French, Italians, and New World from my cellar including a couple of trophy wines

Buy, sell, and trade goods with other forum members - private sales only.
Forum rules
If you have a negative or potentially harmful comment to make about another poster's pricing or offer, send a Private Message - do not reply here on the forum. Public comments about pricing or the offer being made will be deleted. Do NOT post links to your auctions where items are sold elsewhere or your post will be deleted. Repeated misuse will result in loss of access to this forum. DO NOT POST UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THE COMMERCE CORNER RULES THREAD BELOW!
Post Reply
Message
Author
howard marc spector
Posts: 36
Joined: July 10th, 2010, 11:22 am

French, Italians, and New World from my cellar including a couple of trophy wines

#1 Post by howard marc spector » February 6th, 2020, 8:38 pm

Selling off some wines as I have decided my stock exceeds my age-adjusted ability to drink. Everything has been stored in a temperature controlled cellar since purchase, and I purchased virtually all of these wines at or near release. I have tried to price everything 15% or so below low Wine-Searcher retail. Prices are per bottle and buyer pays shipping.

6 750ml 2003 Château Montrose $175.00
3 750ml 2000 Château Pontet-Canet $100.00
3 750ml 2003 Château Sociando-Mallet $50.00
3 750ml 2001 Château de Beaucastel Châteauneuf-du-Pape $75.00
1 1500ml 2001 Château de Beaucastel Châteauneuf-du-Pape $165.00
5 750ml 2007 Clos des Papes Châteauneuf-du-Pape $75.00
1 750ml 2000 Domaine du Pégau Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée da Capo $425.00
5 750ml 2001 Domaine du Pégau Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée Réservée $75.00
1 750ml 2003 Feudi di San Gregorio Irpinia Serpico $35.00
1 750ml 2004 Produttori del Barbaresco Barbaresco Riserva Asili $60.00
2 750ml 2004 Produttori del Barbaresco Barbaresco Riserva Rabajà $60.00
4 750ml 2004 Giuseppe Mascarello e Figlio Monprivato Barolo $185.00
1 750ml 2006 Giuseppe Mascarello e Figlio Monprivato Barolo $157.00
1 750ml 2007 Giuseppe Mascarello e Figlio Monprivato Barolo $170.00
2 750ml 2008 Giuseppe Mascarello e Figlio Monprivato Barolo $130.00
3 750ml 2007 Marcarini Barolo Brunate $45.00
6 750ml 2006 Massolino Barolo Margheria $75.00
3 750ml 2004 Paolo Scavino Barolo Bric dël Fiasc $105.00
2 750ml 2013 Paolo Scavino Barolo Bricco Ambrogio $40.00
1 750ml 2000 Poderi Aldo Conterno Barolo Riserva Granbussia $165.00
2 750ml 2005 Poderi Aldo Conterno Barolo Romirasco $165.00
3 750ml 1996 Silvio Grasso Barolo Bricco Luciani $35.00
1 750ml 2008 Sine Qua Non Grenache The Duel $300.00
1 750ml 2008 Sine Qua Non Syrah The Duel $325.00
6 750ml 1998 Quilceda Creek Cabernet Sauvignon $125.00
6 750ml 1999 Quilceda Creek Cabernet Sauvignon $125.00
4 750ml 2004 Quilceda Creek Cabernet Sauvignon $125.00
6 750ml 2008 Quilceda Creek Cabernet Sauvignon $130.00
6 750ml 2009 Quilceda Creek Cabernet Sauvignon $130.00
6 750ml 2010 Quilceda Creek Cabernet Sauvignon $130.00
4 750ml 2002 Quilceda Creek Cabernet Sauvignon (wa100) $150.00
4 750ml 2003 Quilceda Creek Cabernet Sauvignon (wa100) $150.00
6 750ml 2007 Quilceda Creek Cabernet Sauvignon (wa100) $150.00
3 750ml 2005 Domaine Leflaive Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Pucelles $195.00
1 750ml 2002 Jacques Selosse Champagne Grand Cru Blanc de Blancs Millésimé $700.00
2 375ml 2002 Joh. Jos. Christoffel Erben Ürziger Würzgarten Riesling Eiswein $55.00
1 750ml 2010 Sine Qua Non The Monkey $110.00
Last edited by howard marc spector on February 8th, 2020, 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andrew M
Posts: 206
Joined: July 4th, 2019, 8:14 pm

Re: French, Italians, and New World from my cellar including a couple of trophy wines

#2 Post by Andrew M » February 7th, 2020, 5:30 am

Shipping from where?
M @ k $ ! m ø v ! ç

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5134
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm

Re: French, Italians, and New World from my cellar including a couple of trophy wines

#3 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » February 7th, 2020, 5:34 am

Very good deals on the quilceda for those who want them, pretty much release pricing or less.

