Berserkers Exclusive – 2001 Oakford Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Beckstoffer Rutherford Vineyard

Ok Ladies & Gents,

As promised here is my attempt to pay-it-forward for just recently making the jump into the wine biz!

2001 Oakford Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Beckstoffer Rutherford Vineyard - $40

This was the last vintage of Oakford Vineyards before they were bought by the Futo Family. The wine is drinking great right now, we just popped a bottle to get a progress report. Bright, dusty black cherries and cigar box on the nose, but fairly light on its feet in the mouth with lots of sweet cassis and cherry fruit supported by a lively backbone of acid. Tannins are close to resolved, medium-long finish of tobacco leaf and toasty oak carried by this wine’s ample acidity. Drink now through the next five years.

Release price on this wine was $75, it is currently available on Benchmark’s website at $59. We are offering it as a Berserker Exclusive for $40 for the next week only. Six cases available.

Email me to place an order:
msai@benchmarkwine.com

Congrats on the new job, good people over there at Benchmark.

I am surprised they still have some of this left, IIRC they have been selling this for over a year now.

Great wine, great vintage and great price!