BerserkerDay IX Master Thread/FAQ - Records set!!! Over $500,000 in wine/wine related goods sold!

Warm up your credit cards and come on in, as here is where you will find all the BerserkerDay offers - open to EVERYONE who loves wine. Apologize to your spouse or significant other ahead of time.
Emily Richer
GCC Member
GCC Member

BerserkerDay IX Master Thread/FAQ (Please Read) ALL OFFERS POSTED, AUCTIONS LIVE!

#201 Post by Emily Richer » January 27th, 2018, 11:38 pm

Sean_S wrote:Tapped out at 49 bottles and a wine check! Fitting dinner to end a Berserker Day.... Bachelor this weekend so something quick and easy.
Flannery 30 Day Strip and Veggies.
IMG_3942.JPG
That looks delicious. BerserkerDay party at your place next year!
ITB - VIRAGE NAPA VALLEY

Emily Richer
GCC Member
GCC Member

BerserkerDay IX Master Thread/FAQ (Please Read) ALL OFFERS POSTED, AUCTIONS LIVE!

#202 Post by Emily Richer » January 28th, 2018, 12:13 am

Cris Whetstone wrote: If I could mix 'n match some other packs I'd drop in for more but I gotta call it.

[berserker.gif]
Therein the rub: for accounting/inventory tracking data entry, label printing, folding boxes, picking, packing.... we small producers go for consistent packs to streamline the process and honestly to encourage you serious collectors to TASTE what we really think you'll LOVE, but not always the fit :)

I was overwhelmed by customizing last year so I put up the NO SUBSTITUTIONS sign...

All to say, I might try smaller paks next year. The BersekerBusiness power-hitters seem to sell in 3paks...
ITB - VIRAGE NAPA VALLEY

C Prince
GCC Member
GCC Member

#203 Post by C Prince » January 28th, 2018, 5:15 am

Todd and all of your enablers (aka participating wineries) - thank you for the great party yesterday! champagne.gif Was awesome...woke up this morning with big regrets....realized that I didn’t buy enough wine! Am wondering if CT will go down today from the BD load. LOL. But seriously, Many thanks to the participating wineries - it’s obvious that a lot of thought went into the offers. Already looking forward to next year! [welldone.gif]
∰Col leen∰

Charlie Carnes

BerserkerDay IX Master Thread/FAQ (Please Read) WE ARE LIVE WITH BERSERKERDAY!

#204 Post by Charlie Carnes » January 28th, 2018, 5:22 am

Mike Evans wrote:Well done!
Indeed! Blows my 70 bottles and 13 steaks away. What a fun day it was!
So shines a good deed in a weary world!

dave kammerer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#205 Post by dave kammerer » January 28th, 2018, 6:45 am

58 bottles from 10 producers, a great day for wine buying

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#206 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 28th, 2018, 7:23 am

brigcampbell wrote:Rich deserves some kind of BD badge.

Comeback player of the year?
That's a lot of words for a tiny badge!!! Possible options:

BD ALL PRO
BD VETERAN

I've added another one, for Nola Palomar - BD MVP - and will have a new thread in Wine Talk about all the awards, and who they go to.
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

sdfruman
BerserkerDay All-Pro
BerserkerDay All-Pro

#207 Post by sdfruman » January 28th, 2018, 7:45 am

sdfruman wrote:A light year for me. Only 38 bottles from:
tercero
Franny Beck
Sandler
Ladd
Stellareese
Young Hagen
Zoetic
Patty Green
betwixt
Plus 2 GG Gold for backups
Added a Crawford 3 pack and Paetra Pinot and Mixed Riesling packs. 11 producers, 4 that were new or new to me this year. Total 53 bottles not counting the mixed case from Navarro I bought last week. I had a blast watching Rich K order like a demon (or is that daemon?) ;)
Sheila

“There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne.”
― Bette Davis

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#208 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 28th, 2018, 7:57 am

sdfruman wrote:
tercero
Franny Beck
Sandler
Ladd
Stellareese
Young Hagen
Zoetic
Patty Green
betwixt
Added a Crawford 3 pack and Paetra Pinot and Mixed Riesling packs. 11 producers, 4 that were new or new to me this year. Total 53 bottles not counting the mixed case from Navarro I bought last week. I had a blast watching Rich K order like a demon (or is that daemon?) ;)
Check this out...

https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/vi ... 1&t=148378
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

Bryan Price
GCC Member
GCC Member

#209 Post by Bryan Price » January 28th, 2018, 8:14 am

Todd F r e n c h wrote:Can anybody beat Korzenko??

