YOUNG HAGEN Pinot -Up to 20% off with free shipping

2018 YOUNG HAGEN Berserker Day IX Newbie Offer

Thanks to Todd and the community for the opportunity to introduce our wines to a greater, knowledgeable audience.

Purchase via this link: https://www.younghagen.com/products/2013-2014-young-hagen-pinot-noir

Free shipping on all orders + 10% off 3-packs, 15% off 6-packs, 20% off 12-pack orders.
The 2013 and 2014 are already released, we are including the 2015 here as a preview - this wine will be offered next month - give it some air to let it open up.

Packs contain:

3 pack- 1 x 2013 Sonoma Coast, 1 x 2014 Riddle Vineyard, 1 x 2105 Riddle Vineyard = $135 (regularly $150)

6 pack- 2 x 2013 Sonoma Coast, 2 x 2014 Riddle Vineyard, 2 x 2015 Riddle Vineyard = $255 (regularly $300)

12 pack- 4 x 2013 Sonoma Coast, 4 x 2014 Riddle Vineyard, 4 x 2015 Riddle Vineyard = $480 (regularly $600)

We can do custom packs with any vintage combinations- just email or PM what you’d like and we will take care of it.

Purchase via this link: https://www.younghagen.com/products/2013-2014-young-hagen-pinot-noir

Any issues with the link or questions, please PM me or email me directly at Tim@younghagen.com, order requests via email are ok too.

Ground shipping as weather allows unless you ask for the upgrade and approve additional costs.

We are unable to ship to AK, HI, ND, NH, SD, and UT.

The Wines:

2013 Young Hagen Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir
3 barrels

• Single vineyard wine from a proprietary vineyard on Occidental Road between Sebastopol and Occidental, meticulously farmed by Charlie Chenoweth.
  • 100% once-used French oak barrels for 15 months
  • Calera, Pommard, 115, and Elite clones
  • Aromatics of strawberry, orange blossom brown spice, mushroom and forest floor
  • On the palate- bing cherry, raspberry, sandalwood, with a balanced string of acidity lifting the wine throughout.
  • 15% Whole cluster fermentation in the final blend (fermented separately and blended back in)
  • Unfined and unfiltered

2014 Young Hagen Riddle Vineyard Pinot Noir
6 barrels

• 9 acre vineyard northeast of Occidental on Stoetz Lane- across the street from Treehouse and Silver Eagle.
  • Clones 115 and Pommard
  • This wine opens with black raspberry, cranberry, mushroom, and a hint of vanillin.
  • 20% new French oak was used on this wine and elevage was 11 months.
  • Unfined and unfiltered
  • 14% Whole Cluster (fermented together with destemmed fruit on top)

2015 Young Hagen Riddle Vineyard Pinot Noir
3 barrels

• Same vineyard details as the 2014 above, yield was half of 2014 and the wine brings that natural concentration of low yielding vines.
    -Black cherry, rhubarb, sandalwood with that Occidental citrus lift.
  • 25% new French oak aged sur lie for 15 months
    Unfined and unfiltered
    12% Whole cluster- fermented separately.

We will be at World of Pinot in Santa Barbara for the first time this year, please stop by if you are attending.

[resizeableimage=275,200]https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1623/8281/products/YH_13PN_sonocoast_grande.jpg?v=1482428034[/resizeableimage]

[resizeableimage=275,200]https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1623/8281/products/YH_14PN_riddle_grande.jpg[/resizeableimage]

[resizeableimage=275,200]https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1623/8281/products/Photo_Nov_28_9_23_06_AM_baa73b8f-28f0-4bb9-8ce2-ffbf3e29af46_grande.jpg?v=1516864519[/resizeableimage]

More Pinot Noir goodies for those who are mad at me for trying to reduce the number of Pinot Noir offerings this year!!! :slight_smile:

What a great opportunity to get this small production delicious pinot. Can’t wait to get my hands on some!

Order in for a 3 pack! I can’t wait to try them!

Can’t wait to try these!!!

In for a 3 pack.

In for 12, been looking forward to the 15 for a long time. Great offer!

Thanks for all the orders!!

Thanks Will.

Wisconsin!

This is some serious small batch Pinot! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Geoff Davies

ITB

Thanks Geoff

Tim - Thanks for the offer. Glad to get some of this (through another Berserker so you won’t see an order from me). Can you comment on your thoughts on drinking windows?

Hi Steve,

Thanks for jumping in on the offer.

2013- Being a newer planting you would think this one might tire soonish. This has the highest acidity of all the wines which seems to be holding it in a really great spot right now. How long it has depends on how you like aged CA pinot noir- it has great tertiary components now and I think it will stand up for another 3-5 year- maybe longer but there isn’t much of a vineyard history to base the judgement upon.

2014 Riddle- also drinking well now, more primary and secondary- drink now - 2020

2015- this one is tightly packed and opens up when given plenty of air. Check in on them now to see if you dig it and then grab more to lay down if you like the style. Should enter its finest days 4-6 post vintage and hang in there for quite a while.

We bottle age for a year post bottling so they present well upon release.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Tim

Thanks Tim