Sh@n A
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1344
Joined: July 9th, 2018, 8:21 am

Re: French, Italians, and New World from my cellar including a couple of trophy wines

#4 Post by Sh@n A » February 7th, 2020, 5:58 am

Email sent
/ @ g r @ \

howard marc spector
Posts: 36
Joined: July 10th, 2010, 11:22 am

Re: French, Italians, and New World from my cellar including a couple of trophy wines

#5 Post by howard marc spector » February 7th, 2020, 6:06 am

Shipping is from Dallas. Happy to hold if you live somewhere too cold to ship now.

MikeL238
Posts: 212
Joined: August 27th, 2019, 12:28 pm
Location: NYC

Re: French, Italians, and New World from my cellar including a couple of trophy wines

#6 Post by MikeL238 » February 7th, 2020, 6:24 am

E-mail sent.
Mike Leigh

User avatar
Kevin Stine
Posts: 259
Joined: April 18th, 2016, 4:24 am
Location: Okawville, IL

Re: French, Italians, and New World from my cellar including a couple of trophy wines

#7 Post by Kevin Stine » February 7th, 2020, 8:28 am

I will take the 3 Pontet Canet. PM sent

Can arrange local pick up
Last edited by Kevin Stine on February 7th, 2020, 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin Stine

Lonnie F.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 435
Joined: November 26th, 2017, 12:26 pm

Re: French, Italians, and New World from my cellar including a couple of trophy wines

#8 Post by Lonnie F. » February 7th, 2020, 9:32 am

I'd like 5 bottles. Email sent
Lonnie Fuller

howard marc spector
Posts: 36
Joined: July 10th, 2010, 11:22 am

Re: French, Italians, and New World from my cellar including a couple of trophy wines

#9 Post by howard marc spector » February 7th, 2020, 10:28 am

I am compiling offers and will respond in the next couple of days. I will be giving priority to folks who buy more because shipping lots of 3-4 bottle orders will be an ordeal.

hm$

User avatar
Michael O'Brien
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1136
Joined: August 21st, 2009, 8:27 am
Location: Plano, TX

Re: French, Italians, and New World from my cellar including a couple of trophy wines

#10 Post by Michael O'Brien » February 7th, 2020, 12:22 pm

PM sent.
PlanoWino

Kedar Dubhashi
Posts: 35
Joined: January 30th, 2020, 5:58 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: French, Italians, and New World from my cellar including a couple of trophy wines

#11 Post by Kedar Dubhashi » February 8th, 2020, 10:14 am

Hi Howard, I sent you a PM. Thank you for making your wonderful collection available to all of us. You are a very generous man.

Michael, thank you for nudging me in this direction and mentoring me!

User avatar
Michael O'Brien
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1136
Joined: August 21st, 2009, 8:27 am
Location: Plano, TX

Re: French, Italians, and New World from my cellar including a couple of trophy wines

#12 Post by Michael O'Brien » February 8th, 2020, 11:39 am

Just completed a transaction with Howard. I have bottles in hand. All in excellent condition and the prices are good too.
PlanoWino

Keith Koshk!n
Posts: 37
Joined: January 13th, 2019, 9:04 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: French, Italians, and New World from my cellar including a couple of trophy wines

#13 Post by Keith Koshk!n » February 10th, 2020, 8:14 am

Michael O'Brien wrote:
February 8th, 2020, 11:39 am
Just completed a transaction with Howard. I have bottles in hand. All in excellent condition and the prices are good too.
Me too. I second all aspects of Michael's post.

User avatar
Michael O'Brien
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1136
Joined: August 21st, 2009, 8:27 am
Location: Plano, TX

Re: French, Italians, and New World from my cellar including a couple of trophy wines

#14 Post by Michael O'Brien » February 11th, 2020, 3:47 pm

Keith Koshk!n wrote:
February 10th, 2020, 8:14 am
Michael O'Brien wrote:
February 8th, 2020, 11:39 am
Just completed a transaction with Howard. I have bottles in hand. All in excellent condition and the prices are good too.
Me too. I second all aspects of Michael's post.
I wondered who else was going to Howard's house Saturday. We haven't met. Maybe we should. champagne.gif
PlanoWino

Sh@n A
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1344
Joined: July 9th, 2018, 8:21 am