104 bottles???

Bryan, isn't this your first BerserkerDay? I think you might win BD ROTY (Rookie of the Year)!

Any first-timers with more purchases than 35 bottles??
Yup it's my first BD!
Life's too short to drink bad wine.

Rich K0rz€nk0
GCC Member
GCC Member

#210 Post by Rich K0rz€nk0 » January 28th, 2018, 8:23 am

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
sdfruman wrote:
tercero
Franny Beck
Sandler
Ladd
Stellareese
Young Hagen
Zoetic
Patty Green
betwixt
Check this out...

Wow, and Thank You (@Todd and @Brig), unexpected and appreciated. [cheers.gif]

@Sheila, ha! yes, I can still wear that moniker. Great to see you keeping this place lively and classy :) . Its been wayyyy to long and I hope that all has been well. I've been trying to find more time for myself, this was a good start.
Time Person of the Year - 2006

Nola Palomar
BerserkerDay MVP
BerserkerDay MVP

#211 Post by Nola Palomar » January 28th, 2018, 8:31 am

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
brigcampbell wrote:Rich deserves some kind of BD badge.

Comeback player of the year?
That's a lot of words for a tiny badge!!! Possible options:

BD ALL PRO
BD VETERAN

I've added another one, for Nola Palomar - BD MVP - and will have a new thread in Wine Talk about all the awards, and who they go to.
Thank you Todd! I know I receive so much more than I give here! flirtysmile flirtysmile [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif]
Nola
ITB

Veleta
Bodega Dominio Buenavista
D.O.P. Granada, Spain

Juan Manuel Palomar MD - 1948-2018 Husband, Father, Surgeon, Mentor, Winery owner & Winemaker, my everything...RIP
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

sdfruman
BerserkerDay All-Pro
BerserkerDay All-Pro

#212 Post by sdfruman » January 28th, 2018, 8:31 am

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
sdfruman wrote:
tercero
Franny Beck
Sandler
Ladd
Stellareese
Young Hagen
Zoetic
Patty Green
betwixt
Check this out...

OMG, THANK YOU Todd! I really tried to enable this year as much as buy! As many of you know, I am a HUGE fan of small producers and love to watch them progress from one BD to the next. I am thrilled when I recommend a winery and my friends fall in love with them as well! I will proudly wear the BD All Pro banner! Let's all thank Todd and Brig for all their hard work making BD the BEST day of the year!!! You guys rock! champagne.gif flirtysmile
Sheila

“There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne.”
― Bette Davis

RKatz
BD Rookie of the Year
BD Rookie of the Year

#213 Post by RKatz » January 28th, 2018, 9:11 am

1st BD for me! [dance-clap.gif] Subscribed this year, but missed the preview due to work/party. Likely a good thing.

Bryceland-24 What was I thinking!?
Cabot -12
Wilde Farm-8
Ladd-6
Liquid farm-6
Smith-Madrone-6
Arcadian-6

Damn. That makes 68, not to mention the 15 I also ordered from JJB with nice specials...
Already have some GG's and didn't get a chance to look at the steaks. Maybe next time.

Only redeeming factor is it looks like I unintentionally bested MikeE who I can wholeheartedly blame for this.
He better come over to help me cull to make room before these start arriving in the spring!

RK

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#214 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 28th, 2018, 9:20 am

R (need your first name in your signature btw) you just ousted Bryan!

AFAIK currently, you are the leader for ROTY, and I will change the Awards thread in Wine Talk to reflect that!

Bryan, now you can only aim for Champ, as you will no longer be a rookie. Aim high!!
RKatz wrote:1st BD for me! [dance-clap.gif] Subscribed this year, but missed the preview due to work/party. Likely a good thing.

Cabot -12
Wilde Farm-8
Ladd-6
Liquid farm-6
Smith-Madrone-6
Arcadian-6

Damn. That makes 68, not to mention the 15 I also ordered from JJB with nice specials...
Already have some GG's and didn't get a chance to look at the steaks. Maybe next time.

