Navarro Vineyards Mystery Pack offer, 6 bottles for $68!

Warm up your credit cards and come on in, as here is where you will find all the BerserkerDay offers - open to EVERYONE who loves wine. Apologize to your spouse or significant other ahead of time.

What would you be most excited to receive in YOUR mystery pack?

Something classic
8%
White Alsatian varietal
14%
Vintage, reserve Pinot Noir
36%
Some bubbles
15%
Something sweet
8%
I don't care, just make it good!
19%

Total votes: 74

Aaron Bennett

#1 Post by Aaron Bennett » January 12th, 2018, 12:52 pm

[resizeableimage=800,185]https://i.imgur.com/sFhpulS.jpg[/resizeableimage]
To all our WineBerserker friends, we are honored to participate for a second year in BerserkerDay IX! [dance-clap.gif]

Navarro Vineyards is offering a six-bottle BerserkerDay Mystery Pack with six medal-winning wines at a discount of 50% or greater! The packs typically feature two red wines and four dry white wines, but vintages and varietals will vary. There will be several Mystery Bags that have a discount of over 70%! Feeling lucky?

If you wish, you may add on any additional six bottles of Navarro wines of your choice to your Mystery Pack and we will ship the twelve bottles via ground freight for just One-Cent. The additional bottles will even receive our standard ten percent full case discount. No coupon code necessary!
[resizeableimage=300,450]https://www.navarrowine.com/media/photo ... kerday.jpg[/resizeableimage]

6 Bottle Mystery Pack price: $68.00
Retail values of the packs range from $136 to $232!

Limit one BerserkerDay Mystery Pack per address. This offer is valid one day only, Saturday, January 27.

Click here to access the offer
or call 1-800-537-9463 (9am-5pm PST)
We ship direct from California to 42 states, however there might be a delay in shipping to the east cost for cold weather concerns. If you have any questions, I'll be on hand to answer as quickly as possible.
[resizeableimage=800,533]https://imgur.com/vIghzyQ.jpg[/resizeableimage]
[thankyou.gif] As always, a big thank you to Todd, Brig, and everyone who keeps WB running. And a thank you as well to all the community members who took the time to look at our offer. [cheers.gif] Cheers!
Last edited by Aaron Bennett on January 26th, 2018, 4:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Aaron Bennett
Navarro Vineyards

Rob Winn
GCC Member
GCC Member

BDIX Mystery Pack offer from Navarro Vineyards, 6 bottles for $68!

#2 Post by Rob Winn » January 26th, 2018, 3:03 pm

Ole’

Anton D
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3 Post by Anton D » January 26th, 2018, 5:41 pm

I went for this total amazing bargain last year and look forward to doing it again.

These are awesome wines, folks.

I am going to be sure to make a 'twelver' because the shipping makes an even better deal.
Anton Dotson

What is man, when you come to think upon him, but a minutely set, ingenious machine for turning, with infinite artfulness, the fine red wine of Shiraz into urine?

brigcampbell
GCC Member
GCC Member

#4 Post by brigcampbell » January 26th, 2018, 8:00 pm

I did this last year and everything was amazing. Pinot... Stunning. All in again.

Aaron Bennett

#5 Post by Aaron Bennett » January 27th, 2018, 8:41 am

Brig, Anton, so glad you liked the packs!

I'm Aaron, a 2nd generation owner and happy to be here with you folks this morning. I've got my Gewürz aftershave, a full cuppa joe, so let's DO THIS!

Shoot me any questions, PM or in this thread, and I'll be happy to respond.
Aaron Bennett
Navarro Vineyards

sdfruman
BerserkerDay All-Pro
BerserkerDay All-Pro

#6 Post by sdfruman » January 27th, 2018, 8:44 am

I got 2013 Navarro Vineyards Gewürztraminer Cluster Select Late Harvest in my Mystery pack lat year and brought it to my NC wine group. Here's the tasting note from my pal AKuehn:
12/16/2017 - PHREDD WROTE: 95 Points
Gorgeous golden color, the nose is tangerine with white flowers and buttercups. The palate is grilled peaches, grilled pineapple, tangerine, lemon, apricot, and even a little of the characteristic lychee from the gewurz. This is very acidic, which lifts it above the sugars and makes it a really nice wine. It is not Sauternes, but is spectacular in its own way. I love this.

