new anova

Cheaper too!!!

I’m in

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/anova/anova-precision-cooker-cook-sous-vide-with-your-ip

The whole iPhone thing seems a bit unnecessary and gimmicky, to simply set the temperature for you, but what do I know. :slight_smile:

Interesting how they only recommend a Ziploc bag, vs. a vacuum sealed bag… Isn’t that dangerous for bacterial growth?

marketing. lower barrier for prospective customers to surpass.

using a ziploc bag is a cheaper method and still works. There are several methods to get rid of as much of the as possible from a ziploc baggie. submerging in a bowl of water is the easiest.

completely disagree. they’re releasing the SDK, so independent programmers will be able to do all sorts of awesome stuff with this.

Interesting. So it’s a toned down version of their original one

The kickstarter version is 7-8 Liters per minute pump speed opposed to 12 on the version 1. Tank capacity of 4-5 gallons v 5-6 gallons. 800W heating power v 1K. Made of plastic opposed to metal for the submerged part.

I think I’ll buy one as a gift for someone. It looks pretty cool, especially the iphone app part.

I guess I am missing what sort of awesomeness there is in setting the temp of an immersion circulator stick…