Re: French, Italians, and New World from my cellar including a couple of trophy wines

#15 Post by Sh@n A » February 11th, 2020, 5:33 pm

Looking forward to the wines. Thanks! champagne.gif
/ @ g r @ \

User avatar
Michael O'Brien
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1136
Joined: August 21st, 2009, 8:27 am
Location: Plano, TX

Re: French, Italians, and New World from my cellar including a couple of trophy wines

#16 Post by Michael O'Brien » February 12th, 2020, 8:11 am

howard marc spector wrote:
February 6th, 2020, 8:38 pm
Selling off some wines as I have decided my stock exceeds my age-adjusted ability to drink. Everything has been stored in a temperature controlled cellar since purchase, and I purchased virtually all of these wines at or near release. I have tried to price everything 15% or so below low Wine-Searcher retail. Prices are per bottle and buyer pays shipping.

6 750ml 2003 Château Montrose $175.00
3 750ml 2000 Château Pontet-Canet $100.00
3 750ml 2003 Château Sociando-Mallet $50.00
3 750ml 2001 Château de Beaucastel Châteauneuf-du-Pape $75.00
1 1500ml 2001 Château de Beaucastel Châteauneuf-du-Pape $165.00
5 750ml 2007 Clos des Papes Châteauneuf-du-Pape $75.00
1 750ml 2000 Domaine du Pégau Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée da Capo $425.00
5 750ml 2001 Domaine du Pégau Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée Réservée $75.00
1 750ml 2003 Feudi di San Gregorio Irpinia Serpico $35.00
1 750ml 2004 Produttori del Barbaresco Barbaresco Riserva Asili $60.00
2 750ml 2004 Produttori del Barbaresco Barbaresco Riserva Rabajà $60.00
4 750ml 2004 Giuseppe Mascarello e Figlio Monprivato Barolo $185.00
1 750ml 2006 Giuseppe Mascarello e Figlio Monprivato Barolo $157.00
1 750ml 2007 Giuseppe Mascarello e Figlio Monprivato Barolo $170.00
2 750ml 2008 Giuseppe Mascarello e Figlio Monprivato Barolo $130.00
3 750ml 2007 Marcarini Barolo Brunate $45.00
6 750ml 2006 Massolino Barolo Margheria $75.00
3 750ml 2004 Paolo Scavino Barolo Bric dël Fiasc $105.00
2 750ml 2013 Paolo Scavino Barolo Bricco Ambrogio $40.00
1 750ml 2000 Poderi Aldo Conterno Barolo Riserva Granbussia $165.00
2 750ml 2005 Poderi Aldo Conterno Barolo Romirasco $165.00
3 750ml 1996 Silvio Grasso Barolo Bricco Luciani $35.00
1 750ml 2008 Sine Qua Non Grenache The Duel $300.00
1 750ml 2008 Sine Qua Non Syrah The Duel $325.00
6 750ml 1998 Quilceda Creek Cabernet Sauvignon $125.00
6 750ml 1999 Quilceda Creek Cabernet Sauvignon $125.00
4 750ml 2004 Quilceda Creek Cabernet Sauvignon $125.00
6 750ml 2008 Quilceda Creek Cabernet Sauvignon $130.00
6 750ml 2009 Quilceda Creek Cabernet Sauvignon $130.00
6 750ml 2010 Quilceda Creek Cabernet Sauvignon $130.00
4 750ml 2002 Quilceda Creek Cabernet Sauvignon (wa100) $150.00
4 750ml 2003 Quilceda Creek Cabernet Sauvignon (wa100) $150.00
6 750ml 2007 Quilceda Creek Cabernet Sauvignon (wa100) $150.00
3 750ml 2005 Domaine Leflaive Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Pucelles $195.00
1 750ml 2002 Jacques Selosse Champagne Grand Cru Blanc de Blancs Millésimé $700.00
2 375ml 2002 Joh. Jos. Christoffel Erben Ürziger Würzgarten Riesling Eiswein $55.00
1 750ml 2010 Sine Qua Non The Monkey $110.00
howard, time to edit this for what is sold. I am pondering more but don't know what is still available.
PlanoWino

User avatar
Stephen Faulkner
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 354
Joined: September 6th, 2010, 8:30 am
Location: WV Panhandle

Re: French, Italians, and New World from my cellar including a couple of trophy wines

#17 Post by Stephen Faulkner » February 12th, 2020, 8:21 am

Howard - I have sent several pms/email to your first post, but no reply so I’m also wondering what’s up. Thanks.