Only redeeming factor is it looks like I unintentionally bested MikeE who I can wholeheartedly blame for this.
He better come over to help me cull to make room before these start arriving in the spring!

RK

Cris Whetstone
GCC Member
GCC Member

#215 Post by Cris Whetstone » January 28th, 2018, 9:25 am

Emily Richer wrote:
Cris Whetstone wrote: If I could mix 'n match some other packs I'd drop in for more but I gotta call it.

[berserker.gif]
Therein the rub: for accounting/inventory tracking data entry, label printing, folding boxes, picking, packing.... we small producers go for consistent packs to streamline the process and honestly to encourage you serious collectors to TASTE what we really think you'll LOVE, but not always the fit :)

I was overwhelmed by customizing last year so I put up the NO SUBSTITUTIONS sign...

All to say, I might try smaller paks next year. The BersekerBusiness power-hitters seem to sell in 3paks...
I completely understand this Emily. I didn't even bother people with my particular wishes because I know small producers are already putting their thing out there in a big way for BD. We all appreciate it and love to take advantage. I prefer to be happy with what I was able to get rather than harp on people for what I want.

Thanks again! grouphug
WetRock

"Man prefers to believe what he prefers to be true." - Francis Bacon

"I had taken two finger-bowls of champagne and the scene had changed before my eyes into something significant, elemental, and profound." - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

AndrewH

#216 Post by AndrewH » January 28th, 2018, 9:26 am

Emily Richer wrote:

[berserker.gif]

One buyer's view - it's great when wineries offer some sort of smaller "intro" pack - lower cost/lower risk. Definitely makes pulling the trigger easier.

Nothing wrong with larger packs too for folks who are repeat customers or to offer some greater variety.
Andrew H e i m e r t

RKatz
BD Rookie of the Year
BD Rookie of the Year

#217 Post by RKatz » January 28th, 2018, 9:28 am

It's Randy. Guess I should edit my user name to full.
Wow.. I bested Mike and may even get higher accolades than that!

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#218 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 28th, 2018, 9:29 am

RKatz wrote:
It's Randy. Guess I should edit my user name to full.
Wow.. I bested Mike and may even get higher accolades than that!
No need to have the username changed (though I can do that for you) - just go to User Control Panel and add Randy to your signature. It keeps you 'invisible' to searches, too, unless someone searches 'RKatz'

Mike Evans
BerserkerDay All-Pro
BerserkerDay All-Pro

#219 Post by Mike Evans » January 28th, 2018, 9:42 am

RKatz wrote:1st BD for me! [dance-clap.gif] Subscribed this year, but missed the preview due to work/party. Likely a good thing.

Cabot -12
Wilde Farm-8
Ladd-6
Liquid farm-6
Smith-Madrone-6
Arcadian-6

RK
Nice job, Randy, way to step up for your BD debut! With so many great offers it is easy to go deep even when you pass on the vast majority of what is available. Quite a bit of overlap in our purchases so you clearly chose well, but I didn’t get any Smith-Madrone.

RKatz
BD Rookie of the Year
BD Rookie of the Year

#220 Post by RKatz » January 28th, 2018, 10:26 am

Mike Evans wrote:
Nice job, Randy, way to step up for your BD debut! With so many great offers it is easy to go deep even when you pass on the vast majority of what is available. Quite a bit of overlap in our purchases so you clearly chose well, but I didn’t get any Smith-Madrone.
Added that in to have something to share back.. Went for the ones I wanted in the cellar first, then time got too tight to experiment much. S-M had some nice accolades, as did too many others!

Kevin.Evans

#221 Post by Kevin.Evans » January 28th, 2018, 12:07 pm

First day aboard Berserker and I opened with 55 bottles and a Magnum. I feel like a light weight, lol.