I'm thrilled to have turned on my friends to the wonders of Navarro wines. I just ordered a mixed case about a week before BDIX. You can't beat the deals and the $.01 shipping on a case. flirtysmile
Sheila

“There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne.”
― Bette Davis

jleepson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7 Post by jleepson » January 27th, 2018, 8:54 am

In for the mystery pack. And, added some of the varietal grape juice - starting the kids early :)
Jonathan Leepson

Scott Wi3gand
GCC Member
GCC Member

#8 Post by Scott Wi3gand » January 27th, 2018, 8:57 am

My order is in for one mystery pack and another 6 to round out the case. The 2013 late harvest Gewurtztraminer I got last year was a revelation for me! I’ve loved pretty much everything I’ve had so far but especially the whites, enough that this makes my 3rd case from Navarro in 12 months now.

huberww
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9 Post by huberww » January 27th, 2018, 8:57 am

I voted in the poll, but might have given more consideration to "something classic" if I had a better understanding of what that means - older vintage? more mainstream variety?
Bill Huber

Aaron Bennett

#10 Post by Aaron Bennett » January 27th, 2018, 9:01 am

Sheila, Thanks for the great tasting notes! We love to get this kind of feedback. Making Gewürz C.S. Late Harvest is a gift of nature, and wish we could do it every year. Occasionally you'll see us with a similar Muscat or Riesling. Right now we have varying vintages of all three, so I'll try and get some of it in the packs.

Jonathan, thank you for noting the juice. I should mention that like the wine, it too has one-cent shipping when combined with the BDIX mystery pack
Click to see spoiler:
(which doesn't contain juice, by the way)
Aaron Bennett
Navarro Vineyards

jeff g l o v e r

#11 Post by jeff g l o v e r » January 27th, 2018, 9:02 am

In for a mystery plus another 6!

Aaron Bennett

#12 Post by Aaron Bennett » January 27th, 2018, 9:07 am

huberww wrote:I voted in the poll, but might have given more consideration to "something classic" if I had a better understanding of what that means - older vintage? more mainstream variety?
I should have said the poll is for fun, and won't effect your mystery pack selection! I just wanted to get an idea what Berserkers were really amped on.

Our tasting room menu usually has about 15-18 selections on it at any given time, as we produce many different varietals and blends and varying styles there in. We're known for dry Gewürz, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, but also grow Riesling, Muscat, Pinot Gris, and Pinot Blanc. Long term growers supply us with plenty of Zin, Grenache, Syrah, P. Sirah, Mourvèdre, Barbera, Cab... So, long explanation for "classic" meaning anything that I didn't list specifically in the poll.
Aaron Bennett
Navarro Vineyards

Chad R
GCC Member
GCC Member

#13 Post by Chad R » January 27th, 2018, 9:15 am

One of the fun discoveries in last year's BD. Enjoyed all that I opened. In for another + 6 more this year.
Chad R y n br@ndt

Aaron Bennett

#14 Post by Aaron Bennett » January 27th, 2018, 9:16 am

Jeff, Chad. Thank you so much for the great response! We're excited about this year too, and hope the mysteries (and reveals) will be just as fun!
Aaron Bennett
Navarro Vineyards

Cris Whetstone
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15 Post by Cris Whetstone » January 27th, 2018, 9:23 am

I couldn't pass this one up. Great deal for the mystery pack.

The Navarro dry Gewurz is easily one of the best whites for the money from California.

The winery is a fantastic spot for lunch and tasting if you want an excuse to get up that way.

Thanks for the deal! [berserker.gif]
WetRock

"Man prefers to believe what he prefers to be true." - Francis Bacon

"I had taken two finger-bowls of champagne and the scene had changed before my eyes into something significant, elemental, and profound." - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

Aaron Bennett

#16 Post by Aaron Bennett » January 27th, 2018, 9:26 am

Thank you Cris. I'm obviously biased toward Anderson Valley, but it's a great place to taste wine if you're willing to get off the beaten path. Lots of great little tasting rooms, many still complimentary without fee (Navarro included). We're open 7 days a week, offer free tours, so feel free to ditch the crowds, grab some wine, cheese and a hunk of bread, and make a picnic on our lawn.
Aaron Bennett
Navarro Vineyards

Jason Hagen

#17 Post by Jason Hagen » January 27th, 2018, 9:27 am

Done!

I still remember my one trip to Anderson Valley in 1997, sitting out on the lawn with a few bottles of Navarro and a meat and cheese plater.