J3ff S@g@n
Posts: 45
Joined: January 9th, 2018, 9:25 am

Re: French, Italians, and New World from my cellar including a couple of trophy wines

#18 Post by J3ff S@g@n » February 12th, 2020, 9:05 am

pm sent also

User avatar
Michael O'Brien
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1136
Joined: August 21st, 2009, 8:27 am
Location: Plano, TX

Re: French, Italians, and New World from my cellar including a couple of trophy wines

#19 Post by Michael O'Brien » February 13th, 2020, 3:18 pm

My best guess is that Howard is extremely busy with his law practice and he is also moving to a new home. One of the guys on this board is supposed to see Howard tonight to pick up his wine. I asked him to prompt Howard to check the board.
PlanoWino

Kedar Dubhashi
Posts: 35
Joined: January 30th, 2020, 5:58 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: French, Italians, and New World from my cellar including a couple of trophy wines

#20 Post by Kedar Dubhashi » February 13th, 2020, 7:37 pm

I collected my wines today. Howard was very helpful and packed the box for me. Thank you Howard.

He is working through the orders starting with big ones first.

Kedar Dubhashi
Posts: 35
Joined: January 30th, 2020, 5:58 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: French, Italians, and New World from my cellar including a couple of trophy wines

#21 Post by Kedar Dubhashi » February 13th, 2020, 7:39 pm

I collected my wines today. Howard was very helpful and packed the box for me. Thank you Howard.

He is working through the orders starting with big ones first. He will get to everyone’s orders soon.

howard marc spector
Posts: 36
Joined: July 10th, 2010, 11:22 am

Re: French, Italians, and New World from my cellar including a couple of trophy wines

#22 Post by howard marc spector » February 14th, 2020, 7:26 am

Sorry, I am a bit underwater with the orders. I am working through the larger ones right now. I will post an updated list Sunday.

howard

User avatar
BobH
Posts: 4594
Joined: January 29th, 2009, 8:42 am

Re: French, Italians, and New World from my cellar including a couple of trophy wines

#23 Post by BobH » February 15th, 2020, 5:50 pm

There are a number of wines I am strongly interested in. When you post the updated list, I would like to see if any of them are left as I would like to try and claim them.
hud@k

Kedar Dubhashi
Posts: 35
Joined: January 30th, 2020, 5:58 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: French, Italians, and New World from my cellar including a couple of trophy wines

#24 Post by Kedar Dubhashi » February 16th, 2020, 7:44 am

This week I finished my 8-bottles transaction with Howard. I was very happy with the overall experience.

Howard responded to my messages in a prompt manner. He was respectful, easygoing, and offered advice based on my situation and needs. Serendipitously, I was in Dallas and he managed to find time for us to meet at his house to do the transaction during the very, very short time I was in town. He did this despite being very busy with work, a change in residence and family member being under the weather.

He provided packing material which help up beautifully through airline travel from Dallas to Seattle. I was pleasantly surprised and relieved to see the final result. Side note: TSA opened the box in my absence and resealed it in my absence. TSA, thank you for that and for protecting our air travel.

I recommended Howard as a seller. I would buy from him again.

howard marc spector
Posts: 36
Joined: July 10th, 2010, 11:22 am

Re: French, Italians, and New World from my cellar including a couple of trophy wines

#25 Post by howard marc spector » February 16th, 2020, 6:47 pm

These are definitely still available. More to follow.

3 750ml 2003 Château Duhart-Milon $70.00 (new addition)
1 1500ml 2001 Château de Beaucastel Châteauneuf-du-Pape $165.00
1 750ml 2000 Domaine du Pégau Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée da Capo $425.00
1 750ml 2003 Feudi di San Gregorio Irpinia Serpico $35.00
6 750ml 2006 Massolino Barolo Margheria $75.00
3 750ml 2004 Paolo Scavino Barolo Bric dël Fiasc $105.00
2 750ml 2005 Poderi Aldo Conterno Barolo Romirasco $165.00 (NOW SOLD)
1 750ml 2008 Sine Qua Non Grenache The Duel $300.00
1 750ml 2010 Sine Qua Non The Monkey $110.00
1 750ml 2002 Jacques Selosse Champagne Grand Cru Blanc de Blancs Millésimé $700.00
2 375ml 2002 Joh. Jos. Christoffel Erben Ürziger Würzgarten Riesling Eiswein $55.00

Reasonable offers welcome.

hm$

Post Reply

Return to “Commerce Corner - Wine Classifieds”