Emily Richer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#222 Post by Emily Richer » January 28th, 2018, 3:49 pm

I wish I lived near other Berserkers, to meet up with and drink bloody marys and eat a big brunch today! I'm marooned out here in the desert island of wine country in January! So, since y'all talk about your buys--congrats to the champs, good drinking all year!--I'll add sells: 201 bottles (so far). 45% of orders repeat buyers. Some of the newbies had tasted at offlines or with WB friends :)

Plus great laughs all day - why the hell don't I sign on more often??
ITB - VIRAGE NAPA VALLEY

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#223 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 28th, 2018, 4:39 pm

Emily Richer wrote:I wish I lived near other Berserkers, to meet up with and drink bloody marys and eat a big brunch today! I'm marooned out here in the desert island of wine country in January! So, since y'all talk about your buys--congrats to the champs, good drinking all year!--I'll add sells: 201 bottles (so far). 45% of orders repeat buyers. Some of the newbies had tasted at offlines or with WB friends :)

Plus great laughs all day - why the hell don't I sign on more often??
You were a little busy lately with the tree falling on your super cool cottage!

rjquillin
GCC Member
GCC Member

#224 Post by rjquillin » January 28th, 2018, 6:26 pm

Third year, I think, or is it the 4th..?
Looking seems I've been here since '13, but outdid myself this year.
77 bottles, and a mag, from 29 stores, unless I missed some.
Still counting.
Plus Nola and Brian picking my pocket for meat!
Last edited by rjquillin on January 30th, 2018, 8:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
~Ron Q~

Bryan Price
GCC Member
GCC Member

#225 Post by Bryan Price » January 29th, 2018, 1:13 pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
Bryan, now you can only aim for Champ, as you will no longer be a rookie. Aim high!!

RK
Shouldn't be a problem as I seem to multiply my wine purchases year after year! At least these are great deals. I bought about 17% of my bottles (based on last year's spending) all in one day, but at 12% of the cost. Looking forward to next year!
Life's too short to drink bad wine.

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#226 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 29th, 2018, 1:23 pm

I'm doing an anonymous poll of participants, and with less than half reporting, we're over $250k in sales for BerserkerDay IX!!!!

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

BerserkerDay IX Master Thread/FAQ - Records set!!! Over $400,000 in wine/wine related goods sold!

#227 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 30th, 2018, 10:54 am

I did an anonymous survey for participants, and, in the past, I've often guessed at the number based on the replies I'd receive from those willing to share. I may have been far off in my prior numbers shared with everybody (around $250,000 sold) because with only 2/3 of participants responding thus far, we're over $360,000 in sales for BerserkerDay IX!!!!

Mike Evans
BerserkerDay All-Pro
BerserkerDay All-Pro

BerserkerDay IX Master Thread/FAQ - Records set!!! Over $400,000 in wine/wine related goods sold!

#228 Post by Mike Evans » January 30th, 2018, 11:24 am

Todd F r e n c h wrote:I did an anonymous survey for participants, and, in the past, I've often guessed at the number based on the replies I'd receive from those willing to share. I may have been far off in my prior numbers shared with everybody (around $250,000 sold) because with only 2/3 of participants responding thus far, we're over $360,000 in sales for BerserkerDay IX!!!!
Todd, how are you doing the survey? I haven’t seen anything.

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#229 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 30th, 2018, 11:32 am

Mike Evans wrote:
Todd F r e n c h wrote:I did an anonymous survey for participants, and, in the past, I've often guessed at the number based on the replies I'd receive from those willing to share. I may have been far off in my prior numbers shared with everybody (around $250,000 sold) because with only 2/3 of participants responding thus far, we're over $360,000 in sales for BerserkerDay IX!!!!
Todd, how are you doing the survey? I haven’t seen anything.
That's because it's only accessible by those who sold wine or wine-related goods on BerserkerDay

brigcampbell
GCC Member
GCC Member

#230 Post by brigcampbell » January 30th, 2018, 1:42 pm

The WineBerserker Lurker community is what drives the revenue on berserkerday, probably 10x the activity posted in an actual offer thread.

But those posts, testimonials, stories, and confirmation into an offer by the berserker faithful is VERY important to those participants. Great to see the trust.

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#231 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 30th, 2018, 1:47 pm

brigcampbell wrote:The WineBerserker Lurker community is what drives the revenue on berserkerday, probably 10x the activity posted in an actual offer thread.

But those posts, testimonials, stories, and confirmation into an offer by the berserker faithful is VERY important to those participants. Great to see the trust.
True, but also the Subscribers buy the SNOT out of Early Purchase Offers, by all accounts of what I've received in feedback from BerserkerBusiness members.