Jason

Shaner M
GCC Member
GCC Member

#18 Post by Shaner M » January 27th, 2018, 9:37 am

1st time buyer. Looking forward to trying these as I pass through this area every summer. Cheers!
S h ane Mochi zuki

Aaron Bennett

#19 Post by Aaron Bennett » January 27th, 2018, 9:43 am

Jason, Shane, thank you so much! The response has been overwhelming, and we're excited about sending out wine to old customers and new alike! Make sure to drop in to our tasting room on your next visit. Summer is a great time to have a glass of Chardonnay at our outside bar, mere feet from the vines that it was grown from. Or lounge in our comfy lawn chairs sipping on Rosé; We won't judge!
Aaron Bennett
Navarro Vineyards

Scott Wi3gand
GCC Member
GCC Member

#20 Post by Scott Wi3gand » January 27th, 2018, 10:11 am

Scott Wiegand wrote:My order is in for one mystery pack and another 6 to round out the case. The 2013 late harvest Gewurtztraminer I got last year was a revelation for me! I’ve loved pretty much everything I’ve had so far but especially the whites, enough that this makes my 3rd case from Navarro in 12 months now.
I didn’t see the poll at first but my vote was for sweet stuff, something I couldn’t have imagined this time last year since I hadn’t tried your LH Gewurtz yet!

Dan Hammer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#21 Post by Dan Hammer » January 27th, 2018, 10:12 am

Repeating my smart buy from BerserkerDay 8, I'm in for another 6 pack on #BDIX.
This space for rent.

Steve Sliger
GCC Member
GCC Member

#22 Post by Steve Sliger » January 27th, 2018, 10:13 am

order placed! we visited penny royal farms monday and loved the verjus. Also ordered some of the juice for the kids to try, should be a fun family tasting!
~~ I T B ~~

it's easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat...

Flame on, I'm gone
I'm so sweet like a nice bon bon
Came out rapping when I was born
Mom said rock it 'til the break of dawn

Aaron Bennett

#23 Post by Aaron Bennett » January 27th, 2018, 10:24 am

Scott Wiegand wrote:
Scott Wiegand wrote:My order is in for one mystery pack and another 6 to round out the case. The 2013 late harvest Gewurtztraminer I got last year was a revelation for me! I’ve loved pretty much everything I’ve had so far but especially the whites, enough that this makes my 3rd case from Navarro in 12 months now.
I didn’t see the poll at first but my vote was for sweet stuff, something I couldn’t have imagined this time last year since I hadn’t tried your LH Gewurtz yet!
So glad you liked it! It's always a fun wine to surprise guests with, especially if you haven't tried it before. RS is around 15% but still enough acid to start smacking lips.
Aaron Bennett
Navarro Vineyards

Aaron Bennett

#24 Post by Aaron Bennett » January 27th, 2018, 10:27 am

Steve Sliger wrote:order placed! we visited penny royal farms monday and loved the verjus. Also ordered some of the juice for the kids to try, should be a fun family tasting!
Ha, I just saw your post over in the Pennyroyal offer thread and thought, "Whoa, Bob Odenkirk visited Pennyroyal?". [worship.gif] Then I realized I need to start drinking more coffee... We hope you enjoy the juice and the mystery pack!
Aaron Bennett
Navarro Vineyards

Dan R

#25 Post by Dan R » January 27th, 2018, 10:29 am

Dan Hammer wrote:Repeating my smart buy from BerserkerDay 8, I'm in for another 6 pack on #BDIX.
By the beard of Zeus! That's good stuff.
D Rivin
Princess and the Peasant

Dave H.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#26 Post by Dave H. » January 27th, 2018, 10:32 am

Pleased to order a case and looking forward to trying the brut. Aaron, I added some of the inexpensive, smoky ‘08s to my order. Do you think there is still some deliciousness hiding under the smoke?
Hendrik

Aaron Bennett

#27 Post by Aaron Bennett » January 27th, 2018, 10:39 am

Dave H. wrote:Pleased to order a case and looking forward to trying the brut. Aaron, I added some of the inexpensive, smoky ‘08s to my order. Do you think there is still some deliciousness hiding under the smoke?
It definitely is a killer value. I've had mixed reaction to the smoke; some report it's not all that perceptible, especially after a few years, and others who's palettes just can't handle it. Me, I'm pretty OK with it, as long as the paired food is up to the challenge. BBQ? Hells yeah! Smoked chicken, grilled sausages, even bacon-topped pizza are some other ideas.
Aaron Bennett
Navarro Vineyards

Anton D
GCC Member
GCC Member

#28 Post by Anton D » January 27th, 2018, 10:49 am

In for a 12 pack total. (Added a group of pinots, a chard, and a gewurtz!

These wines are superb.

