Harrington Wines "Short & Simple" Four-pak: try something out of the ordinary!

Harrington’s “Short & Simple’’ BerserkerDay IX Offer

STORY: keeping it short
Harrington Wines was started in 2002 with a focus on old-vine, organic and sustainably-grown Pinot Noir. Since 2008 we have been digging around California’s back-country for forgotten viticultural gems with good bones and tended to by prudent, mindful growers. Recent discoveries include Corvina, Trousseau, Freisa, Alvarelhão, Mission, Aglianico, Sagrantino, and Nebbiolo. In the winery, we steer clear of all the techno hocus-pocus and stick hard by the basics with an aim to produce lively, focused wines with an open, generous spirit.

OFFER: keeping it simple
Most Berserkers responded over the last few years to the four-pak specials, so there will be just one offer this year of… surprise! … a four-pak. This offer is discounted more than 25% for this occasion only.

The BerserkerDay Four-pak
2017 Vernalis, a Ramato-style Pinot Gris, John Smith Vineyard, San Benito County reg. $25.
2017 Mission, Somers Vineyard, Mokelumne River reg. $25.
2016 Tempesta, a Corvina 76% and Pinot Noir 24% blend, California reg. $30.
2014 Nebbiolo, Luna Matta and Pelletiere Vineyards, Paso Robles reg. $35.

Four-pak regular price: $115
BerserkerDay price: $85

PURCHASE:
If you are interested, go to the PURCHASE page on the Harrington website: PURCHASE – Harrington Wines
Once there, click the ADD TO CART button directly under the BERSERKER DAY SPECIAL offer.
Taxes (CA only) and shipping cost will be added.
Sorry, we cannot ship to AL, DE, KY, MS, NY, OK, UT

This offer will not ship until April. You will be contacted before shipping.
Any questions, please call me, Bryan Harrington, after January 31st @ 415.652.9655 or email: bh at harringtonwine dot com
I will be traveling during BerserkerDay and returning on February 1, so if you have any immediate concerns, please contact assistant winemaker, Ken Zinns: kenzinns at earthlink dot net

ABOUT THE WINES:
Vernalis: A Ramato-style Pinot Gris fermented whole cluster in concrete, this is a richly colored Rose wine. Forget whatever you thought you knew about Pinot Gris being a pale, insipid drink as the floral and fruit-driven aromatics, nervy palate and deep structure of this wine will redefine your understanding.
Mission: California’s oldest Vinifera survivor brought to the Americas by the Spanish back in the 1500s. Very old vines growing on the sands of the Mokelumne River. Carbonic fermentation brings watermelon to the table in a glass. A whole cluster ferment brings the structure.
Tempesta: A unique blend of Corvina and Pinot Noir inspired by the wines of Bardolino and Valpolicella, this wine makes for a great summer sipper. Expect raspberry fruit on the palate and aromatics of fresh strawberry and dried rose petal. As it turns out, Corvina and Pinot Noir are related (Corvina is Pinot Noir’s fourth-generation grandchild) so they pull together seamlessly.
Nebbiolo: Aromatically complex with hibiscus, black currant, baking spice and cherry pipe tobacco. Flavors of blackberry, Empress plum, black tea, clove, loamy earth. Firmly structured with significant grip. A rare, new world expression of Nebbiolo.

[resizeableimage=499,332]https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/26841357_10209753815236728_7604172078932681793_o.jpg?oh=76fc8c11834d415d98b04525ed6bf211&oe=5AE22539[/resizeableimage]

Gotta support the boys out in the wild west wine frontier. The Nebbiolo was awesome from a past BD and I’m excited to to try the mission, that’s living history.

I’ve been wanting to try these wines, I’m in!

Good purchase Eric, I was plowing through CT and grabbed all my Harrington notes. Fun stuff.