The lurkers, however, are VERY active on BerserkerDay. I know this for certain as I see who is logged in, and also who chooses to be a Subscriber - hundreds of people who haven't posted a single time, but have been on the forum for years, and spend all day on it Jan 26-27

Dan Hammer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#232 Post by Dan Hammer » January 30th, 2018, 2:11 pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote: over $360,000 in sales for BerserkerDay IX!!!!
That's a lot of miles and points. [cheers.gif] [cheers.gif] [cheers.gif]
This space for rent.

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#233 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 30th, 2018, 2:54 pm

Dan Hammer wrote:
Yeah, don't you wish it was all routed on your credit card?

Good luck getting all those reimbursements!

Anton D
GCC Member
GCC Member

#234 Post by Anton D » January 30th, 2018, 3:02 pm

For any lurkers out there, the pre-sale day value more than paid for any subscription fee.

Wow, 400K!

champagne.gif
Anton Dotson

Dan Hammer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#235 Post by Dan Hammer » January 30th, 2018, 4:19 pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
Dan Hammer wrote:
Yeah, don't you wish it was all routed on your credit card?

Good luck getting all those reimbursements!
To help you make some money (miles and points on BDX), I would suggest that we all paypal you for our purchases, then you can use your credit card. [whistle.gif]
This space for rent.

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#236 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 30th, 2018, 5:01 pm

Dan Hammer wrote:
To help you make some money (miles and points on BDX), I would suggest that we all paypal you for our purchases, then you can use your credit card. [whistle.gif]
Great idea - will look fantastic on my tax forms, too. [pwn.gif]

Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member

#237 Post by Brian Tuite » January 30th, 2018, 7:51 pm

Ho Li Fuk!
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

"Something so subtle only I can detect it." ~ Randy Bowman

2019 WOTY...

Scott Watkins
GCC Member
GCC Member

#238 Post by Scott Watkins » January 31st, 2018, 9:36 am

Great to see this much support for the little guys, wow!
Pruning the vine is a primordial gesture through which man passes from barbarity to culture.

larry schaffer
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#239 Post by larry schaffer » January 31st, 2018, 11:51 am

It looks like over $500K now based on the survey - YIKES!
larry schaffer
tercero wines

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

BerserkerDay IX Master Thread/FAQ - Records set!!! Over $500,000 in wine/wine related goods sold!

#240 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 31st, 2018, 11:52 am

Well, you numbers crunchers, here's some data for ya!!

Still need another 10-15 respondents, but holy crap...we're over $500k!
Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 11.45.48 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 11.45.48 AM.png (109.25 KiB) Viewed 765 times
We all 'know' who the one mega-numbers participant was, but that's impressive nonetheless.

(Data taken from a forum only accessible by those who participated as sellers in BerserkerDay)

Mike Evans
BerserkerDay All-Pro
BerserkerDay All-Pro

#241 Post by Mike Evans » January 31st, 2018, 1:15 pm

Todd, have you found much of a correlation between BD sales and participation on WB the rest of the year?

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#242 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 31st, 2018, 1:19 pm

Mike Evans wrote:Todd, have you found much of a correlation between BD sales and participation on WB the rest of the year?
Nope. The 'core' of participants is always there, and many don't buy a single item on BerserkerDay, and never will. Then there are the active posters who also are active on BerserkerDay, and there are literally thousands of lurkers who don't post AT ALL but are crazy active on BerserkerDay. On the 'participants' side (those who sell on BerserkerDay) I'd say the majority (60% ish) participate semi-frequently, or have in the past, in the community on a regular basis. Many pop in and then never come back until next BerserkerDay, which I think has some impact on their results.

larry schaffer
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#243 Post by larry schaffer » January 31st, 2018, 1:52 pm

Todd,

Interesting comments. You really think 60% of the wineries that offered products on WB Day - or perhaps about 40 wineries in total - are 'semi-frequent' posters now or in the recent past? I'd love to believe that's the case, but my guess is that it is a lower number than that.

And it would be interesting to look at purchasers if at all possible and correlate that with 'activity on the board' - is there any way to do so? Curious . . . Perhaps a poll could be created for purchasers?

