Lynch Bages

On the logistics: to be clear, you could do a hand-off in NY if the winning bidder is able to pick up there?

Yes, happy to.

Come on Mark, make it a 750!

For $1200, I will sub the half bottle of the 1990 for a full bottle, and add a 1989. As I said, it is a great cause.

so the winning bidder will donate directly to the charities right?

No, I will donate, as the winner will be getting full value for the donation; unless they go above market value. However, they will be able to decide which charity.

Bump