• 2012 Harrington Nebbiolo - USA, California, Central Coast, Paso Robles (12/20/2015)
    What a great little bottle of Cali Nebbiolo. Very precise and elegant bottle. Beautiful bright cherry core with round tannins and medium acid. Wish I had more and would definitely let a few age. Even better because the winemaker is a really nice guy.
  • 2013 Harrington Lagrein Berardo Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Paso Robles (6/21/2015)
    Extremely vibrant purple color. Nose shows a bit of game, like a Mourvèdre. Fruit profile is ripe raspberry and blackberry. This will stain your teeth. Strong foundation of calcium mineral. Good savory quality yet delicious fruit.
  • 2013 Harrington Trousseau Siletto Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Cienega Valley (3/29/2015)
    Crystalline cranberry color. Nose isn’t giving up much, muted red berry. Light weight mouthfeel with high acid. There’s strong red berry, tart cranberry and mineral notes. Angular and tart. Bravo. (92 pts.)
  • 2013 Harrington Lagrein Berardo Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Paso Robles (2/24/2015)
    Falltacular 2015 (FMIII in the OC): Very dark, reminds me of a dolcetto. This is approachable right now. I have a bottle of this and will spend more time with it later.
  • 2013 Harrington Nebbiolo - USA, California, Central Coast, Paso Robles (2/24/2015)
    Falltacular 2015 (FMIII in the OC): Wow, this is a nice Nebbiolo. You’d never guess california. This needs time in the cellar and has the structure to easily age. Saving this for a pasta night, no doubt. Excellent effort.
  • 2013 Harrington Pinot Noir Coast Grade Vineyard - USA, California, San Francisco Bay, Santa Cruz Mountains (1/30/2015)
    Pop n pour. Light cherry color. If you love strawberries then this wine has the nose for you, a muddled berry, and even a hint of strawberry shortcake. Heading over to the palate I’m curious. Wow, is this tasty. Strawberry, rhubarb, prickly fine tannins, light toast, and stem flavor. There a lot of acid mid palate, that’s a good thing. The finish is very long and the tannins are lightly nipping my tongue throughout. Weight is medium, you won’t find any goopy syrup here probably because the acid, extremely clean. Is this an early indicator for '13 PN from Santa Cruz? Let’s hope that’s the case.
  • 2010 Harrington Pinot Noir Thompson Vineyard Mendocino - USA, California, North Coast, Mendocino (11/24/2013)
    I like this wine It has tart red fruit and a medium plus finish with a very nice balance, excellent wine.
  • 2011 Harrington Pinot Noir Stori Vineyard Russian River Valley - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (2/17/2013)
    Falltacular 2013 (FMIII in the OC): Attractive fruit compote. Palate explodes with sweet red and blackberry. Medium finish. Fun drinking it with winemaker, really nice gentleman.

Posted from CellarTracker

Agreed, Brig!
The Mission is so intriguing–to imagine it coming first to California w/ Junipero Serra and other Franciscan missionaries, fantastic history. Kudos to Ken & Harrington for keeping it alive.

Interesting 4 pack, can’t wait to give it a spin

No option for Pickup for Bay Area locals?

Sean

Thanks for your question, Sean. It won’t be any problem to arrange a pick-up with Bryan Harrington at the winery. Although that option is not set up on the order page, I’m sure that Bryan will refund the shipping portion for you. Please feel free to email Bryan to arrange a pick-up (his email is in the offer but as noted, he’s on the road right now - should be back later next week). As mentioned in the offer, the BerserkerDay four-pak will be ready to go in April.

Thanks again - cheers! [cheers.gif]

As a warning, Bryan might make you taste some wine.

-Al

Thanks Ken. Wes has been trying to get me up to the winery for a while…

Order in!

Sean

Ah, a friend of Wes! Always happy to have him bring people to the winery. And I heard via email from Bryan that he got your order and will refund the shipping fee since you’ll be picking up your order.

Thanks for ordering! [cheers.gif]

[rofl.gif]

He doesn’t even know…

Sweet! Just picked up a 4PAK. Digging this Berserker Day thing! champagne.gif

Thanks, Stephanie! And thanks to Sean, Rich, Eric, Kurt, and Brig for your comments and orders too! [cheers.gif]

As mentioned earlier to Sean, if you’re a Bay Area local and would like to pick up your wine order rather than having it shipped to you, please send Bryan Harrington an email and he’ll be happy to have you come by and to refund the shipping cost on your order. But as Al and Wes have noted, you’ll most likely have to taste some wine with Bryan at the winery. [wow.gif]

Thanks again to everyone - it’s been a great BerserkerDay so far, and still plenty of the day ahead! [thankyou.gif]

A big thank-you to those who have ordered this afternoon! If you’re looking for something a little out of the ordinary from California, we still have four-paks available but best to order soon. Thanks!

[cheers.gif]

Heard from Bryan Harrington this morning (he’s checking on interesting grape varieties in Spain and Italy to import into the US) that there are still BerserkerDay four-paks available, so here’s a second chance for those of you who didn’t quite blow your entire wine budget yesterday!

[cheers.gif]