Vincent Wine Company in Oregon's Willamette Valley

Berserkers, I started my commercial wine production in Oregon in 2009 after apprenticing at several different producers. I’ve been a Berserker from the start and owe my wine business to online sites like this, going back to the late '90s. I was a newbie wine geek back then, met all kinds of people online from seasoned collectors to all kinds of people in the industry, began helping out in wineries and the rest is history. Groups like Wine Berserkers are why I somehow found the path to making wine! I’ve been participating in BerserkerDay since 2011, when I first had wine to sell, and it’s been a great day to be a buyer as well as a seller.

My Vincent wines are mostly Pinot Noir, with small amounts of Pinot Blanc, Chardonnay and lately Gamay Noir (sold out!). I’m not dogmatic, so instead of “natural” I just view my approach as old school. At minimum farming is sustainable if not organic in the vineyards I work with, then native ferments, no additives beyond a bit of sulfur, few punchdowns on the red ferments, not much racking, and generally a goal to truly let the grapes and vineyards speak through a carefully monitored but hands off approach. Like with cooking, I believe less is more.

You can find out more about things and join my mailing list using the link in my signature. The next pre-release offer to the list goes out February 1 for 2015 single vineyard releases and some new whites, two “tardive” bottlings of Chardonnay and Pinot Blanc, both aged on the lees for 18 months in old, clean French oak.