LTB: 2012 Screaming Eagle

If anyone has an allocation and they do not what all of it this year, I would like to participate and purchase up to 3 bottles, preferably a 3 pak at release price. Please PM.

-Alex

[popcorn.gif]

Release price. Nice.

I have not received the mailer yet. Best I can tell from last year is that it comes out next week. I’d be curious if anyone else has the mailer at this point?

Thanks, Tom

did it get some huge score or something?

Mailer typically comes early February with March shipment.

Good luck! These will go for $2500+ per bottle….

Excuse me, Moderators.
This is off topic per the reopening of this thread.
Please do your job…

Signed…fill in your own descriptor! [stirthepothal.gif]

Nice+

Just curious what is the releasing price for SE these days…

I think you will see $800 or $900 a bottle for the '12.

wow…
Just wondering how many people on the list are paying 900 for a bottle with the intention to drink it. With the wine going 2k in the second market, everyone will max their allocation. But 900 get you 3 bottles of most top cali cabs…

statistically, it’s actually around 73%, so a great majority.

Surprise not everyone max out their allocation

I will buy a bottle at the release price…one of my friends wants to try it…

Just trying to be helpful to someone that may not have the 3k to drop on their allocation!

[cheers.gif]

I noticed Parker lists the release price of this at $1,500. I am hoping that’s a mistake but I am expecting that for a 100 pointer. Ouch.

I sure hope not (but i’ll obviously still buy). Hard to imagine that they will increase pricing from <$1000 to $1500 though. Thats a huge increase.

Good luck sir, but my comment would be they won’t have to drop 3K… they can line up buyer at $2k/btl, take in 6K, THEN buy the allocation at 3K and still have profit.

FInding these at release price will be hard unless it’s a family/friend of course.

I have a friend who takes his allocation every year and drinks the bottles on the 5 and 10 year anniversaries of the purchase and then saves one for a vertical.

I saw that! I sure hope not….but couldn’t blame them. Hopefully this statement still rings true:

Winesearcher article Feb 2014

"Even Screaming Eagle does not currently release its wine for $1000 a bottle. Its mailing list customers were offered the 2011 wine for $850 a bottle, and direct-to-consumer manager Patrick Chapman adds: “We’re not going to be going over $1000 anytime soon.”