Just go for it, folks!
Anton Dotson

What is man, when you come to think upon him, but a minutely set, ingenious machine for turning, with infinite artfulness, the fine red wine of Shiraz into urine?

Dave H.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#29 Post by Dave H. » January 27th, 2018, 10:55 am

Aaron Bennett wrote:
Dave H. wrote:Pleased to order a case and looking forward to trying the brut. Aaron, I added some of the inexpensive, smoky ‘08s to my order. Do you think there is still some deliciousness hiding under the smoke?
It definitely is a killer value. I've had mixed reaction to the smoke; some report it's not all that perceptible, especially after a few years, and others who's palettes just can't handle it. Me, I'm pretty OK with it, as long as the paired food is up to the challenge. BBQ? Hells yeah! Smoked chicken, grilled sausages, even bacon-topped pizza are some other ideas.
Good to hear. Thanks for the perspective.
Hendrik

brigcampbell
GCC Member
GCC Member

#30 Post by brigcampbell » January 27th, 2018, 10:59 am

brigcampbell wrote:I did this last year and everything was amazing. Pinot... Stunning. All in again.
Forgot to order!!! Got distracted last night.

Done, in for the mystery pack. Can't miss on this one. [truce.gif]

Aaron Bennett

#31 Post by Aaron Bennett » January 27th, 2018, 11:03 am

brigcampbell wrote:
Forgot to order!!! Got distracted last night.

Done, in for the mystery pack. Can't miss on this one. [truce.gif]
Can't imagine why? [drinkers.gif]
Thanks for your order, Brig, and thanks for all you do!
Aaron Bennett
Navarro Vineyards

Rich K0rz€nk0
GCC Member
GCC Member

#32 Post by Rich K0rz€nk0 » January 27th, 2018, 11:09 am

First time buyer as well, went in for the mystery pack + a intro 6 pack kicker. Looking forward to them!
Time Person of the Year - 2006

Aaron Bennett

#33 Post by Aaron Bennett » January 27th, 2018, 11:16 am

Rich K0rzenk0 wrote:First time buyer as well, went in for the mystery pack + a intro 6 pack kicker. Looking forward to them!
Hi Rich, So glad to have you aboard the mystery pack train! Just a heads-up that we have some cold weather putting a delay on shipments going to the east coast; Let me know in PM if you want to override that (not recommended) or no action necessary if you'll wait it out. Hopefully we get a break in the weather sometime soon.
Aaron Bennett
Navarro Vineyards

Aaron Bennett

#34 Post by Aaron Bennett » January 27th, 2018, 11:35 am

OK, Berserkers! Going to make some lunch for the kiddos. If you have any questions about the wine, shipping, or the offer, leave them here and I'll be checking back in to hopefully give you an answer. If you have questions about the juice, I'll get an impartial answer from E. (10), Z. (8) and L. (18 mo).
Aaron Bennett
Navarro Vineyards

Aaron Bennett

#35 Post by Aaron Bennett » January 27th, 2018, 1:15 pm

Dropped back in for a sec to respond to some PMs. We're blown away with the response, so thank you everyone so much.

Don't forget to go bid on Pennyroyal Farm's auction (our sister company) for a guided tour and wine & cheese tasting for 4 (what goes better together, right?).
Aaron Bennett
Navarro Vineyards

Ryan Strasil

#36 Post by Ryan Strasil » January 27th, 2018, 1:26 pm

in for the mystery pack

Thanks!

Aaron Bennett

#37 Post by Aaron Bennett » January 27th, 2018, 2:26 pm

Ryan Strasil wrote:in for the mystery pack

Thanks!
Hi Ryan, thanks for the order!
Aaron Bennett
Navarro Vineyards

markgjones

#38 Post by markgjones » January 27th, 2018, 3:09 pm

Done!

Aaron Bennett

#39 Post by Aaron Bennett » January 27th, 2018, 3:40 pm

markgjones wrote:Done!
Thanks Mark!

You guys have been awesome! I thought I'd share some early stats with all the Berserkers:

61% of you added additional wine to get One-Cent shipping.
Following the BerserkerDay pack, the top sellers today have been:
Aaron Bennett
Navarro Vineyards

Aaron Bennett

#40 Post by Aaron Bennett » January 27th, 2018, 4:51 pm

With so many great offers today, I hope everyone's credit cards have had stoped smoking! [truce.gif]

I just wanted to mention that the BerserkerDay Mystery pack and One-Cent ground shipping is getting turned off tonight, so if you're on the fence about placing an order, today's your day!

