Boxes anyone?

Buy, sell, and trade goods with other forum members - private sales only.
Forum rules
If you have a negative or potentially harmful comment to make about another poster's pricing or offer, send a Private Message - do not reply here on the forum. Public comments about pricing or the offer being made will be deleted. Do NOT post links to your auctions where items are sold elsewhere or your post will be deleted. Repeated misuse will result in loss of access to this forum. DO NOT POST UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THE COMMERCE CORNER RULES THREAD BELOW!
Kelly Flynn

Boxes anyone?

#1 Post by Kelly Flynn »

This is admittedly a long shot.

I moved recently from the mean urban streets of Des Moines to the sterile suburbs. I have been hoarding boxes for years in anticipation of this move my wife has been threatening. Wine now fully transported into new cellar.

Bottom line: I now have hundreds of boxes (mostly cases of 12 and mag cases of 6, but every other kind as well). I don’t want any $ for them, but am simply making them available for anyone who could use them and could get them in a cost effective way.

Again…a long shot, but who knows?

Thanks, K

PaulMills
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: Boxes anyone?

#2 Post by PaulMills »

I usually take mine to a local wine shop that ships so they can be reused.

John Glas
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3 Post by John Glas »

Not sure if any shops in your area ship out of state but Paul is right shops will want them and if they are appreciative should throw you a few bottles. A few in the Twin Cities act like they were doing favors for people taking them. They are not free for a shop to buy new and used once or twice still have plenty of use.

Kelly Flynn

#4 Post by Kelly Flynn »

Thanks guys, but between the minuscule selection, high prices and room temp storage, the two (?) local retailers here are beyond abysmal. I can’t imagine buying anything from them at all, let alone having them ship me anything.

OTOH someone here did take two double mag boxes, so I’m calling this thread a win!

Michael Martin
GCC Member
GCC Member

#5 Post by Michael Martin »

I break mine down and take to recycling.
ITB

John Glas
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6 Post by John Glas »

Kelly Flynn wrote: December 6th, 2021, 10:22 am Thanks guys, but between the minuscule selection, high prices and room temp storage, the two (?) local retailers here are beyond abysmal. I can’t imagine buying anything from them at all, let alone having them ship me anything.

OTOH someone here did take two double mag boxes, so I’m calling this thread a win!
I have never heard of a good wine shop in Iowa. Most people I know there order all out of state. Maybe everyday drinkers on sale.

Andrew K.
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#7 Post by Andrew K. »

Michael Martin wrote: December 6th, 2021, 5:15 pm I break mine down and take to recycling.
Good for you! That is, however, the third best option. Assuming reduce is out the window because you need the boxes, reuse always trumps recycle! Bravo to the OP!
к𝓁ย𝐠

Return to “Commerce Corner - Wine Classifieds”