Engracia Wines "Kinda Newbie" - 2nd year

Hello Berserkers!!

Thank you Todd, for allowing us 2nd year newbies to post on this thread and give us a chance to tell our story.

First off, what does Engracia mean? The short & sweet version is: Engracia (Grace in English) was my Cuban grandmother, and she was a major inspiration in my life. Want to read more click here

I started making wine in 2006, a year after I moved to California from Miami, Florida. I started out with 15 gallons of Chardonnay in my kitchen (about 6 cases of wine). The wine was drinkable, so I made more the following year. I doubled my production every year making the wine wherever I could find the space- friend’s basements, garages, etc. My grapes since 2007 have been primarily sourced from Silva Vineyard in Cotati, CA. Other vineyards we source our fruit from are Deerfield Ranch in Kenwood - Sonoma Valley and Ricci Vineyard in Carneros. In 2012, I started to realize I had more wine than I could drink and bootleg. Thus, Engracia Wines was born.

Engracia Wines officially began in 2013 with our first commercially available harvest of Silva Vineyard Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, along with Syrah and Angelica (sweet dessert wine made from Syrah Juice and fortified) from an organically-farmed vineyard on Deerfield Ranch’s Estate in Kenwood, CA. Currently, we create < 500 cases per harvest and all of our wines are single vineyard. Click here to read about our winemaking philosophy.

I have been fortunate and immensely grateful for the opportunity to work with the one and only Clark Smith of WineSmith Wines for the last four years as his assistant winemaker. Clark has taught me to look at wine as “Liquid Music”, and that it is the “ultimate slow food”. Being a musician and coming from a culinary background, I can totally relate.

I am happy to become a part of the Wine Berserker Community. This is my art and passion! I look forward to sharing it with you.

We are pleased to say that our wines have been well received in the wine competitions and wine lover communities. Here are some great Cellar Tracker notes, click here. Below are our current awards and accolades.

2013 “Silva Vineyard” Chardonnay
Gold Medal - Sonoma County Harvest Fair 2015
92 Points - Prince of Pinot

2013 “Silva Vineyard” Pinot Noir
Silver Medal - San Francisco Chronicle 2016
88 points - Prince of Pinot

2013 “Deerfield Vineyard” Syrah
Gold Medal - Sonoma County Harvest Fair 2016
Gold Medal - San Francisco Chronicle 2017

Salud!!!
Mike Faulk
Winepapa / Owner

Hey Mike,
Good to see you here for another year and looking forward to your offers.

Thank you Ron and great to hear from you. I am looking forward to it too. I’ve got some great offers, stay tuned.

Best,

Mike