To everyone who bought in, first time or otherwise, a huge THANK YOU and we hope you enjoy! We'll continue the fun if you come back and post what your mystery pack contained!
Aaron Bennett
Navarro Vineyards

Rich K0rz€nk0
GCC Member
GCC Member

#41 Post by Rich K0rz€nk0 » January 27th, 2018, 5:03 pm

Aaron Bennett wrote:
Rich K0rzenk0 wrote:First time buyer as well, went in for the mystery pack + a intro 6 pack kicker. Looking forward to them!
Hi Rich, So glad to have you aboard the mystery pack train! Just a heads-up that we have some cold weather putting a delay on shipments going to the east coast; Let me know in PM if you want to override that (not recommended) or no action necessary if you'll wait it out. Hopefully we get a break in the weather sometime soon.
Thanks Aaron,

No rush and feel free to ship when you feel the weather is permitting, all good.

Much Appreciated,

Rich
Time Person of the Year - 2006

Nick T.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#42 Post by Nick T. » January 28th, 2018, 10:49 am

I got in this offer late last night with the mystery pack and an intro to Navarro 6 pack. Bought the mystery 6 pack last year and didn't add 6 more bottles for the $.01 shipping. I wasn't going to make the same mistake this year.
T=t0um@n!os

Aaron Bennett

#43 Post by Aaron Bennett » January 28th, 2018, 7:17 pm

Nick T. wrote:I got in this offer late last night with the mystery pack and an intro to Navarro 6 pack. Bought the mystery 6 pack last year and didn't add 6 more bottles for the $.01 shipping. I wasn't going to make the same mistake this year.
Happy you made it in under the wire, Nick, and we hope you enjoy the mystery pack!
Aaron Bennett
Navarro Vineyards

Aaron Bennett

#44 Post by Aaron Bennett » January 29th, 2018, 11:45 pm

As many of you know, we're holding onto packs that would be at risk of hitting cold weather. I'm happy to report, though, many west coasters' shipments left the winery this morning... Some of you will be getting your mystery packs very, very soon!

We love to read about (and see photos of!) what you received in your mystery pack! Please consider either posting in this thread, tweet us @navarrowine, Instagram it, or post to our FaceBook. Don't forget your #BDIX hashtags too so people know where to go next year!
Aaron Bennett
Navarro Vineyards

Anton D
GCC Member
GCC Member

#45 Post by Anton D » January 30th, 2018, 2:31 pm

I received my shipment already!

I am at work and leaving town, so won't be able to post pics 'til next week, but here it is!

Woo Hoo!

How fast is that? Berserker Day Saturday, at my office today!

Kudos!
Anton Dotson

C. Ng

#46 Post by C. Ng » January 30th, 2018, 6:24 pm

Aaron, thanks for the great deal and quick turnaround. I received my order today!

My mystery pack contained a bottle of: 2014 Chardonnay, 2015 Muscat Blanc, 2016 Rose, 2015 Navarrouge, 2014 Zinfandel and 2013 Pinot Noir.

Cheers!
C-H-I

R yan C omaz zetto
GCC Member
GCC Member

#47 Post by R yan C omaz zetto » January 31st, 2018, 5:51 pm

Received today in Seattle - thanks for being so quick!

My mystery pack is the same as Chi's, but swap the Chard for Sauv Blanc.

Looking forward to diving in!

Adam G

#48 Post by Adam G » January 31st, 2018, 6:01 pm

Received today in SoCal, and rather pleased at the distribution! 2014&15 Pinot Noir Deep End, 2014 Unfiltered Pinot Noir l'Ancienne, 2014 Chardonnay 1er Reserve, 2014 Gewurtztraminer Brut, 2013 Mendocino Cab Sauv
A. Gr0ssm@n

Scott Wi3gand
GCC Member
GCC Member

#49 Post by Scott Wi3gand » January 31st, 2018, 7:31 pm

Adam G wrote:Received today in SoCal, and rather pleased at the distribution! 2014&15 Pinot Noir Deep End, 2014 Unfiltered Pinot Noir l'Ancienne, 2014 Chardonnay 1er Reserve, 2014 Gewurtztraminer Brut, 2013 Mendocino Cab Sauv
Rather pleased, that’s pretty much a jackpot mystery pack!

brigcampbell
GCC Member
GCC Member

#50 Post by brigcampbell » January 31st, 2018, 8:41 pm

Mine arrived today but the ups guy couldn't wait for me to get downstairs after ringing the door bell.

Tag stuck to the door...

Return to “BerserkerDay IX (January 27, 2018 - it was a doozy!)”