Cheers!
larry schaffer
tercero wines

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#244 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 31st, 2018, 2:24 pm

larry schaffer wrote:Todd,

Interesting comments. You really think 60% of the wineries that offered products on WB Day - or perhaps about 40 wineries in total - are 'semi-frequent' posters now or in the recent past? I'd love to believe that's the case, but my guess is that it is a lower number than that.

And it would be interesting to look at purchasers if at all possible and correlate that with 'activity on the board' - is there any way to do so? Curious . . . Perhaps a poll could be created for purchasers?

Cheers!
Larry, I don't have that data, but anybody interested could easily see it by looking at the offers, seeing how many total posts and/or date registered for the person making the offer.

As for purchasers, really tough to get a poll going as - like I mentioned earlier - a HUGE portion of the buyers on BerserkerDay are not active posters. To get non-posters to come on the forum to post in a poll won't be accurate, as...they don't post.

Mark Maddox
GCC Member
GCC Member

#245 Post by Mark Maddox » January 31st, 2018, 2:26 pm

Well I joined 3 weeks ago, will probably lurk more than post...but loved my first BD, bought 31 bottles!

S Karnik

#246 Post by S Karnik » January 31st, 2018, 9:31 pm

Noob BD IX experience
  • 1. Very appreciative of the opportunity to try new wines from passionate and talented winemakers that I most likely would have never been exposed to, or, have access to at my 'go to' wine shops
    2. Have some inkling of the all the work that went in behind the scenes from Todd and team to bring this all together. Thank you!
    3. Very helpful to be able to rely on the guidance and recommendations of the active contributors who shared their TN and experiences with prior offerings of the various sellers on BDs past.
    4. Very instructive to hear the sellers’ perspective on the challenges and considerations on constructing their offers - I understand now
    5. For me, this was an opportunity to experience a variety of new wines and winemakers at low risk as well as the incentive of great deals.

I had a preliminary list of about a dozen winemakers that I was considering buying from

I bought 26 wines from 5

I had narrowed my initial list based on my pre-reading of reviews prior wines on this site, CT, as well as their own websites

For my final decision, in retrospect, the key deciding factors were
  • - Mixed packs: I wanted to be able to try different grapes, styles from the winemaker vs. being locked into multiples of a wine I did not know

- No minimums: When there were only 1-2 wines on offer, thus nixing a mixed pack, I wanted to be able to buy just 1 or 2 of each type to try out

- Price: I opted for the better price/ discount, especially where I was choosing 2 similar wines (e.g., grape, AVA, winemaker)
Welcome thoughts & comments on how to expand my enjoyment of wine. I know both my palate and wallet will thank you
SK

Cris Whetstone
GCC Member
GCC Member

#247 Post by Cris Whetstone » January 31st, 2018, 10:10 pm

For those of us not part of the 'we' or in the 'know' who was the mega-seller?
WetRock

"I had taken two finger-bowls of champagne and the scene had changed before my eyes into something significant, elemental, and profound." - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

Ed Murray
GCC Member
GCC Member

#248 Post by Ed Murray » January 31st, 2018, 10:25 pm

Cris Whetstone wrote:For those of us not part of the 'we' or in the 'know' who was the mega-seller?
Those are some beefy sales so I'm gonna guess.... Flannery?
It's not the event, it's the reaction to the event!

Cris Whetstone
GCC Member
GCC Member

#249 Post by Cris Whetstone » January 31st, 2018, 10:28 pm

Ed Murray wrote:
Cris Whetstone wrote:For those of us not part of the 'we' or in the 'know' who was the mega-seller?
Those are some beefy sales so I'm gonna guess.... Flannery?
Good one. Somehow I never even saw that on BD. Doh!
WetRock

AndrewH

#250 Post by AndrewH » February 4th, 2018, 1:44 pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote:Well, you numbers crunchers, here's some data for ya!!

Still need another 10-15 respondents, but holy crap...we're over $500k!
Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 11.45.48 AM.png
We all 'know' who the one mega-numbers participant was, but that's impressive nonetheless.

(Data taken from a forum only accessible by those who participated as sellers in BerserkerDay)
So are you taking the low end or high end (or middle) of each range to estimate gross sales? (Kind of like those financial disclosures that say things like Senator xxx has assets worth between $5.8 and $90.6 million.
Andrew H e i m e r t

Return to “BerserkerDay IX (January 27, 2018 - it was a doozy!)”